+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
It took 3 months for me using the postal option. Providing the dates below:

31-Mar-21Application picked up by Purolator
1-Apr-21Purolator.com status: "Package delivered" to purolator
9-Apr-21BLS Status: "In process"
16-Apr-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
24-Apr-21Email received on "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for Passport Application File issued to India"
5-May-21Family member goes to the police station to inquire
18-May-21Police verification sent by local police station
22-Jun-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport has been printed"
24-Jun-21BLS Status: "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Center"
25-Jun-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport printed and will be delivered shortly"
25-Jun-21BLS Status: "Ready for Dispatch"
26-Jun-21BLS Status: "Dispatched via Courier" - with Purolator airway bill number
28-Jun-21Purolator.com status: Shipping label created, picked up by Purolator
29-Jun-21Passport delivered
Hi, did you include a self addressed return envelope with your application? And did you provide a photocopy of all pages of your passport?

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi All,
Please see timelines for passport renewal- walk-in - Brampton Office

1. Application submitted at BLS Toronto Jurisdiction in Brampton – DEC 14,2021
2. BLS Website updated to "In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General": DEC 15, 2021
3. Status on Passport Seva at Indian Embassy (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) "Passport application along with fee details have been received": DEC 16, 2021
4. Status on Passport Seva at Indian Embassy (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html): Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. DEC 23,2021
5. India Embassy GOV website updated to "Passport Print has been initiated": DEC 27, 2021
6.India Embassy GOV website updated to "Passport has been printed": DEC 28, 2021
7. BLS Website updated to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre ": JAN 04,2022
8. BLS website application tracking updated to "Ready for dispatch": JAN 05, 2022
9. BLS website application tracking updated to "Passport dispatched via Purolator with tracking number": JAN 05, 2022
10. New Passport received via Purolator on: Jan 06,2022
**Not received email for police verification, Not contacted by police at India address.
**Canada address printed on new passport

Reactions: Terminator

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Hi All,

Renewal application submitted in person at Lawrence Avenue BLS Office. Reached 20 minutes before appointment time, had a big argument with the security staff. People were waiting since 2 hours beyond their scheduled appointment time. The staff was behaving as if they are still in India. No respect for the people and their time. You have to stand your ground and ask for the manager. They cannot physically touch you or push you out. Stand your ground but use your words carefully. Told the manager Erissa that if they will not honour my time-slot, I will contact the high commission. She told me that I will be processed at the appointed time.

They will try to sell you a cheap passport cover for 5 dollars. You can refuse it. You are under no obligation to buy additional services or products from them. Raise your voice if needed. They cannot do anything.

Passport details - Original passport had few months validity left, was issued in India. New primary address is in Canada, secondary address is in India

Submitted - 14th Dec 2021
Acknowledgment received both on BLS and Portal4 - Passport Seva - 15th Dec 2021
Passport under processing at consulate - 16 Dec 2021
Passport print initiated - 27 Dec 2021
Passport has been printed - 29 Dec 2021
Passport Despatched (BLS) - 4th Jan 2022
Passport Received at Home - 6th Jan 2022

No police verification email, or contact at the home address in India. Perhaps as the primary address is in Canada and not India.

Condition of the BLS office is dilapidated, and they work as if they are some government office still in India. The strip mall where they have chosen to put up the BLS office is at the worst location. A police car is always patrolling in the parking area, which explains a lot about the security situation of the place.

Government of India should assign some different agency for passport processing as BLS is all about making money. The location, experience and attitude of the staff is demeaning and high handed. They are ruining the reputation of our country.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
NEED URGENT HELP.

