gbhopesh

Jul 24, 2015
Timeline for my passport sent from Halifax,NS to BLS Brampton,ON

January 6, 2020 – Documents sent through Purolator pickup

January 7, 2020 – Delivered to BLS Brampton

January 8, 2020 – BLS requested missing document

January 8, 2020 – Document emailed to BLS

January 10, 2020 – Processing at Consulate General

January 21, 2020 – Status changed to In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

January 22, 2020 – Item ready to dispatch

January 22, 2020 – Item dispatched (with tracking number)

Expected delivery 23 January, 2020
Hi Gagan, can you please guide me on my query?

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
I have mailed my passport renewal application to BLS Brampton and it reached them on May 21. It’s been almost four weeks and it still says “No Records Found” when I track the status online. Is this normal? Are anyone in the same boat? No matter how many times I reached them over phone, I keep getting the answers that the status would soon be updated. My only worry is that I have sent in my original old passport and do not want to hear that they don’t have my application package with them.

Reactions: KaushalN

badshah101

Jun 22, 2020
Hi,
I am planning to apply for the passport renewal and have few questions as this is the first time I am renewing from Canada:
- Do I need to send original PR Card along with the photocopy of PR Card?
- BLS Checklist says one photograph (2"x2") is that one additional over and above the one I pasted on the printed online submitted application?
- Does any one have submitted the application to BLS Brampton via Purolator due to lockdown? and what would be the processing time?

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi,
I am planning to apply for the passport renewal and have few questions as this is the first time I am renewing from Canada:
- Do I need to send original PR Card along with the photocopy of PR Card?
- BLS Checklist says one photograph (2"x2") is that one additional over and above the one I pasted on the printed online submitted application?
- Does any one have submitted the application to BLS Brampton via Purolator due to lockdown? and what would be the processing time?
No need to send your original PR card if you are applying in Toronto jurisdiction (https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/reissue-passport/). Yes, one photo sticked to the application and one additional. Yes, I did send it to Brampton BLS via Purolator and the processing time is 2 months due to COVID but see my experience above in this thread. My application reached them on May 21 but was not in their system until June 18. So cannot guess the timeline with Pandemic upsetting everything.

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
I have mailed my passport renewal application to BLS Brampton and it reached them on May 21. It’s been almost four weeks and it still says “No Records Found” when I track the status online. Is this normal? Are anyone in the same boat? No matter how many times I reached them over the phone, I keep getting the answers that the status would soon be updated. My only worry is that I have sent in my original old passport and do not want to hear that they don’t have my application package with them.
Hi,

I sent the Passport renewal package to BLS International Service via Purolator on 5th June and it is received by Receptionist (Agim) at Toronto Office on the 8th June by Morning. Since 8th June 2020, status is NO RECORD FOUND in my case too. But assure they got it.

My suggestion is to open Purolator tracker details. Moreover, just call BLS contact number, they ask you about Passport no and give you details about the received package. If you get any update about the status change please lmk.

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
No need to send your original PR card if you are applying in Toronto jurisdiction (https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/reissue-passport/). Yes, one photo sticked to the application and one additional. Yes, I did send it to Brampton BLS via Purolator and the processing time is 2 months due to COVID but see my experience above in this thread. My application reached them on May 21 but was not in their system until June 18. So cannot guess the timeline with Pandemic upsetting everything.

Hi,

Adding to your concern, There are many document checklist available for passport renewal. But the latest version is 10.6 and I affix one photograph on the application form only. Then I talked to the customer representative, He said that need just one photograph. If you have doubts at any question just call them.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi,

I sent the Passport renewal package to BLS International Service via Purolator on 5th June and it is received by Receptionist (Agim) at Toronto Office on the 8th June by Morning. Since 8th June 2020, status is NO RECORD FOUND in my case too. But assure they got it.

My suggestion is to open Purolator tracker details. Moreover, just call BLS contact number, they ask you about Passport no and give you details about the received package. If you get any update about the status change please lmk.
After continuous followups, I was able to get BLS to update the status of my application. Finally, it was reflected in their system on June 18 and even though the application reached them on May 21, for some unknown reason the application date says June 18. Nevertheless, I am happy that at least they have my application and have started processing it now.

Reactions: KaushalN

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
After continuous followups, I was able to get BLS to update the status of my application. Finally, it was reflected in their system on June 18 and even though the application reached them on May 21, for some unknown reason the application date says June 18. Nevertheless, I am happy that at least they have my application and have started processing it now.
So they took almost a month to put the application in the system. I guess they are putting the package for at least 12 days quarantine. thanks for updating me, I also got an idea about my file.

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi,

Adding to your concern, There are many document checklist available for passport renewal. But the latest version is 10.6 and I affix one photograph on the application form only. Then I talked to the customer representative, He said that need just one photograph. If you have doubts at any question just call them.
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto-passport-re-issue-checklist-rev-10.7-nov-20-2019.pdf (this is updated checklist so need 1 photograph)

LeoPolakk

Jun 30, 2020
Hi. Does anyone know how to book a postal application for passport renewal? I completed the application online, printed it and have readied all the necessary documents' copies. Now I need to send it via Purolator. In BLS's website, they say to book a postal application by calling a number for pick-up, but for some reason, I can't connect to it. Can I just send it to them via Purolator without calling it in?

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi. Does anyone know how to book a postal application for passport renewal? I completed the application online, printed it and have readied all the necessary documents' copies. Now I need to send it via Purolator. In BLS's website, they say to book a postal application by calling a number for pick-up, but for some reason, I can't connect to it. Can I just send it to them via Purolator without calling it in?
Hi,

keep try calling‭(416) 307-2237‬ On this no if you are sending application to Toronto. Talk to them and they will ask to do transaction on the links send via email at the same time. After that they would send you shipping liable just use those that On your Package to sent.

Reactions: LeoPolakk

LeoPolakk

Jun 30, 2020
Hi,

keep try calling‭(416) 307-2237‬ On this no if you are sending application to Toronto. Talk to them and they will ask to do transaction on the links send via email at the same time. After that they would send you shipping liable just use those that On your Package to sent.
I see. I will keep trying to contact them on phone, then. Thanks

hicks94

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,

I had a few queries about the Tatkal service, I'm about to renew my passport now and I need it urgently, and was wondering if I have to send it to BLS Brampton? The website says so here - https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/emergency-passport/ '

I had a few questions:

1. Am I supposed to send a bank draft of the money to the Consulate General of Toronto, and was wondering if anyone knew if the Consulate is doing walk-ins? As thats supposed to be much faster, as the website says COVID is causing tatkal processing time to be 2-3 weeks

2. If no walk-ins allowed and I have to send it to BLS Brampton, can I use any courier to send my passport to them or specifically Purolator? I've been calling the BLS helpline for days and not getting through.. Please help!!

LeoPolakk

Jun 30, 2020
Hi, again.
I had a simple question about the fees to include in the envelope. I understand that it must be either certified cheques or bank drafts, but I am unsure about the amounts. One of the certified cheques should be $103.00 (passport fee + consular surcharge) and the other $7.40 (BLS processing fee).

I don't need to add the return courier charges since I paid for the drop-off with Purolator, correct?
Are there any other charges that I have not specified?

Last edited:

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Does anyone have an idea about how much time it will take to process the application at the Consulate general office? Right now its shows the status as processing at the consulate office.

Please reply if have any clue about it.