+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

jsr_1234

Mar 24, 2022
Hello, I sent my documents on Feb 22, 2022 and doc's were delivered on Feb 24th but on BLS tracking application date shows March 1st. However, I still didn't get my cat number. It's almost a month. Anyone else in this situation. What should I do? How do I contact them?
BLS status- processing at consulate
Portal 3 passport status- passport application with fee has been received and currently processing at embassy.
No update after that. I tried inspect element but no update yet other than shown above.
I am in a similar situation, sent documents to BLS via purolator on 24th Feb and BLS forward my application to consulate general on March 2. Since then there is no change in status, PCC is yet to be initiated. This week sent 2 emails to CGI on my case but did not get any response from them.
if you get to know more information please let me know.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
I am in a similar situation, sent documents to BLS via purolator on 24th Feb and BLS forward my application to consulate general on March 2. Since then there is no change in status, PCC is yet to be initiated. This week sent 2 emails to CGI on my case but did not get any response from them.
if you get to know more information please let me know.
How did you send the email to CGI? Is there an email address?

jsr_1234

Mar 24, 2022
Friends,

My daughter's application is stuck for more than 2 months.
Here is the timeline
2022/01/17 - Documents received by BLS
2022/01/21 - Application Date per BLS status
2022/02/05 - Processing at Consulate
Waiting

Here is what the status shows in Inspect mode from the Consulate website
  1. {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2022-02-04T00:00:00","STATUS_DESC":"Granting Initiated",,…}
  2. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", ..}

No response for the query from Sampark as well. Anyways to follow up?
I opened the page in inspect mode but could not find values EVENT_DESC, etc. Can you guide where to find that info ?

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi, I am going to submit my passport renewal application at BLS Toronto. As a PR, I can give my Canada address to be printed on the passport right? ( and provide address proof) We are still required to give an India address. Will there be police verification at that address? I dont have any address proof with the indian address. I used to live in a rental place in Bangalore, and my aadhar card has that address. I wanted to give my parents address. but there is no document with my name in that address. can someone please help with how this works? thank you

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I just checked and there's a file number associated with application number on the Passport Seva Website, generally how long does it take for everything to complete after this.

2022-02-24​
Envelope Picked from Home by Purolator
2022-02-25​
Delivered to BLS Brampton
2022-02-28​
In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
2022-03-02​
Processing at Consulate general ( BLS Website )
2022-03-03​
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-24​
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website ) : File number generated

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
I opened the page in inspect mode but could not find values EVENT_DESC, etc. Can you guide where to find that info ?
You would need to select "Network" under Developer tools and when you click "Track Application Status", you should see a network call like "https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/secure/trackStatusForFilledApplication?timestamp=1648225064534" and the response for that call will contain the entire status

Alternatively, once you are logged in, if you click the above link (as long as your browser has the session already established), you should see the response in the browser. (you might need to update the timestamp)

jsr_1234

Mar 24, 2022
How did you send the email to CGI? Is there an email address?
i picked few of them from forums. W
My passport didn't go for police verification. But my passport moved from "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" to next step which is printing in 2 weeks.
Rajnut - Did you get your passport ?

My timeline for Normal PP renewal -
23 Feb 2022: Applied: (BLS Brampton)
24 Feb 2022: Purulator Pick up
26 Feb 2022 - BLS confirmed receipt of application over email
02 Mar 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
03 Mar 2022 - Fees received status Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status
25 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status, File# is also added

PCC did not happen, it should have gone to Bhubaneswar, Odisha but it did not go all these weeks. Emailed CGI several times on triggering PCC but they never entertained my requests. Today the status changed to passport under review with a file# added. Looks like there is a broken system which is impacting some applicants.

Surprisingly, I did my PCC in anticipation of PR in January of this year and the PCC went through without these hurdles. Not sure when if they will resend my application for PCC again and when I will receive the Passport.

If anyone has any insights, appreciate if they can share their thoughts.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted renewal for my kid (minor) on 31st March by walkin appointment at Brampton BLS, In two days its status changed to "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate." but is same even today. Not sure if police verification will be issued for minor passport renewal, I changed the address to Canada and previous passport has Indian address. Any suggestions if the timeline is normal and what to expect next ?
For minor's application whether minor is expected to sign on all the forms & self-attestation OR is it to be done by both (or single) parent?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could share some insight. My passport expired couple of months ago. I have a citizenship application in progress which started in Oct end 2021. Now I am looking to renew my passport, since bls takes the original for renewal, should I apply for renewal under tatkal for faster processing or is it not worth 3x price. The only reason I am thinking tatkal is because just in case I get called for test/interview I will need the original.
Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks
As a PR can we apply for passport renewal as address will be changed on passport? I am exploring options for my minor kid.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes address on passport can be changed to Canadian address if you are a PR. You need to provide proof of address.
Sorry, I meant to ask about tatkal passport. So correct question is:

As a PR can we apply for "TATKAL" passport renewal as address will be changed on passport? I am exploring options for my minor kid.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Friends,

My daughter's application is stuck for more than 2 months.
Here is the timeline
2022/01/17 - Documents received by BLS
2022/01/21 - Application Date per BLS status
2022/02/05 - Processing at Consulate
Waiting

Here is what the status shows in Inspect mode from the Consulate website
  1. {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2022-02-04T00:00:00","STATUS_DESC":"Granting Initiated",,…}
  2. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", ..}

No response for the query from Sampark as well. Anyways to follow up?

I finally received a response from CGI on the Sampark.

Reply by CGI

:
the details of old passport are missing on our system and a request has been raised with New Delhi. We hope for a resolution in the coming weeks
Reply Date: 2022-03-27​

I am applying for her 2nd renewal. Does anyone had seen this issue before?

mas1705

Mar 23, 2018
Hi all
My passport expires in March 2023 so I am planning to renew it in Canada.
- My Pr file is still in processing - FSW Inland and AOR - March 2020
- Bridging work permit expires in August 2022
- got married to a Canadian Citizen in Dec 2021
If I add my spouse name to the passport, then I cannot apply for Tatkal processing in Canada. Is it mandatory to add his name?
Please advise.
Thanks in advance!

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I just checked and there's a file number associated with application number on the Passport Seva Website, generally how long does it take for everything to complete after this.

2022-02-24​
Envelope Picked from Home by Purolator
2022-02-25​
Delivered to BLS Brampton
2022-02-28​
In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
2022-03-02​
Processing at Consulate general ( BLS Website )
2022-03-03​
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-24​
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website ) : File number generated
new update

2022-03-29​
Print has been initiated for passport.( Passport Seva Website )