Application for my 5 yr daughter's passport renewal postal application is sent back with following note:

dear applicant, you’re incomplete / incorrect application is being sent back due to the following reason/s: • provide demand draft of correct amount as per the type of application. refer bls website for fee amount. we are sending back the original documents: • draft • passport

I have following questions:

1. Will they send the application back via post to my residence address automatically or do I need to first pay for courier fees ?
2. What is the correct fees for passport renewal for postal application? I initially sent them Postal Money Order for Canada Post of 196.40 and paid the drop off fees separately via Credit Card. Please let me know what is the exact fee for normal passport renewal (36 pages)?
3. How to encash the previous Postal Money Order.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.
Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. So, I am getting my passport renewed and I am not sure about the following few things:

1) BLS Website and even checklist says PR Card and landing paper: I came here on Visitor Visa and then got my PR Approved -So, am I suppose to attach the landing stamp page of passport, the IRCC letter confirming PR and the PR Card too? Also, do I need to provide photocopies of these or original documents?

2) How are we calculating the fees; I understand 103.40 is the passport renewal fees how is the total coming to 289.40 - BLS website is a bit confusing.

3) Are they accepting walk-ins without appointment these days or would you recommend postal method over it?

TIA
Hi S_R_J,

I have also applied for renewal of my kid's passport through Tatkaal. I have got the passport printed status and a mail for initiation of police verification.

My question is how much time it took after receiving mail for police verification initiation to actual police verification happening in India.

shab1234

Jan 13, 2022
Hi, is there any workaround for this? I am in urgent need of a passport and cannot wait for 4-6 weeks for normal processing. The problem is if I selected marital status as 'Married' then the Spouse name becomes a required field. My application was returned saying Spouse name cannot be added under Tatkaal application!! I just want my passport ASAP but if I give my correct marital status I cannot get the passport under Tatkaal!!

Can you guys suggest any workaround?? Is there a way that you enter marital status as 'Married' but not opt to add spouse name??

Hi! Did you find any solution to this? I have the same problem. Need a passport under tatkal but because of married status cannot apply under Tatkaal.

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Hi anyone has/had this issue: Married but don't have Marriage Certificate? BLS has asked me to send it but I don't have it!
I couldn't lie on my application and say I am single. Since I selected "Married", spouse details became mandatory fields. Ugh.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hi S_R_J,

I have also applied for renewal of my kid's passport through Tatkaal. I have got the passport printed status and a mail for initiation of police verification.

My question is how much time it took after receiving mail for police verification initiation to actual police verification happening in India.
Hi, did you got your passport and police verification ?

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hi All..

I have some questions.. Please help me with them..

1. I live in Markham. Can I submit my application at Brampton BLS Center ?

2. Do we really need to fill and attach Personal Particular Form along with the application? Its not mentioned in the check list..

3. Except from Annexure E, is there any other annexure which we need to fill it out and attach it..

Thank you in advance to all the experts...

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hi All..

I have some questions.. Please help me with them..

1. I live in Markham. Can I submit my application at Brampton BLS Center ?

2. Do we really need to fill and attach Personal Particular Form along with the application? Its not mentioned in the check list..

3. Except from Annexure E, is there any other annexure which we need to fill it out and attach it..

Thank you in advance to all the experts...
1. Most problably it will be brampton however you can call bls customer care in brampton and ask them.
2. No personal particular form needed.
3. Only Annexure E is needed in Annexures.

Reactions: sunny soni

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Thanks Rocky261096.. But I am trying to call them since morning .. It says "The number you are dialing does not exists"... I got the number from google.. 416.307.2237.. please advise.. any other number i can dial...

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Thanks Rocky261096.. But I am trying to call them since morning .. It says "The number you are dialing does not exists"... I got the number from google.. 416.307.2237.. please advise.. any other number i can dial...
go to bls website below and you will se contact us option. Go there, there you will see brampton number

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php

There will be a long wait time of 30 mins but be patient they will pickup the call.

Reactions: sunny soni

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Hi guys. I submitted an application for my passport renewal at BLS Ottawa. I put my Canadian address as the primary address and Indian address in secondary.

However, my mom is presently with me in Canada. No one is in that Indian address I mentioned. What would happen in such a case? As a backup I included my PCC issued in 2018 along with my application. The PCC was issued by the Indian consulate in Chicago and I have never been to India since. What happens if they do a police check and no one is there presently in the Indian address?