+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
Plan your renewal without relying on the consulate and BLS to help you out. BLS may end up telling you that buy our pick up and drop services and to prioritize your application and the consulate will not even respond to your concern in any capacity. Hate it

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plan your renewal without relying on the consulate and BLS to help you out. BLS may end up telling you that buy our pick up and drop services and to prioritize your application and the consulate will not even respond to your concern in any capacity. Hate it
Agree. Someone started this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/remove-bls-international-from-canada-as-exclusive-visa-processor-for-travel-to-india?recruiter=154263015&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=c7d71720-3f3b-11e4-a2d1-6d9e8776834e&utm_content=fht-32741443-en-ca:6

ssnvenkatadit

Mar 30, 2022
Friends,

My daughter's application is stuck for more than 2 months.
Here is the timeline
2022/01/17 - Documents received by BLS
2022/01/21 - Application Date per BLS status
2022/02/05 - Processing at Consulate
Waiting

Here is what the status shows in Inspect mode from the Consulate website
  1. {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2022-02-04T00:00:00","STATUS_DESC":"Granting Initiated",,…}
  2. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", ..}

No response for the query from Sampark as well. Anyways to follow up?
Hi, Please let me know how you checked the EVENT_DESC: in the inspect mode. For me it just shows the html in console when I click on Developer Tools option in the browser.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I am kind of in the same boat. Both my Daughter's and my passport renewal application was submitted on the 17 Feb directly at BLS Brampton. The last communication i received that PV was initiated for my daughter on 16 Mar and 22 Mar for myself. Been checking the status everyday on multiple occasions, but its been stuck on PV initiated status since. I have sent emails to the SP Office in Santa Cruz (W) Mumbai, as well as CGI Toronto asking for an update, but no response whatsoever. The issue is i have no relatives back in India who would be able to follow-up with the SP Office for me. I find it extremely frustrating that the consulate decides that a PV process is required, but do nothing in terms of follow-up for the applicant. I am still within the 8 weeks periods BLS stated, however i feel this may go beyond that timeline.

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
I am kind of in the same boat. Both my Daughter's and my passport renewal application was submitted on the 17 Feb directly at BLS Brampton. The last communication i received that PV was initiated for my daughter on 16 Mar and 22 Mar for myself. Been checking the status everyday on multiple occasions, but its been stuck on PV initiated status since. I have sent emails to the SP Office in Santa Cruz (W) Mumbai, as well as CGI Toronto asking for an update, but no response whatsoever. The issue is i have no relatives back in India who would be able to follow-up with the SP Office for me. I find it extremely frustrating that the consulate decides that a PV process is required, but do nothing in terms of follow-up for the applicant. I am still within the 8 weeks periods BLS stated, however i feel this may go beyond that timeline.
My PV was initiated on Mar 17 and my submission date was Feb 3. My family in India have checked with the local mumbai police station every day since the PV was initiated, and the police say they have no records. Even the SP office says they have no record of it. When I asked the consulate, they said the police has the file and the hold up is on their part. I have to travel on April 16 and I am not sure what is going to happen. So tired and fed up of these people. I am now approaching 9 weeks on my application.

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone, since my status was little weird if I compare for everyone else. just letting know everyone what i did further :

as status shows they stopped the processing. So my brother contacted local police station . they said my PV request didnt reach in local police station.
then he went to SP office who take care about PP related stuff. He has been told that since local police station info was missing hence it returned back.

Now I contacted BLS and CGI toronto and told them i want to withdraw my application due to missing info in application . got reply said , yes PV got stopped due to missing info .

surprise, surprise : my PP print has been initiated .
Where is the SP office? Is there any contact info?

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
My PV was initiated on Mar 17 and my submission date was Feb 3. My family in India have checked with the local mumbai police station every day since the PV was initiated, and the police say they have no records. Even the SP office says they have no record of it. When I asked the consulate, they said the police has the file and the hold up is on their part. I have to travel on April 16 and I am not sure what is going to happen. So tired and fed up of these people. I am now approaching 9 weeks on my application.
dont go to thana (i mean your local police station) , generally they dont have any clue . Go to your city's SP office and ask who handles PV requests they might redirect to other their office .

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THE KASHMIR FILES

Passport application (in person) 6th Jan
PV Initiated 26th Jan
PV cleared 29th Mar (after multiple follow-ups)
Print Initiated 29th Mar

Still waiting. Beat that. Things that movies don't tell you ;)

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
Hey thank you for the details. Just curious why was your passport printed in Delhi and not Ottawa?

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I wasn't aware that they can skip pv. I got the update of print initiated for my application today.
That's good news. What were your timelines?

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
THE KASHMIR FILES

Passport application (in person) 6th Jan
PV Initiated 26th Jan
PV cleared 29th Mar (after multiple follow-ups)
Print Initiated 29th Mar

Still waiting. Beat that. Things that movies don't tell you ;)
Was there an actual PV done at the address you provided?