+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yes, since June 28th :(
That's strange. Like I said, my status changed to "Print has been initiated for passport" on Jun 28. On Jun 30, it changed to "Passport has been printed." This is still the status on the passport Seva portal, however on BLS tracking it status has changed to "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre."

If there is no urgency for you to receive the passport, I suggest simply waiting... It should arrive this week. If you need to travel or need your passport for any other purpose sooner, I suggest you visit the consulate in person.

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
That's strange. Like I said, my status changed to "Print has been initiated for passport" on Jun 28. On Jun 30, it changed to "Passport has been printed." This is still the status on the passport Seva portal, however on BLS tracking it status has changed to "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre."

If there is no urgency for you to receive the passport, I suggest simply waiting... It should arrive this week. If you need to travel or need your passport for any other purpose sooner, I suggest you visit the consulate in person.
The status changed to "Passport has been printed". I hope to receive by the end of this week.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline so far (applying from Toronto):

- June 4 2021 - Purolator pick up of application
- June 7 2021 - Purolator delay due to "missed connection" lol
- June 8 2021 - Purolator delivery to BLS
- June 8 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "In process"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 18 2021 - CAT number generated and status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport Application is under Review at Indian Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 23 2021 - Police showed up at my mother's home for verification
- June 24 2021 - Received email saying Police Verification has started
- June 24 2021- Mother went to police station and submitted my documents; police still asked for address proof in India in my name which I do not have.
- June 25 2021 - Mother submitted an affidavit for my address.
- June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"
- June 30 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport has been printed"
- July 06 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "In transit from Consulate to BLS"
- July 06 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "Ready for Dispatch"

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline so far (applying from Toronto):

- June 4 2021 - Purolator pick up of application
- June 7 2021 - Purolator delay due to "missed connection" lol
- June 8 2021 - Purolator delivery to BLS
- June 8 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "In process"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 18 2021 - CAT number generated and status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport Application is under Review at Indian Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 23 2021 - Police showed up at my mother's home for verification
- June 24 2021 - Received email saying Police Verification has started
- June 24 2021- Mother went to police station and submitted my documents; police still asked for address proof in India in my name which I do not have.
- June 25 2021 - Mother submitted an affidavit for my address.
- June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"
- June 30 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport has been printed"
- July 06 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "In transit from Consulate to BLS"
- July 06 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "Ready for Dispatch"
I received my passport today via Purolator delivery. Strangely the delivery was in a "house locker" at my condo, not to the concierge or my locker. Perhaps Concierge was not at the desk when they arrived?

In any case, happy ending. The new passport is stapled to teh old one. Warning stamp mentioned by others about requirement to renounce passport is on the first page. Graphically, the passport is very different from my earlier one which was issued in Singapore in 2016, and not in a good way. Jarring colours, badly composed first and last pages...but doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

I am just so relieved I received my passport knowing how terrible BLS and CGI, Toronto is with their service. Hopefully this is will be the last time I will ever need them.

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Here's my timeline

June 17 2021 - Bls Brampton received application package.
June 18 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"
July 6 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport has been printed"
July 7 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "In transit from Consulate to BLS"
July 8 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "Ready for Dispatch"

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Here's my timeline

June 17 2021 - Bls Brampton received application package.
June 18 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"
July 6 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport has been printed"
July 7 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "In transit from Consulate to BLS"
July 8 2021 - Status on BLS Website is updated to "Ready for Dispatch"
passport seva url to check is this one ?

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Bh20

Dec 6, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for passport renewal. I just needs to add spouse name. Thats the only change in my passport. Can I apply under tatkal category?

Thanks.

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi,
I am applying for passport renewal. I just needs to add spouse name. Thats the only change in my passport. Can I apply under tatkal category?

Thanks.
No as you are adding spouse name, as per their checklist criteria its not eligible for "Tatkal". It was same with me Yesterday where I went to submit my renewal Passport where I submitted "Tatkal" but office denied and said as I am adding spouse name, I can't apply under Tatkal. If I want to apply under Tatkal and there shouldn't any changes to existing passport and I need to show as Single which is in reality not true as my original old passport at that time was Single but not now. So I would say submit online form under "Normal".

Reactions: MAKD

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi, anyone please help me. I am a PR and the pr card expired in May2021. It is under renewal now. Can I apply for the renewal of Indian passport without any trouble? Do I have to submit the AoR as well? thanks a lot.