18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
BLS Brampton Postal appln

never heard of post police verification. does it mean Canada police verification after PP delivered?
Post police verification means that your passport application would be granted, printed without waiting for the police report, in such a case police verification might be done after your passport is printed. It is mentioned in detail in the FAQ section of the Passport Seva website of India
Canadian police authorities have no role to play in the passport spplication process, verification would be done by the police in the Indian address you mentioned in your application.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Although this is a thread for BLS Toronto, i am giving some rough updates on my file so far which i had applied within the jurisdiction of HCI Ottawa:
26 August - Submitted application at BLS Montreal.
26 August - Status changed to 'In transit to High Commission' on BLS website.
26 August - Status changed to 'Passport application and fees has been received at Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
27 August - 'Processing at High Commission' on BLS website.
02 September - 'Passport Application under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
09 September - Old Passport's application status changed to 'Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office' on Passport Seva India website. (meaning old passport cancelled).
09 September - 'Passport print Initiated' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed'.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed and would be delivered shortly'
13 September - 'Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch'.

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Although this is a thread for BLS Toronto, i am giving some rough updates on my file so far which i had applied within the jurisdiction of HCI Ottawa:
26 August - Status changed to 'Passport application and fees has been received at Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
02 September - 'Passport Application under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
09 September - Old Passport's application status changed to 'Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office' on Passport Seva India website. (meaning old passport cancelled).
13 September - 'Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch'.
Hi there, Thank you for sharing your timelines. Did you receive an email regarding initiation of police verification?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi there, Thank you for sharing your timelines. Did you receive an email regarding initiation of police verification?
No, not yet. Might receive it later.

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Hi Guys, My apologies for posting in the Toronto BLS thread. Anyone from this thread who applied for passport renewal at BLS Ottawa and received their passport already. Could you please share your timelines ?.

I have applied at BLS Ottawa on September 2nd 2021 and BLS Website says the application is "Processing at High Commission."
Passport seva website has the status as "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Takita

May 12, 2021
@raynadukkandy Did you get any new updates yet?

My status showing "Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly." since 9/16. No update thereafter. I need passport in hand by this weekend to attend Visa appointment next week.

Last edited:

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Where did you apply? Passports are printed in Toronto and Vancouver only. If you applied in Ottawa, passports are printed in India which then takes 1-2 weeks to forward it to High commission
It could be possible that you have post police verification, or even without any police verification
Hi @raynadukkandy, Thank you for the helpful posts. Do you know why the passports are printed in India if we applied in Ottawa. Could you please point me to the source stating the same.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Hello @raynadukkandy ,

When have you received the passport ?

Is the last step that you mentioned in timeline above, is applicable for BLS Toronto too ?

Thanks

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
@raynadukkandy Did you get any new updates yet?

My status showing "Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly." since 9/16. No update thereafter. I need passport in hand by this weekend to attend Visa appointment next week.
No, not yet.
If your passport printing has commenced, you should ideally receive by the end of this week (since the passports are printed in CGI Toronto itself if you applied within their jurisdiction).

Reactions: Takita

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi @raynadukkandy, Thank you for the helpful posts. Do you know why the passports are printed in India if we applied in Ottawa. Could you please point me to the source stating the same.
HCI Ottawa is primarily the HQ of India's diplomatic presence in Canada, and hence its primary responsibilities are to enhance Canada-India bilateral relations. Also, since their consular jurisdiction is not big enough and having low demand for consular services unlike other Indian diplomatic missions in Canada.
As mentioned below, passports issued within HCI Ottawa's jurisdiction are printed in India (MEA Patiala House in Delhi, if i'm not wrong).
Source: https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=99&nextid=66

Reactions: TrueIndian