+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Your best bet is Tatkal.. In any case, you send your passport on the day of application submission to BLS. Once you submit the original, you won't get it back until completion. Normal processing can go up to 2 months which leaves you with no passport in your hand
Yeah thats what I am inclining towards too. Thanks for your response

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Hi,

Can you please share a complete list of documents we need to send (postal) for renewal? I am specially confused regarding what originals they need. Thanks.
They only need passport that is original. Remaining all are self attested copies and it varies from person to person .
Please check BLS canada checklist document .

For my application , My marital status and address changed from current passport.

So I included
Passport application form with photo -Signed
BLS Checklist-Signed (you will get this from BLS site)
Original passport
Passport copy- self attested
COPR- If you are permanent resident-(Copy-Self attested)
PR card copy-self attested
Drivers license- Canadian address(Copy-self attested)
Personal particulars form - Signed with photo
Annexure E-Signed
Also included aadhar for Indian address (may not be needed)
Marriage certificate(copy-self attested)

Reactions: 116sg17

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
They only need passport that is original. Remaining all are self attested copies and it varies from person to person .
Please check BLS canada checklist document .

For my application , My marital status and address changed from current passport.

So I included
Passport application form with photo -Signed
BLS Checklist-Signed (you will get this from BLS site)
Original passport
Passport copy- self attested
COPR- If you are permanent resident-(Copy-Self attested)
PR card copy-self attested
Drivers license- Canadian address(Copy-self attested)
Personal particulars form - Signed with photo
Annexure E-Signed
Also included aadhar for Indian address (may not be needed)
Marriage certificate(copy-self attested)
Thanks a lot. I think you cannot go for Tatkaal option if applying by post?

anonymoususer25

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Hello, I sent my documents on Feb 22, 2022 and doc's were delivered on Feb 24th but on BLS tracking application date shows March 1st. However, I still didn't get my cat number. It's almost a month. Anyone else in this situation. What should I do? How do I contact them?
BLS status- processing at consulate
Portal 3 passport status- passport application with fee has been received and currently processing at embassy.
No update after that. I tried inspect element but no update yet other than shown above.

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hi , my renew passport request goes no where looks like , PV request didnt reach to SP office it self (as it didnt show in inspect mode anywhere) , and showing like following in inspect mode . does anyone has any idea about this kind of status:
statusIdMap: [{,…},…]
0: {,…}
EMP_ACTION: "Stop Application Processing"
EVENT_DESC: "Stop (ID: ****, Type: PVR is submitted as Adverse by Police Approver ) imposed on further processing of the application"
STATUS_DESC: "Stop Further Processing"
STATUS_ID_FK: 1120
1: {EVENT_DESC: "PVR for *****-PPF-PA is Approved and Submitted as Adverse by Police",…}
EMP_ACTION: " Approved and Submitted as Adverse by Police"
EVENT_DESC: "PVR for ****-PPF-PA is Approved and Submitted as Adverse by Police"
STATUS_DESC: "Submitted"
STATUS_ID_FK: 107
Hello everyone, since my status was little weird if I compare for everyone else. just letting know everyone what i did further :

as status shows they stopped the processing. So my brother contacted local police station . they said my PV request didnt reach in local police station.
then he went to SP office who take care about PP related stuff. He has been told that since local police station info was missing hence it returned back.

Now I contacted BLS and CGI toronto and told them i want to withdraw my application due to missing info in application . got reply said , yes PV got stopped due to missing info .

surprise, surprise : my PP print has been initiated .

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Hello everyone, since my status was little weird if I compare for everyone else. just letting know everyone what i did further :

as status shows they stopped the processing. So my brother contacted local police station . they said my PV request didnt reach in local police station.
then he went to SP office who take care about PP related stuff. He has been told that since local police station info was missing hence it returned back.

Now I contacted BLS and CGI toronto and told them i want to withdraw my application due to missing info in application . got reply said , yes PV got stopped due to missing info .

surprise, surprise : my PP print has been initiated .
Awesome . Yes I have seen some posts like this. printing and PV verification happens at same time .

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Here is updated timeline for regular passport renewal for a PR
I submitted my normal passport renewal application (normal booklet not jumbo) and below are the timelines .
My situation : Marital status changed from single to married so had to add spouse name and address change to Canadian address and a PR.

1) Feb 8- Application and other documents picked up by Purolator
2) Feb 9- Application received by BLS
3) Feb 14- Reached CGI
4) Feb 15- Status changed in blscanada website -application in process by Consulate
5)Feb 18- Status update in passport portal - Application received with fee and its in progress
6) March 4- Passport india portal-Application submitted and under review by consulate/Embassy and CAT number is assigned.
Developer tools: Inspect mode said "Grant Initiated"
7)March 16-Passport print initiated- Inspect Mode: Application Granted on No verification basis
8)March 21-Passport Printed
9) March 22- BLS status changed to Dispatched via Purolator with tracking number
10)March 23- Received passport(I paid for Purolator drop off and pickup service)

Still waiting for update and I have to travel to India in two weeks and worried with current timelines .

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
you probably need to explain to IRCC that your passport is gone for renewal. I was hoping to get the same request for all pages of PP by IRCC as my Citizenship app is running parallel to this. Already made the copies in advance so as to avoid being in the same situation.
thank you the reply. How should inform them? i also have photocopies of the stamps and important pages but how will that help?

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Friends,

My daughter's application is stuck for more than 2 months.
Here is the timeline
2022/01/17 - Documents received by BLS
2022/01/21 - Application Date per BLS status
2022/02/05 - Processing at Consulate
Waiting

Here is what the status shows in Inspect mode from the Consulate website
  1. {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2022-02-04T00:00:00","STATUS_DESC":"Granting Initiated",,…}
  2. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", ..}

No response for the query from Sampark as well. Anyways to follow up?

Reactions: justhereandthere

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
thank you the reply. How should inform them? i also have photocopies of the stamps and important pages but how will that help?
if you already have the color copies of your passport with you ( including blank pages and stamps + translation of stamps which is not in english or french ) , they would have mentioned an address where you have to email it.

Edit : Important pages ? like Bio pages you mean ?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
if you already have the color copies of your passport with you ( including blank pages and stamps + translation of stamps which is not in english or french ) , they would have mentioned an address where you have to email it.

Edit : Important pages ? like Bio pages you mean ?
oh i just meant the front back and visa stamps..nothing else.