+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Takita

May 12, 2021
My Application now shows the following update:

Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant.
Purolator - Out for delivery

passport portal status -
Application StatusPassport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant.
weird..

Last edited:

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Purolator - Out for delivery

passport portal status -
Application StatusPassport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant.
weird..
That's Strange.

But you got Purolator delivery tracking code earlier...Right...Is it showing in-transit ?

MAKD

Sep 24, 2021
No as you are adding spouse name, as per their checklist criteria its not eligible for "Tatkal". It was same with me Yesterday where I went to submit my renewal Passport where I submitted "Tatkal" but office denied and said as I am adding spouse name, I can't apply under Tatkal. If I want to apply under Tatkal and there shouldn't any changes to existing passport and I need to show as Single which is in reality not true as my original old passport at that time was Single but not now. So I would say submit online form under "Normal".
Hi, is there any workaround for this? I am in urgent need of a passport and cannot wait for 4-6 weeks for normal processing. The problem is if I selected marital status as 'Married' then the Spouse name becomes a required field. My application was returned saying Spouse name cannot be added under Tatkaal application!! I just want my passport ASAP but if I give my correct marital status I cannot get the passport under Tatkaal!!

Can you guys suggest any workaround?? Is there a way that you enter marital status as 'Married' but not opt to add spouse name??

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi, is there any workaround for this? I am in urgent need of a passport and cannot wait for 4-6 weeks for normal processing. The problem is if I selected marital status as 'Married' then the Spouse name becomes a required field. My application was returned saying Spouse name cannot be added under Tatkaal application!! I just want my passport ASAP but if I give my correct marital status I cannot get the passport under Tatkaal!!

Can you guys suggest any workaround?? Is there a way that you enter marital status as 'Married' but not opt to add spouse name??
There's no 'workaround' per se. You'll have to apply in the normal category in that case. The only other option would be going back to India and apply in Tatkal mode (which is allowed in case of adding spouse name) over there, in which case you'll get your passport within 3 working days.

Reactions: MAKD

Guri1992

Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys.. @vimal3134 @Takita i was going through your comments. I have applied for passport in Brampton office by walkin on August 30 and my status changed to print initiated on this Friday. How long it takes for the passport to be printed and get delivered after the print has been initiated.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Hi guys.. @vimal3134 @Takita i was going through your comments. I have applied for passport in Brampton office by walkin on August 30 and my status changed to print initiated on this Friday. How long it takes for the passport to be printed and get delivered after the print has been initiated.
~2weeks to change status to "passport is printed"
~1week to deliver

Reactions: Guri1992

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Although this is a thread for BLS Toronto, i am giving some rough updates on my file so far which i had applied within the jurisdiction of HCI Ottawa:
26 August - Submitted application at BLS Montreal.
26 August - Status changed to 'In transit to High Commission' on BLS website.
26 August - Status changed to 'Passport application and fees has been received at Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
27 August - 'Processing at High Commission' on BLS website.
02 September - 'Passport Application under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
09 September - Old Passport's application status changed to 'Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office' on Passport Seva India website. (meaning old passport cancelled).
09 September - 'Passport print Initiated' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed'.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed and would be delivered shortly'
13 September - 'Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch'.
Hi @raynadukkandy, Did you receive your passport ?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Wow, for BLS Ottawa applicants looks like it takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive the passport once it is printed and dispatched from India.
Yes, it’s very strange. I think someone posted in this thread previously that the HCI itself says it takes 2 - 3 weeks for dispatch. I think they keep the passports for a few days quarantine i guess.