imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Can I mail the SC application for my wife and me in a single courier ? May be 2 envelops with documents for each individual.
Should I use a single Bank draft or separate ones ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can I mail the SC application for my wife and me in a single courier ? May be 2 envelops with documents for each individual.
Should I use a single Bank draft or separate ones ?
I believe you'll have to pay courier charges for each application
Regarding the draft you can pay with one draft but the issue with it is if one of the application gets returned for whatever reason, then they will return both applications since its a single draft payment... So its better to use separate drafts for each application

allzgood

Oct 9, 2022
We are still waiting for Surrender certificate ,submitted on 5th March 2024 and shows "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Can any body know currently what is timeline going on at Ottawa

Really whimsical these days. People from January, first week of February are still waiting.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I believe you'll have to pay courier charges for each application
Regarding the draft you can pay with one draft but the issue with it is if one of the application gets returned for whatever reason, then they will return both applications since its a single draft payment... So its better to use separate drafts for each application
I am planning to use Canada Post mail service instead of BLS's courier option.
Do I still need to send applications separately ?

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Did you try to submit your application with revised fees? I can see the revised fees of $117.7 on BLS website.
yea i saw it yesterday as well. thinking to go next week to BLS but wil cal to confirm if they are accepting. last time i stand in queue for an hour and got to know that they are not accepting passport surrender application.
do u know for sure that they are open to this? vancouver branch

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
BLS and their antics - make me feel at times i'm either mad, lost or gone blind!

ok, lets break this down
fee as per BLS - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)
fee as per CGI/HCI - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)

either the counter person didn't apply the correct fee (WOW), or your friend is mistaken (but aisey kyu hoga)....
i see the same fee...previously it was 129 dollars something but now 117

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Has anyone applied for surrender certificate through a mail/courier directly without using BLS courier service ?
How much it cost that way ?
How does the certificate pickup from BLS center works ?

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
yea i saw it yesterday as well. thinking to go next week to BLS but wil cal to confirm if they are accepting. last time i stand in queue for an hour and got to know that they are not accepting passport surrender application.
do u know for sure that they are open to this? vancouver branch
Not sure about walk in. But I sent my application through post on April 16 2024 with new fees of $117.70 after confirming this fees with BLS Surrey.

dhavalphx4u

Apr 17, 2024
I had checked BLS website on Apr 3 for latest fees for surrender certificate, it was 123.7 so i got certified cheque for that amount and sent. Today, i called them and they said my application has been returned due to incorrect fee. I said to BLS agent over phone, website was showing 123.7 on that day but he said fees were changed effective March 28, 2024. I said, website was showing 123.7 , his response : you may be checking different website and not bls one. I said keep 6 dollar extra but he said no we will return application. here is the funny part, they will send my application back but now, i have to pay for return courier charge of 45 extra. isn't this insane ? they changed location of Toronto and did not even care to inform people who had scheduled appointment at that location. Has India improved ? where is digitization talk that we are hearing.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I had checked BLS website on Apr 3 for latest fees for surrender certificate, it was 123.7 so i got certified cheque for that amount and sent. Today, i called them and they said my application has been returned due to incorrect fee. I said to BLS agent over phone, website was showing 123.7 on that day but he said fees were changed effective March 28, 2024. I said, website was showing 123.7 , his response : you may be checking different website and not bls one. I said keep 6 dollar extra but he said no we will return application. here is the funny part, they will send my application back but now, i have to pay for return courier charge of 45 extra. isn't this insane ? they changed location of Toronto and did not even care to inform people who had scheduled appointment at that location. Has India improved ? where is digitization talk that we are hearing.
This is nothing to do with India. There you can go and get it done for Rs.500 on the same day. This is a Canada specific pain which does not look like will go away.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
We went to BLS Brampton today for passport surrender certificate, the process was overall smooth since we took an appointment.

Does anyone know how crowded BLS Brampton gets during pick-up time? The agents mentioned there are usually 70 people in the line and they give out tokens for pick-up to only 25 people. Was it a tactic for us to pay for courier ($60 pp)?

Anyone has recent experience how bad it is during document pick-up (3-4 pm)?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
We went to BLS Brampton today for passport surrender certificate, the process was overall smooth since we took an appointment.

Does anyone know how crowded BLS Brampton gets during pick-up time? The agents mentioned there are usually 70 people in the line and they give out tokens for pick-up to only 25 people. Was it a tactic for us to pay for courier ($60 pp)?

Anyone has recent experience how bad it is during document pick-up (3-4 pm)?
Be there between 1:30-1:45 to be first in the line for collection between Mon-Fri
Picked up both SCs and later on OCIs from Brampton in Dec 2022 and Feb 2023

Reactions: IndianBos

dhavalphx4u

Apr 17, 2024
This is nothing to do with India. There you can go and get it done for Rs.500 on the same day. This is a Canada specific pain which does not look like will go away.
I think, my comment is misunderstood. I am told that BLS operations are handled by Indian agencies even though they operate in Canada. India has made rapid progress in digitization. my comment was why BLS is still operating in old ways and causing pain to lot of residents here. so it was in that context. appreciate your perspective though.