Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline so far (applying from Toronto):

- June 4 2021 - Purolator pick up of application
- June 7 2021 - Purolator delay due to "missed connection" lol
- June 8 2021 - Purolator delivery to BLS
- June 8 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "In process"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 18 2021 - CAT number generated and status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport Application is under Review at Indian Embassy/ Consulate"

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
You’re probably fine now since it hasn’t been returned during the earlier steps
Yeah, that's what I was thinking today as well :)

I panicked yesterday when I saw the checklist on BLS website. It doesn't actually say it must be submitted, but there is a place at the end of the page for applicant's signature and date, which got me worried.

Sorry to hear about your application being returned. I totally agree, the instructions in bits and pieces everywhere, discrepancies and ambiguities abound, it is very difficult to figure out what they want. Honestly, I don't think they have decided themselves what they want...

Wish you the best!

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hello All,

I am applying for my minor son's passport renewal in Toronto. I am confused with the fees to be paid. Website says

1. $65 +$7.4 = $72.4

Is this all or do i need to submit a separate Bank draft for BLS processing fee. If yes, how much is that.?

Thanks in advance,
Abhi

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Hello All,

I am applying for my minor son's passport renewal in Toronto. I am confused with the fees to be paid. Website says

1. $65 +$7.4 = $72.4

Is this all or do i need to submit a separate Bank draft for BLS processing fee. If yes, how much is that.?

Thanks in advance,
Abhi
that is all. take a draft for 72.4.. no other fees required.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi everyone!
Just had some curious questions:
1. Did any of you have to give your biometrics (fingerprints) when you visited BLS?
2. Is the 'Place of Issue' field in the new passport mentioned as 'Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver' or is it 'Delhi'?

Would appreciate if someone can answer these questions
Thanks!

muzikk_007

Mar 13, 2019
Hello,
I have couple of questions regarding passport renewal. My passport expired recently and I’m filling out information to renew it. Couple of questions:-
1) in Toronto checklist, there is no mention of attaching photo in personal particulars form. Do we have to attach it ? If yes, what is the specification ?
2) i have taken 2 photos of specification 2 inch x2 inch(51mm x 51mm). 1 photo is attached to application form. What about other photo ? Do i have to send that as it is along with the application bundle.
Any help is highly appreciated.

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Hi guys,

I dont have Indian address proof.

Can I just give Canadian address & address proof ?
OR
Is Indian address mandatory in the form ?

Thanks

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello,
I have couple of questions regarding passport renewal. My passport expired recently and I’m filling out information to renew it. Couple of questions:-
1) in Toronto checklist, there is no mention of attaching photo in personal particulars form. Do we have to attach it ? If yes, what is the specification ?
2) i have taken 2 photos of specification 2 inch x2 inch(51mm x 51mm). 1 photo is attached to application form. What about other photo ? Do i have to send that as it is along with the application bundle.
Any help is highly appreciated.
1) You are required to submit two photos. One is to be pasted on the main application, the other on the Personal Particulars form. Specifications as follows: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/uploadFiles/1562699422_Photo_specs_ICAO_NIC (1).PDF

2) See answer 1

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi guys,

I dont have Indian address proof.

Can I just give Canadian address & address proof ?
OR
Is Indian address mandatory in the form ?

Thanks
Are you a Canadian PR? If so, you are eligible to have your Canadian address printed on your passport. Provide proof of this address.

It is mandatory to also provide an Indian address under “other Address.” If this address is the same as the old address printed on your passport, you do not need to provide any proof. If you are providing a new address, you can provide your parent’s address and their address proof should suffice. Not sure what can be done for those who parents are not in India.

Reactions: roy1947

muzikk_007

Mar 13, 2019

muzikk_007

Mar 13, 2019
Try this:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/passport-faqs/
Click where it says “refer to passport photo specifications here.”
Thanks. It was not specifically mentioned that applicant has to paste the other 51mm x 51mm photo in personal particulars form. Previously i think the request was to attach 35mm x 35mm photo in PP form (i saw some old pp forms from year 2018, 2019 etc). But thanks for this. I'll attach the other photo in PP form.