+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Hello, congratulations! Are you staying in Toronto? I have applied for renewal process and the status is in passport printing initiated. I stay in Montreal, can I expect new passport in a week?
Yes, I live in Toronto. I was expecting it to take longer as they might do police verification, but it didn't seem like they did. You should get it in a few days, atmost a week since you're in Montreal.

PallaviSharma

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, I live in Toronto. I was expecting it to take longer as they might do police verification, but it didn't seem like they did. You should get it in a few days, atmost a week since you're in Montreal.
Thanks for your reply!
How many days it took for you to get the status " passport has been printed" mine is still in "passport printing initiated"

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks for your reply!
How many days it took for you to get the status " passport has been printed" mine is still in "passport printing initiated"
Interestingly, both statuses showed up on the same day for me, on 10th Nov. "Passport printing initiated" was there only for a few hours.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
normal passport application.

canadian address printed on passport but still there was police verification sent to india. we had to give little money to the police officer.

oct 18, 2021 - gave application to bls
nov 10, 2021 - passport printed
nov 12, 2021 - passport picked up by purolator
nov 15, 2021 - passport delivered

staycool

Nov 18, 2021
Sharing my recent experience..

Recently I applied for the passport renewal under tatkal as I completely forgot about the expiry and I need it very urgently. I stand up in the queue for ~5 hours as I don't have any appointments. After 5 hours I got my turn and submitted my application. BLS representative told me that it will be shipped to your address and confirmed the shipping address. I told them that I can pick it from the BLS office as I need it urgently however they told me that shipping will be fast as passport will be directly sent to your home address from the consulate and will save 1 day.

I accepted and paid $30 which is very high for mailing inside Toronto however saving me 1 day and time to visit the BLS office. Now my passport has been printed (just took 1 day in consulate) and instead of sending it to me from the consulate it first went to BLS then they kept it for 24 hours and shipped it to my address and delayed the whole process by 1 day.

I noticed the same thing in the past also, ~1 year back where they charged me ~$70 for shipping. They never inform you about the shipping cost and just give you the total.

For some people it's convenient and even last time it's ok for me to pay $70 however they are not transparent and trying to trick or push customers to always go for the shipping method.

My timeline for Tatkal:

2 days sending passport from BLS to consulate
1 day in consulate
1 day from consulate to BLS
1 days @ BLS office most probably quarantine
1 day shipping to my address
Hi Kumar,

Congrats on finally getting the passport despite the issues with the shipping. I am planning to submit a renewal under Tatkal too. Can you please share if they did a police verification at the Indian address or not? I am not sure if they do police verifications in tatkal cases. Thank you for your help in advance!

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Hi Kumar,

Congrats on finally getting the passport despite the issues with the shipping. I am planning to submit a renewal under Tatkal too. Can you please share if they did a police verification at the Indian address or not? I am not sure if they do police verifications in tatkal cases. Thank you for your help in advance!
someone i know renewed passport last year (2020) under tatkaal, what happened was the person here in toronto got the new passport in 1 week but the police verification in india was sent late. LOL.

staycool

Nov 18, 2021
someone i know renewed passport last year (2020) under tatkaal, what happened was the person here in toronto got the new passport in 1 week but the police verification in india was sent late. LOL.
Funny how the processes work! Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated!

staycool

Nov 18, 2021
Submitted walk-in yesterday at BLS Toronto.
Current status on BLS site:

Application StatusUnder Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

On PassportSeva site:
Application StatusPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Are the two updates not synced? What would be the next step and how long might that take? Anything to calm the nerves. Thanks
Hi,

How was your experience walking in at BLS Toronto? Did you have to go super early or wait for a long time? Thanks!

draviki1979

Nov 21, 2021
Hi, I am renewing my passport for my son who is 5 years old. I have affixed 1 photograph on the online application form and sending 1 in the packet. Do I need to send 2 pp in the packet along with 1 affixed or 1 affixed and 1 in the package. Please confirm.
I have made a Bank draft of $72.40. Please confirm if this correct

dhadesai

May 21, 2015
Hi, I want to renew my expired passport. My PR card's current status is expired. I have sent my PR renewal application to CIC.

The passport re-issue checklist says that

If PR Card has expired, please submit the below documents; - Letter from CIC stating that your application for Permanent Residency in Canada is approved.

Could someone please suggest the process to get this letter from CIC?
Thank you.

Vee_23

Nov 10, 2021
Hello,
The BLS website says that my passport renewal application has been returned (because I had mentioned Indian address as passport printable address). I had sent a postal application.
Can someone please advise me what to do next? Does this mean that I have to pay the $70 Puralator fee again or can I go in person and submit the corrected form?
Will they return the draft for payment or will I have to pay the processing fee again?

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hello,
The BLS website says that my passport renewal application has been returned (because I had mentioned Indian address as passport printable address). I had sent a postal application.
Can someone please advise me what to do next? Does this mean that I have to pay the $70 Puralator fee again or can I go in person and submit the corrected form?
Will they return the draft for payment or will I have to pay the processing fee again?
Same situation as you - that is they have returned my docs. Haven't received them yet but wondering how to resend! Did you find out?
I also want to put Indian address on passport but called BLS twice and both times they said it is mandatory to put Canadian address on passport if PR holder. Extremely annoying.

Vee_23

Nov 10, 2021
Same situation as you - that is they have returned my docs. Haven't received them yet but wondering how to resend! Did you find out?
I also want to put Indian address on passport but called BLS twice and both times they said it is mandatory to put Canadian address on passport if PR holder. Extremely annoying.
So I tried calling them and their agents are helpful but you often get conflicting information from different people if you call multiple times.
What I gathered was that I basically have to resubmit the entire application. For that I obviously have to wait for the returned documents which they will send via Puralator (could take upto a week it seems).
The person I spoke to said I can obtain permission from the Consulate in Toronto to have the Indian address printed on the passport. I dont know how to go about it yet - I can try emailing but I do now know if they actually entertain such requests.

Any insights would be helpful! And please let me know if you find out anything at your end....

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Wow we can actually have indian address on passport even if we are PR in canada?

Bls agents told me it has to be canadian address. Hmm...