+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Feb 6, 2018
Yes website is quite accurate in info
Sorry for asking this, i will be planning for 2 months timeline and agree that i have to consider this based on their website, however lot of people of posted that they go it 2 weeks or so, so it can take 2 months as well as lesser than that also. Not that all the applications will take 2 months.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Sorry for asking this, i will be planning for 2 months timeline and agree that i have to consider this based on their website, however lot of people of posted that they go it 2 weeks or so, so it can take 2 months as well as lesser than that also. Not that all the applications will take 2 months.
Yes, individual times may vary, check with bls staff, they might have a more accurate estimate based on processing load

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
Hi All - my experience at BLS Toronto St Lawrence:

I am an Indian with Canada PR, stay in Toronto, and my passport expires in March 2020. I did a physical submission of my photocopies without any appointment; on a Saturday. It gets crowded on a Saturday but there is a token system so you can wait patiently and ensure that you enter the office and get your token before 2pm - they lock the door after that. I also added my wife's name to my new passport and for that I took the original and photocopy of marriage certificate and her passport. BLS office takes photocopies if you do not have them with you and also takes your passport specific photograph AND there are lots of shops around BLS office to get things done. BLS does not keep any originals apart from old passport.

TIMELINE:
09 Nov 2019
(Saturday) - Passport submission at BLS
  • - 1:00pm - Visited BLS, took Token number and waited for 2 hours approx. Staff is friendly, curt and informative.
  • - 1:30pm - Got my photographs taken for the application after taking the token - the photo studio is in the same building as the BLS office. I have heard that BLS takes photos themselves (SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS please)
  • - 3:00pm - When my token number was called, the BLS employee verified all my photocopies against the originals, took the payment (Cash or Debit card only) and DONE!
  • Submitted photocopies of Passport application form (downloaded from Indian passport seva site and filled up), Annexure E form, BLS checklist (downloaded online from their site), old Passport (front and back), PR card (legal status in Canada), COPR (landing paper), Marriage certificate (was adding wife's name on my passport), wife's passport (front and back), House lease agreement (Canada address proof).
  • - 3:30pm - Indian restaurant "Pariwar" near BLS office ;)
18 Nov 2019 - Status on the BLS website (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php) says "Processing at Consulate General"

Hope I get my new passport soon.
Hi Mayukh.. did you get your new passport?

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
My timeline at BLS centre Edmonton-

19 Dec 2019- Applied at the centre (took hardly 5 min to apply as I went early morning and was the first one to enter..
done my photo also at the centre, as i didnt take mine.. bls centre have this service and they charge you $15

20 Dec 2019- Processing at Consulate

23 Dec 2019- In transit from consulate to bls centre
(Due to christmas and other holidays, mail containing passport took one week to reach bls centre Edmonton from vancouver)

31 Dec 2019- Dispached via courier purolator
(would have received on the next day, but due to new year holiday it again delayed for one more day)

2 January 2019- Received passport at my place

Overall, the process was really fast and simple. I was not expecting such a quick timeline from Indian authorities. Process took 2 weeks for me because of holidays, I am sure most of us get in less than 2 weeks as well.
I believe only if there are some discrepancies and documents missing the process will take longer than this.

If anyone wants to know more.. reply to this thread and I will always be there to answer..

Happy new year to everyone reading this

bhuvibala3

Jan 5, 2020
Hi Friends,
Last saturday, i went for passport renewal and I would like to share few things about my "Passport renewal documents to be carried BLS office"
Step 1:
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
Register using as Embassy as Canada-Toronto
If already registered, login and complete the form exact as per the current password. Web file number will be received on completion, we need to print the pdf file.
fyi: I came with open work permit, gave my printable address as Canadian address.
Step 2
Go through the check list for the other docs .
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto-passport-re-issue-checklist-rev-10.7-nov-20-2019.pdf
SIX important documents i carried to BLS,
1)Online completion form as registered in the portal (step:1) , should match the same details as in old passport (fathers name,mothers name- pls don give their sur names if ur passport don have)
2) Annexure E ( in step 2)
3) My passport original and photo copy of first and last page(submit)
4)ID proof as Photo ID proof Ontario and photo copy(submit))
5)Work Permit and photo copy of work permit (submit)
6) Passport size photo latest with 2 inch.
Hope this helps.

neerajthomas

Mar 22, 2014
For passport renewal at BLS Canada Brampton, what proof of residences are accepted? The application checklist says Driver’s License or Ontario Government issued photo ID card or Utility Bill. Since I am new to Canada on study permit I dont have any of these. Would house lease agreement or bank statement work?

Hello,
I just renewed my passport at BLS Brampton and it took 16 days for processing. I sent application via postal service offered by BLS. Old passport was issued from India.

Application received at BLS:
26th June 2018
Status changed to ‘processing at CGI’ same day.
Status changed to ‘Ready for Dispatch’ : 11 July 2018
Received passport (with returned old passport and PR card) : 12 July 2018

Hope this helps someone who is feeling impatient like I did during processing.
Hi!

Did you have to send originals of any supporting docs when you applied via postal? (or photocopies only?)

Thanks!

bainsgagan13

Jul 11, 2018
Timeline for my passport sent from Halifax,NS to BLS Brampton,ON

January 6, 2020 – Documents sent through Purolator pickup

January 7, 2020 – Delivered to BLS Brampton

January 8, 2020 – BLS requested missing document

January 8, 2020 – Document emailed to BLS

January 10, 2020 – Processing at Consulate General

January 21, 2020 – Status changed to In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

January 22, 2020 – Item ready to dispatch

January 22, 2020 – Item dispatched (with tracking number)

Expected delivery 23 January, 2020

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi all
I really need your urgent help. I am Canada pr currently in India and flying to Canada on Feb 1. My passport is expiring on 23 March and I need to again fly back to India in April first week. So I m left with option of renewing my passport in Canada as soon as I land there. But as address proof, I just have Canada PR card. No driver license, no Ontario photo card, no utility bill, no bank statement(although I have bank account but transactions not done) Is there a way out for me to get it done in Canada ? Please please please help. Thanks.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
For passport renewal at BLS Canada Brampton, what proof of residences are accepted? The application checklist says Driver’s License or Ontario Government issued photo ID card or Utility Bill. Since I am new to Canada on study permit I dont have any of these. Would house lease agreement or bank statement work?
Hi did u get to know any way out ??

Feb 17, 2020
Hi All, I am.on work permit here and would like to get my passport extended from Toronto BLS.
In the required documents list, it's required to provide valid visa for 3 months or more, however I'm 3 days short for this eligibility. Is there any possibility for exceptions ?

pnsujith

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,

I have applied for my renewal on 29th Jan from Montreal to HCI Ottawa, but still in BLS the status says processing at hci even after 3 weeks. Anyone can help with ottawa timeline.
Also, in embassy where we fill the online form a file number is generated. Does it mean its processed or its just an acknowledgement.
Thanks.