+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Vee_23

Nov 10, 2021
The guy at the BLS office refused my application for this. He said since I am a PR, i must put canadian address, they wont accept indian address as primary address.
Question on this - if they dont accept Canadian address, what is the process to correct it? Do they send the forms back or do you just have to amend the form and re-submit to them?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Question on this - if they dont accept Canadian address, what is the process to correct it? Do they send the forms back or do you just have to amend the form and re-submit to them?
you cannot correct it, you can only create another application online and print it again.

if you have another application on hand with the correct address, then you can submit it. if not, they will tell you to come back next time.

Vee_23

Nov 10, 2021
So basically I have to resubmit the other
you cannot correct it, you can only create another application online and print it again.

if you have another application on hand with the correct address, then you can submit it. if not, they will tell you to come back next time.
So if I have to resubmit the application form - do I have to pay for the courier again? I am just wondering how to submit the application form. They do not accept walk-ins and no appointments are available at the Toronto location.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
So basically I have to resubmit the other

So if I have to resubmit the application form - do I have to pay for the courier again? I am just wondering how to submit the application form. They do not accept walk-ins and no appointments are available at the Toronto location.
Walk in is accepted even without appointment. But you will have to wait in line for hours (maybe 1-3 hours).

Vee_23

Nov 10, 2021
Oh I see. Thanks for your reply @keys8014
When I called, they flatly said no walk-ins permitted at any location. I figured it is to make money on the $75 they charge for the courier.
Anyway my situation is that I need to renew my mother's passport. She is a PR here but does stay in India for a few months every year. While in India, she needs address proof for various things. So having an Indian address on the passport is what she would prefer. Why do they insist on Canadian address on the passport? Its very frustrating.

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
Adding this information so it helps someone with trying to estimate the timeline - Normal processing:
16th Oct - Submitted a postal application for passport renewal
23rd Oct - Status updated to Received application
28-29 - Status updated to Processing at Consulate General
10th Nov Morning - Status updated to In Transit from Consulate General to BLS
10th Nov Afternoon - Ready for Dispatch
10th Nov Evening - Dispatched
11th Nov - Received my passport

I had written an email requesting to expedite my application with my confirmed flights attached since I have travel plans to passport.toronto@mea.gov.in
Not sure if that helped but my status moved quickly within 2 days of writing that email. Did not receive any response to that email however.

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi,

I'm trying to renew my Passport and am very confused about the Purolator part of things. I want to go to a Purolator location, get the envelope from them, place my docs in it and send to BLS. How do I do this? Which option do I pick?
I see the following -
1. Pick up and Drop Off (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU ARE SENDING FRESH APPLICATION TO BLS CENTER)
2. Pick Up (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU ARE SENDING ANY PENDING DOCUMENT)
3. Drop Off (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU WANT YOUR DOCUMENT TO BE DELIVERED AT YOUR ADDRESS)

PICK-UP: The complete application set would be picked up from the doorstep as per your scheduled Pickup date by Purolator. Kindly ensure that the documents, application form, demand draft is provided as per the checklist.

DROP-OFF aka Return Courier: The serviced document would be sent to the mailing address of the applicant once processed by the Consulate/Mission.

PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF (TOGETHER) The application would be picked from the doorstep and the serviced document would be dropped off at your doorstep. This service is to be chosen if you are dealing with the BLS Service first time.

PICK-UP (SEPARATE) Any documents that are left to be sent/documents requested by the BLS; the document can be sent using this service.

DROP-OFF (SEPARATE) If the application status says” Ready for collection”, then you can book the document delivery using this service.

or is it this link? which option?

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/

I'm really not sure how to proceed and would appreciate any help on next steps. Also - how do I get the shipping label? Would greatly appreciate some insights!

Last edited:

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I'm trying to renew my Passport and am very confused about the Purolator part of things. I want to go to a Purolator location, get the envelope from them, place my docs in it and send to BLS. How do I do this? Which option do I pick?
I see the following -
1. Pick up and Drop Off (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU ARE SENDING FRESH APPLICATION TO BLS CENTER)
2. Pick Up (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU ARE SENDING ANY PENDING DOCUMENT)
3. Drop Off (PLEASE CHOOSE THIS SERVICE IF YOU WANT YOUR DOCUMENT TO BE DELIVERED AT YOUR ADDRESS)

PICK-UP: The complete application set would be picked up from the doorstep as per your scheduled Pickup date by Purolator. Kindly ensure that the documents, application form, demand draft is provided as per the checklist.

DROP-OFF aka Return Courier: The serviced document would be sent to the mailing address of the applicant once processed by the Consulate/Mission.

PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF (TOGETHER) The application would be picked from the doorstep and the serviced document would be dropped off at your doorstep. This service is to be chosen if you are dealing with the BLS Service first time.

PICK-UP (SEPARATE) Any documents that are left to be sent/documents requested by the BLS; the document can be sent using this service.

DROP-OFF (SEPARATE) If the application status says” Ready for collection”, then you can book the document delivery using this service.

or is it this link? which option?

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/

I'm really not sure how to proceed and would appreciate any help on next steps. Also - how do I get the shipping label? Would greatly appreciate some insights!
Easiest would be to just call BLS center, they will set up the pickup and drop off for you and give you all the information. I did the same and they were really helpful both the times I called.

Reactions: ss0592

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
I'm trying to renew my passport under Tatkal. Is it mandatory to get a notarized affidavit for change of appearance? Thank god I found this thread

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Easiest would be to just call BLS center, they will set up the pickup and drop off for you and give you all the information. I did the same and they were really helpful both the times I called.
The BLS Brampton number? Did they tell you about shipping label and stuff too?

Thanks!

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
The BLS Brampton number? Did they tell you about shipping label and stuff too?

Thanks!
Yes, Brampton/Toronto - they are the same.
They literally did it for me. They took my address to give me a quote for pickup and drop off by purolator. And then took my info and credit card details and set up the pickup based on my preference and I received a shipping label in my email. They also walk you through the process and give you information on all the details about documentation that needs to be attached. Wouldn't hurt to ask and double check with your list. You have to be on hold for a few mins around 30 mins before you can get to speak with an agent but it was worth it for me.