+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
When you will get the returned package, you will also get a reason for rejection. Did you have any change in particulars and applied through tatkal? That is one of the reasons for rejection.
No, I applied in the regular process - I made a stupid mistake of attaching pictures with wrong dimensions, so it was rejected.

Kaul93

Mar 4, 2019
Hi guys ,I submitted my application 19th oct2021. I just got email that my application has been sent back . As I have applied for my Canadian citizenship but Application is still in process(oath is pending) . On indian passport renewal application form section 4 I have said Yes.

Please let me know do I have to send whole documents again or I have to send only the application form with corrections?

Thanks

Feb 24, 2016
Hey I am in Canada on visitor visa( multiple entry expiring in sep 2023) .
I am flying back to India via London Heathrow airport. Do I need to have transit visa? My flight is same day from same terminal 5 and layover is just 1 hour.
Senior please advise.

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Anyone know if we can go and submit the application through walkin without appointment? My postal application was rejected due to size of the photo I attached, even though they were the right dimensions. I want to submit it in-person to avoid this confusion but there are no appointments available till December.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Anyone know if we can go and submit the application through walkin without appointment? My postal application was rejected due to size of the photo I attached, even though they were the right dimensions. I want to submit it in-person to avoid this confusion but there are no appointments available till December.
yes, you can walk in without appointment, but the line is so long, you have to wait 1-3 hours. brampton location was easily 2-3 hours waiting time.

Reactions: srmocher

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied for passport renewal on Aug 20, 2021 via in person appointment at BLS Toronto.
Since then, my application status on passport seva website is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.".

A file number was generate within the week of submitting the application and I've seen no movement since then.
As I am a PR in Canada, I was asked to put my Canadian address as passport to be printed and Indian address as other address.

My worry is that it has been almost 5 weeks and there is no movement and I have to travel to India for my wedding in November.
But I can't book tickets until I have the new passport number.

I've raise a query to Toronto High Commission via sampark and I am yet to hear back from them.
No one In India has contacted my parents for Police verification, and I haven't received any email from the Consulate reg any such initiation.

What can I do to check the status of my application ?

Thanks in advance for you help.
Did your status change yet? I applied on Aug 25 and it still says 'Processing at Consulate'.

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Somehow managed to get an appointment for BLS Brampton when I looked up the portal yesterday. And the process was a breeze - was in and out in 20 minutes when I got there at 9 AM. They rejected my postal application earlier because I didn’t submit the photos with the correct dimensions apparently but I used the same photos when I walked in and they accepted it. Just glad it’s been submitted.

Reactions: ShivaniRN

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
Do we know what the normal processing time (non-tatkaal) for a passport renewal is at BLS Toronto? I applied on Aug 25 and still Pending review at Consulate.

newbie47-_-

Nov 1, 2021
Hi guys ,I submitted my application 19th oct2021. I just got email that my application has been sent back . As I have applied for my Canadian citizenship but Application is still in process(oath is pending) . On indian passport renewal application form section 4 I have said Yes.

Please let me know do I have to send whole documents again or I have to send only the application form with corrections?

Thanks
On the same boat as you regarding applied for citizenship but awaiting oath/Canadian passport. Did you get more info on this?

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
I am not in Canada, nor am I pursuing immigration to Canada. I just applied for an Indian passport renewal from a totally different part of the world and this information helped me. I created an account here just to thank this person. THANK YOU!
I'm on Point 11 from your table even after applying for passport on August 25. Is this usually in order of processing?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
@Wacky1.nash
Quick question - I see the "passport re issue " checklist states to put Canadian address under printable address if you're a PR but is printing the Canadian address on the passport compulsory ?

Also, If I do submit my Indian address under "other address" what cell phone number do I give? A parents , are they called ? is a police verification done (the Indian address I'd submit would be the same as the one currently printed on my passport)?
No, it isn't mandatory to have the Canadian Address on your passport, but why would you want an Indian address when you are no longer living in the country? Unless you have plans to return to India and permanently reside there.

To your second question - Yes, give you parent's cell phone number. Yes, they may still do a police verification even if the address is the same as your current passport.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
No, it isn't mandatory to have the Canadian Address on your passport, but why would you want an Indian address when you are no longer living in the country? Unless you have plans to return to India and permanently reside there.

To your second question - Yes, give you parent's cell phone number. Yes, they may still do a police verification even if the address is the same as your current passport.
The guy at the BLS office refused my application for this. He said since I am a PR, i must put canadian address, they wont accept indian address as primary address.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
I added canadian address as primary address on the passport (i am a PR), BLS accepted my application, now they are sending a police verification in India. This is absurd, they want us to put canadian address and still there is a police verification in India. :rolleyes:

Reactions: hk14