+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thanks. It was not specifically mentioned that applicant has to paste the other 51mm x 51mm photo in personal particulars form. Previously i think the request was to attach 35mm x 35mm photo in PP form (i saw some old pp forms from year 2018, 2019 etc). But thanks for this. I'll attach the other photo in PP form.
You need two 51mm x 51mm photos. One must be pasted on the application form and the other on the Personal Particulars form.

Yes, this is not mentioned anywhere (we all know the instructions on both BLS and CGI website are incomplete and rife with inconsistencies.)

I recommend to always double check everything by calling BLS (although they also give conflicting information, but make your best judgement). I received this instructions on where to paste the photos from calling BLS. (see my earlier posts on this thread.)

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Are you a Canadian PR? If so, you are eligible to have your Canadian address printed on your passport. Provide proof of this address.

It is mandatory to also provide an Indian address under “other Address.” If this address is the same as the old address printed on your passport, you do not need to provide any proof. If you are providing a new address, you can provide your parent’s address and their address proof should suffice. Not sure what can be done for those who parents are not in India.
Thanks much Wacky.

Yes I am PR, so I will put my Canadian address.

Do you know whether there will be police verification for the "other address" (I will put the same one as in the passport) ?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thanks much Wacky.

Yes I am PR, so I will put my Canadian address.

Do you know whether there will be police verification for the "other address" (I will put the same one as in the passport) ?
Most welcome!

Regarding your question - I don’t know the precise answer. What I have observed - should your other address be the same as your address in your current passport, in most cases there is no police verification and the passport is issued fairly quickly. However, there have been cases where police verification was done even though the address was the same. I have not been able to figure out on what basis they decide to do the police verification (maybe it is random?)

Note - If you decide to provide a new Indian address and the address proof is in parent’s name, suggest you write a cover letter explaining this. Ideally the name of the parent on the address proof should match the Parent’s name on your passport. In my case, my parent’s name in the passport was missing their last name, so I clarified that in my Cover letter too (that they are one and the same person). Recommend to also give your parent’s contact number for the police to contact and coordinate for verification.

Last edited:

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline so far (applying from Toronto):

- June 4 2021 - Purolator pick up of application
- June 7 2021 - Purolator delay due to "missed connection" lol
- June 8 2021 - Purolator delivery to BLS
- June 8 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "In process"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 18 2021 - CAT number generated and status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport Application is under Review at Indian Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 23 2021 - Police showed up at my mother's home for verification
- June 24 2021 - Received email saying Police Verification has started
- June 24 2021- Mother went to police station and submitted my documents; police still asked for address proof in India in my name which I do not have.
- June 25 2021 - Mother submitted an affidavit for my address.
- June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"

Last edited:

trajectory@3

Jun 29, 2021
It took 3 months for me using the postal option. Providing the dates below:

31-Mar-21Application picked up by Purolator
1-Apr-21Purolator.com status: "Package delivered" to purolator
9-Apr-21BLS Status: "In process"
16-Apr-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
24-Apr-21Email received on "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for Passport Application File issued to India"
5-May-21Family member goes to the police station to inquire
18-May-21Police verification sent by local police station
22-Jun-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport has been printed"
24-Jun-21BLS Status: "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Center"
25-Jun-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport printed and will be delivered shortly"
25-Jun-21BLS Status: "Ready for Dispatch"
26-Jun-21BLS Status: "Dispatched via Courier" - with Purolator airway bill number
28-Jun-21Purolator.com status: Shipping label created, picked up by Purolator
29-Jun-21Passport delivered

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019

16-Apr-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
24-Apr-21Email received on "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for Passport Application File issued to India"
25-Jun-21PassportIndia.gov.in Status: "Passport printed and will be delivered shortly"
26-Jun-21BLS Status: "Dispatched via Courier" - with Purolator airway bill number
Hi!
Thanks for updating your status!
Just had a question, Is the 'Place of Issue' field in the new passport which you received mentioned as 'Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver' or is it 'Delhi' or other place in India?
I need to apply for a visa for a country, and its application process would differ as per the place where the passport is issued

trajectory@3

Jun 29, 2021
Hi!
Thanks for updating your status!
Just had a question, Is the 'Place of Issue' field in the new passport which you received mentioned as 'Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver' or is it 'Delhi' or other place in India?
I need to apply for a visa for a country, and its application process would differ as per the place where the passport is issued
If you applied while being in Canada, place of Issue would be Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver (based on where you submitted the application). If you applied to a passport office in India, the location of the passport office would be printed.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
If you applied while being in Canada, place of Issue would be Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver (based on where you submitted the application). If you applied to a passport office in India, the location of the passport office would be printed.
Thanks!

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

Woah! That's quite a ride. Happy Ending though and that's what matters...

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline so far (applying from Toronto):

- June 4 2021 - Purolator pick up of application
- June 7 2021 - Purolator delay due to "missed connection" lol
- June 8 2021 - Purolator delivery to BLS
- June 8 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "In process"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on BLS shows "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"
- June 9 2021 - Tracking on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport and Application Fee has been received. The same is under processing at Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 18 2021 - CAT number generated and status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport Application is under Review at Indian Embassy/ Consulate"
- June 23 2021 - Police showed up at my mother's home for verification
- June 24 2021 - Received email saying Police Verification has started
- June 24 2021- Mother went to police station and submitted my documents; police still asked for address proof in India in my name which I do not have.
- June 25 2021 - Mother submitted an affidavit for my address.
- June 28 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Print has been initiated for passport"
- June 30 2021 - Status on Passport Seva updated to - "Passport has been printed"

Reactions: Celestial_Body

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

can someone please help ?

do we have to send our original passport along the renewal application?

what else original documents are required to be sent ?

thanks
Silvi

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi All,

can someone please help ?

do we have to send our original passport along the renewal application?

what else original documents are required to be sent ?

thanks
Silvi
Yes, you need to send your original passport, along with photocopy of the old passport (bio page and all stamped pages).

No other original document is required, but copies (self attested) of many other documents are to be submitted (as you probably know)

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Hey guys!
My application is stuck at "Print has been initiated for passport." from past 1 week. Anybody know what's going on?