Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
After continuous followups, I was able to get BLS to update the status of my application. Finally, it was reflected in their system on June 18 and even though the application reached them on May 21, for some unknown reason the application date says June 18. Nevertheless, I am happy that at least they have my application and have started processing it now.
hi,

just a concern about passport renewal application, In my account it is now showing file No. Is there any other update in your application related to this? please let me know.

thanks,

Mar 18, 2018
I sent my passport for renewal in first week of June. Today, I got an email for Police Verification and have been asked to contact the police office if the verification is not done in 3 weeks.

Is it normal? I have not read about this in the forum. How am I supposed to contact Police Office from here.

Thanks in advance for your reply and suggestions!

Reactions: KaushalN

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
I sent my passport for renewal in first week of June. Today, I got an email for Police Verification and have been asked to contact the police office if the verification is not done in 3 weeks.

Is it normal? I have not read about this in the forum. How am I supposed to contact Police Office from here.

Thanks in advance for your reply and suggestions!
I have same situation but police officer from India contact me via watsapp and ask for supporting documents for verification at indian home. In my case, I forwarded my guardian no. So they fixed the time to do it.

Mar 18, 2018
I have same situation but police officer from India contact me via watsapp and ask for supporting documents for verification at indian home. In my case, I forwarded my guardian no. So they fixed the time to do it.
Thanks for your reply.
I provided my father's Indian number. So, I hope it should be done quickly. Any idea after how many days did police officer contact you? Thanks!

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Thanks for your reply.
I provided my father's Indian number. So, I hope it should be done quickly. Any idea after how many days did police officer contact you? Thanks!
The officer contacted me next day morning when I received the email related to this. I also asked him how much time it will take to get appear in the system? He said 12 days.

sapjgk

Jul 11, 2020
@KaushalN : will there be Police verfication for Passport renewal also. I am using same as old passport address in india . In that case do i get to prove my address in india too ??? My renewal for passport. Is your address changed than your old passport address or is it same. Is the address is in india or here tnx
Thanks in advance

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
@KaushalN : will there be Police verfication for Passport renewal also. I am using same as old passport address in india . In that case do i get to prove my address in india too ??? My renewal for passport. Is your address changed than your old passport address or is it same. Is the address is in india or here tnx
Thanks in advance
In my case address is changed I believe that’s y they put for verification. I have also applied from Toronto

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Applying for Indian Passport Renewal from Toronto - BLS Walk In's call center asked to use Purolator Postal Process instead of walk ins (as they are taking appointments based). No change in Indian Address and other details (Father's Surname cut short in length because of space issues and placed it in First name as per his current passport and included its copy as well). Hopefully, this wont be an issue.

1. Any idea on processing times ?
2. Will the application be processed here at CGI Toronto or HCI New Delhi?
3. Will there be a new police verification for passport renewals as well?

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Applying for Indian Passport Renewal from Toronto - BLS Walk In's call center asked to use Purolator Postal Process instead of walk ins (as they are taking appointments based). No change in Indian Address and other details (Father's Surname cut short in length because of space issues and placed it in First name as per his current passport and included its copy as well). Hopefully, this wont be an issue.

1. Any idea on processing times ?
2. Will the application be processed here at CGI Toronto or HCI New Delhi?
3. Will there be a new police verification for passport renewals as well?
In these days processing time at least 2 months. Would be processed at CGI Toronto. Not sure about verification they usually done in change of personal particulars. For required changes u attached supporting doc so would be good else they inform you about verification process

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, my passport is expiring in May 2021 but my work permit is getting over in October 8th 2020. So can I still go ahead and renew my passport in Canada. Is there any minimum validity that is required for the work permit in order to renew my passport ?
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi, my passport is expiring in May 2021 but my work permit is getting over in October 8th 2020. So can I still go ahead and renew my passport in Canada. Is there any minimum validity that is required for the work permit in order to renew my passport ?
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
You are good to go for passport renewal still with this validity. Moreover, you can apply for work permit extension Now and attach confirmation Of WPA with passport renewal application. That’s what I did for my current application in process. I applied in June for passport renewal Which will expire in coming May 2021 and work permit is getting expire in coming August2020 so both applications are in process where WPA will took 86 days the day I applied.

rest hope for the best

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
You are good to go for passport renewal still with this validity. Moreover, you can apply for work permit extension Now and attach confirmation Of WPA with passport renewal application. That’s what I did for my current application in process. I applied in June for passport renewal Which will expire in coming May 2021 and work permit is getting expire in coming August2020 so both applications are in process where WPA will took 86 days the day I applied.

rest hope for the best
Thanks a lot for responding Kaushal.
I read on the BLS checklist, there needs to be the validity of at least 3 months or more for . Is that right?
I will be applying for my work permit extension but I believe it can be extended only till the validity of my passport and not beyond that( please note that I have a closed work permit, not sure if that matters here) so just wanted to get done with the passport renewal beforehand.
Did you also submit through BLS?

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Thanks a lot for responding Kaushal.
I read on the BLS checklist, there needs to be the validity of at least 3 months or more for . Is that right?
I will be applying for my work permit extension but I believe it can be extended only till the validity of my passport and not beyond that( please note that I have a closed work permit, not sure if that matters here) so just wanted to get done with the passport renewal beforehand.
Did you also submit through BLS?
I consider what mentioned in the checklist that correct but I talked to them over the phone that status is valid for 80 days and it was suggested to me attached confirmation letter from CIC too so did. But that’s also correct if u go for WP renewal it would be as per current passport validity. Yes also went through BLS. I applied both together because I was exact on margin of 90 days and CIC wouldn’t process any application without biometric and I had not too because COVID-19 Service Canada Is collecting yet so hopefully I’ll be save

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
I applied for passport renewal in canada and got police verification in India after two weeks. I don't know how much time it will take now to get my new passport?

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
I applied for passport renewal in canada and got police verification in India after two weeks. I don't know how much time it will take now to get my new passport?
Did your address in India change? is that why they asked your police verification? I am still waiting for my application to show up online as it was received on June 26th on their end from Purolator.