+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi how did you get appointment? It shoes all full.

We went to BLS Brampton today for passport surrender certificate, the process was overall smooth since we took an appointment.

Does anyone know how crowded BLS Brampton gets during pick-up time? The agents mentioned there are usually 70 people in the line and they give out tokens for pick-up to only 25 people. Was it a tactic for us to pay for courier ($60 pp)?

Anyone has recent experience how bad it is during document pick-up (3-4 pm)?

rammani

Feb 3, 2021
I submitted my SC application at Toronto BLS on Apr 5 and my SC certificate was printed on Apr 10 as per the status available in the Indian Consulate website but I don't see any status change in Bls tracker. Anyone facing the same issue?

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
We are still waiting for Surrender certificate ,submitted on 5th March 2024 and shows "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Can any body know currently what is timeline going on at Ottawa
March 2 and in the same boat.
Know about a case from January. Still waiting.
Another case from February 10, received SC on April 16.
*Only referring to BLS Ottawa Applications*

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Completed timeline

My partial timeline in Toronto jurisdiction:
4-Apr: Submitted in person via appointment at BLS
5-Apr: Reached embassy and documents/payment received
8-Apr: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
9-Apr: Surrender certificate has been printed.
12- Apr: In transit to BLS from Consulate
16-Apr: Dispatched through Purolator, with tracking code
18-Apr: Delivered (had to pick up at a nearby location since "I missed them" :rolleyes:)

Thank god I have an OCI slot on the 25th. Go to bank tomorrow to get demand draft and get all the docs scanned and photocopied.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Completed timeline

12- Apr: In transit to BLS from Consulate
16-Apr: Dispatched through Purolator, with tracking code
18-Apr: Delivered (had to pick up at a nearby location since "I missed them" :rolleyes:)

Thank god I have an OCI slot on the 25th. Go to bank tomorrow to get demand draft and get all the docs scanned and photocopied.
All the best with your OCI application, see you with the latte on the OCI thread :p

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
SC application is straight forward should not take more than a few hours to arrange your docs.
But like I suggested in previous post, take all original docs and copies of the same to BLS including Canadian and Indian Passport, Citizenship Certificate, Proof of Address (DL/Utility Bill), Marriage Certificate (if you are married), CpPR document (i know not required but BLS hain to kuch bhee mumkin hain)
Also make sure you print all pages of the checklist, sirf cover page print kiya to bhi they will reject your application or pay for print out charges of the complete checklist
Follow up question:

On marriage cert wife has her maiden name, is it a risk to take it? We don't want to get into unnecessary affidavit jhanjat.

Because all of her Canadian and Indian docs have her name changed. Also, I am submitting for both of us so don't want to take the risk.

Any suggestions?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@2017CanadaHo! kya bolti public ?
sab ko mera pranaam. let's start the havan with the first shlok - aisa koi saga nahi jisko BLS ne thaga nahi

@adstarscream732 as @abbas.pasha mentioned - take EVERYTHING with you, and their copies (because photocopying charges if imposed are crazy). i suggest even take your bloodwork reports. maybe even an xray to show you don't have a spine; BLS doesn't like people with spines - who insist ye charges galat hain, wo process faltu hai etc.

jokes aside,
BACKSTORY: i had a different problem during OCI appl, my wife's name in marriage certificate was her post marriage surname! and since all her documents were with her married name, they said show some document with her maiden name and an affidavit that says it is the same person. this is despite the fact that the same document worked in every previous step but not for OCI.

SUGGESTION:
A - if EVERY document of your wife is in the married name (IN PP, CA PP, CA citizensh cert, CA CoPR, etc.), consider saying NO to the qn "ever been known with a different name?". wrong hai, but this is what BLS did for my wife when they filled in her form. without this, if you say she had a different name - they will ask - document dikhao, affidavit lao.

B - if you have SOME document esplly in CGI/HCI records with her maiden name, get an affidavit made (i can share the language). it will cost you $10 - 15 for notary thats it.
>> take a print of it beforehand before you visit a notary, because if a notary makes or prints the content they generally ask for $50 - 60 more
>> find a notary away from downtown Toronto and away from consulates/BLS jaisi organizations, there notaries (you can guess why) charge $20 - 30 for notary

Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Thank you, @2017CanadaHo! And @abbas.pasha

SC application does not have that question - Known by different name - so I guess best to tell them no, but will it affect our OCI application in the future?

Also how would we know what documents exist at CGI?

Last edited:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thank you, @2017CanadaHo! And @abbas.pasha

SC application does not have that question - Known by different name - so I guess best to tell them no, but will it affect our OCI application in the future?

Also how would we know what documents exist at CGI?
you're right; SC application doesn't have this qn. best hai. just go ahead; don't approach the maiden name/affidavit etc. area yourself; they wouldn't either.
no, shouldn't have an issue in OCI (see my msg above, option 1)
CGI/HCI records relate to what you have as documents - passports, etc. we normally save pdfs of applications; check if you've declared it previously. but agar kiya bhee hoga, eventually her PP etc. would've been made in her married name. i really doubt issuing authorities dig that deep before issuing subsequent documents.

Reactions: adstarscream732