+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

I have to get my son's Indian passport renewed in Canada (Toronto). What Indian address should I fill on the form if no one currently lives there to avoid any verification issues. On passport I will fill Canadian address only. Can anyone who has been through this situation help.
You can provide your parents address or relatives address.

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
My daughters passport status shows "Passport has been printed" one day after I got an email for initiation of police verification. Anyone understand this? Also she has been born outside and never lived there, what the hell are they going to verify? Will i get my passport soon or will it be stuck till police verification.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
My daughters passport status shows "Passport has been printed" one day after I got an email for initiation of police verification. Anyone understand this? Also she has been born outside and never lived there, what the hell are they going to verify? Will i get my passport soon or will it be stuck till police verification.
no idea why they are doing police verification in india even if the applicant doesnt live there.

this was my timeline, you can expect passport soon..

oct 18, 2021 - gave application to bls
nov 10, 2021 - passport printed
nov 12, 2021 - passport picked up by purolator
nov 15, 2021 - passport delivered

Subh@041089

Dec 6, 2021
I am from Ottawa. I have applied in person at BLS Ottawa for passport renewal . My police verification is done last wee. How long does it take after police verification for passport to initiate printing ? I have done tickets to India so worried. Thanks

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
no idea why they are doing police verification in india even if the applicant doesnt live there.

this was my timeline, you can expect passport soon..

oct 18, 2021 - gave application to bls
nov 10, 2021 - passport printed
nov 12, 2021 - passport picked up by purolator
nov 15, 2021 - passport delivered
Did you have a police verification?

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
Thanks for your reply. In case I provide parents or relative's address what documents do they need to have to complete the verification
There is no documentation to complete, this is required for Police verification in India. The Police will contact the telephone number provided to confirm that they know about you and your family.

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
I am from Ottawa. I have applied in person at BLS Ottawa for passport renewal . My police verification is done last wee. How long does it take after police verification for passport to initiate printing ? I have done tickets to India so worried. Thanks
Maybe 1 - 2
Hi,
How did you take your photos this time with the correct dimensions?
Thank you,
Recommend going to staples, they do photos for India and will also stamp the photo

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
Hello,
Please advise:
I have 2 applications for passport renewal for my kids. Do I need to use 2 different envelops by paying $70 each to Purolator or I can send both the applications in the same envelop?
Can someone who has gone through this situation advise me?
Thank you very much
hi, Recommend using 2 different packages with 1 pickup/drop off service. When i called the BLS customer care, they asked me how many applications I was sending for renewal. BLS customer care can guide you better.

Reactions: NRY

sidhucanada

Star Member
May 15, 2013
There is no documentation to complete, this is required for Police verification in India. The Police will contact the telephone number provided to confirm that they know about you and your family.
My police varification for passport last week
I sent pr card copy and passport copy and other I'd and two neighbors and councillor ward

abhcan

Star Member
Mine's a very long timeline(due to mostly my goofups)

I'm a Canada PR - passport expired in mid Sept 2021

Here's my status

Normal passport renewal: No changes requested

27th August : Purolator picked up application
30th August : Reached BLS Brampton
3rd September : BLS Returned the application with letter (Bank draft missing) - had it but just forgot to put in the envelope on Aug 30
7th September : Purolator picked up application (with Bank Draft included)
8th September : Reached BLS Brampton
13th September : received email from brampton.p@blsinternational.net in afternoon on issues with Photo (dimensions ok but wearing light coloured shirt)
13th September : received email from info@blsindia-canada.com in evening

20th September : responded to email info@blsindia-canada.com with photo as attachment to email since I was out of town till then.
No status - passport india portal just says Application submitted (means probably held at BLS), assumed renewal was processing
12th November : received my old passport and application back in Purolator package with a letter attached saying submit proper photos
14th November : took new photos and prepared resend of the application
15th November : Purolator picked up application
16th November : Reached BLS Brampton
24th November : Status changed to Processing at Consulate general - BLS website

Current status on Passport India Portal3 site :
StatusPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate
Update

14th November : took new photos and prepared resend of the application
15th November : Purolator picked up application
16th November : Reached BLS Brampton
24th November : Status changed to Processing at Consulate general - BLS website
8th December : Check portal3 passport india site . Status changed to Passport has been printed
On https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ website obtained the Purolator AWB number
Purolator has also picked up the package. Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow or day after.

Div Kal

Dec 9, 2021
Hello, I’ve an emergency back in India (family member critically ill) and need to fly asap. Was about to book a flight and checked my passport expired on November 30th.
Please help to confirm if I can get an emergency certificate in this case, or should i go for tatkal passport renewal?
If tatkal, can i directly go to Consulate or I should go to BLS first and explain them.?
Please help
Thankyou

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
Hello, I’ve an emergency back in India (family member critically ill) and need to fly asap. Was about to book a flight and checked my passport expired on November 30th.
Please help to confirm if I can get an emergency certificate in this case, or should i go for tatkal passport renewal?
If tatkal, can i directly go to Consulate or I should go to BLS first and explain them.?
Please help
Thankyou
Hi,
Recommend calling BLS customer care, they will guide you better. Also, on the Indian consulate Toronto website, it does say for emergency visa, you will need to book an appointment, since in your case, its passport - Tatkal renewal will be the best option. Below are my timelines:

Nov 29th 1:38 PM: Picked up old passport package from preferred location.
Dec 1st: Received at BLS International
Dec 2nd: Showed up on BLS International Portal
Dec 6th: BLS Showed processing application complete, while Passport seva website showed - Application received along with fees
Dec 8th: Passport printed
Dec 9th: Got email for police verification, while BLS site showed Ready for dispatch and Picked up by courier (all in one day). Tracking number was also available on BLS site.
Dec 10th 11:04 AM: Got passport delivered at preferred location - signed delivery.

You can request for pickup & Delivery service by calling BLS International service canada, it will cost you $111 and depends on number of applications being submitted.

Overall timeline is only 1 week and you don't have to leave your home.

Ensure that you follow the BLS checklist - *NOTE*: Checklist says that they will not accept Tatkal application over postal, but they are accepting due to COVID.
Ensure the photos are correct 2" x 2" - Take your Photos at Staples, they will stamp it also.
Ensure you complete Online Passport application at the Passport Seva portal for renewal, Annexure E, Personal Details form and affix Photo where ever required.
Need a Draft of $289.40 - One draft is enough (not two as stated in BLS checklist).
You will also need to provide Canadian address if you are on PR - I am not sure of work permit. BLS customer care can clarify this for you.

Hope this helps. All the best.