+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Iranveer

Jan 12, 2021
You can also check your status on BLS APPLICATION TRACKING. It doesn't show any details but it will show you if the application is under process in consulate or still kept at BLS. I hope it helps

Iranveer

Jan 12, 2021
Hi Nicck,
I read your previous entry about your application status. Like you even I received my application delivery confirmation from Puralator on 2nd February 2021. Since I had not received any confirmation from BLS, I had called the BLS center on 19th February 2021 and I was told that the application status on the portal will be updated last Tuesday, 23rd February 2021. I have been checking the portal as well as my email (spam included) but I have still not received any confirmation. I have been trying to contact BLS through phone but I have been unable to connect to seek clarity on my application status. I have even mailed them my query but haven't received a reply yet.
I read that your file has now changed status to 'Police Verification has been initiated'. I wanted to ask you some questions regarding that as I have still not received any mail nor my status has changed.

Did you receive a mail from BLS ?
When you log into your account on the Passport Seva at Indian Embassy website does the status update in the track application option or is there another way to check it ?

I am really worried as its been more than 2 weeks and I haven't had any clarity on the application. I need the PCC clearance to file my PR application and hence I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.
You can also check your status on BLS APPLICATION TRACKING. It doesn't show any details but it will show you if the application is under process in consulate or still kept at BLS. I hope it helps

Iranveer

Jan 12, 2021
Hi Guys, I am applying for PCC with BLS at Toronto. Can someone please help confirm below -
1. Does Passport/WP photocopies suffice, or do i need to send the original?
2. I've two application, but when availing Purolator Pickup/drop service, they provided only one shipping label. Can I send two applications in one envelope?
3. I am affixing one photograph on application form. Do I need ot send any extra photos? Checklist doesnt mention that.
4. Do I need to get copies of all immigration stamps on all old/new passports?
5. As I've taken Purolator dropoff service, do i need to send a return envelope?
1. My husband receive his PCC yesterday and we did not send the originals. just clear photocopies are fine.
2. You can send the multiple applications in one envelope(pickup) if its the one address.
3. They dont need any extra photos. one is fine.
4.Yes, plz send the copies of all immigration stamps on your passports.
5. If you have paid for pick yup and drop off service already, you dont need to send any return envelope. even at pickup you dont need to buy an envelope. The pickup guy will have an express envelope for you.

I hope it helps

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I applied for PCC (Foreign passport holder) on January 07, 2021. I provided the address where I stayed 12 years ago but I have no family or relatives there in India, I don't even know if the address in India exists anymore... I am not entirely sure how there are going to verify ? I sent emails to the consulate but they never reply back, and the guy that answers the phone is not really willing to help either. What else should I do? Go in person after the lockdown?
If I understand this correctly, you are not an Indian citizen nor a current resident of India.

As far as I know India issues Police clearance certificates only for Citizens (Resident and non- resident) and for non-Indian citizens currently residing in India. Since you don’t fall in either of these categories, India should not be able to issue you a police clearance certificate.

I know of cases of candidates of US PR applications (where police clearance for all countries INR has lived in since the age of 16 needs to be submitted) Identical to your situation - Non Indian citizen having resided in India in the past. They explained to the US govt that police certificate cannot be issued as per Indian govt rules, and the requirement was waived for them.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello guys. So i have a weird problem. I got married here in canada and now me and my wife have to get the pcc for our Express entry. Is it necessary to write married in our bls application? Our families do not know we are married and can create problems in both of our family. What do the police ask when the call at home ?
Well you can claim to be single on the application and get a police clearance certificate. However you would be lying, and it would be a case of willful misrepresentation, for which you could face penalties if found out.

It is up to you whether you would rather commit a Legally punishable act than face the wrath of your families.

Personally, I wouldn’t lie on a govt form where I am swearing all information is true to the best of my knowledge. The family would find out or need to be told at some point...

SLHI

Feb 19, 2021
Hi Guys,

Purolator pickup: Feb 10, 2021
Purolator delivered: Feb 11, 2021
My PCC application status is showing as submitted on the BLS website. There is no change in my status yet, so when can I expect to see the message
"verification initiated" and where can I check the status?.. Please give your answers based on your experience.

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hello guys. So i have a weird problem. I got married here in canada and now me and my wife have to get the pcc for our Express entry. Is it necessary to write married in our bls application? Our families do not know we are married and can create problems in both of our family. What do the police ask when the call at home ?
I just received my wife's PCC and it clearly states that she is married and has my name in it. So that is the typical format and IRCC would be aware of it as well. If this information is not on your PCC, it might lead to misrepresentation.

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
If I understand this correctly, you are not an Indian citizen nor a current resident of India.

As far as I know India issues Police clearance certificates only for Citizens (Resident and non- resident) and for non-Indian citizens currently residing in India. Since you don’t fall in either of these categories, India should not be able to issue you a police clearance certificate.

I know of cases of candidates of US PR applications (where police clearance for all countries INR has lived in since the age of 16 needs to be submitted) Identical to your situation - Non Indian citizen having resided in India in the past. They explained to the US govt that police certificate cannot be issued as per Indian govt rules, and the requirement was waived for them.
Hello There!
I really appreciate your response! Indeed I am a Colombian citizen who has been in Canada for the last 2 years and lived in India for 8 months, 12 years ago. Unfortunately I am not in touch with any of the people I met at that time ... and I think what you said makes sense, although the consulate shows that it seems to be possible. I just hope that the consulate or someone gives me a written response in case a PCC is not possible to obtain for me.

I am doing this just in case IRCC asks for it during our paper based PR application. Thanks again for your time.
Regards,

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Nicck,
I read your previous entry about your application status. Like you even I received my application delivery confirmation from Puralator on 2nd February 2021. Since I had not received any confirmation from BLS, I had called the BLS center on 19th February 2021 and I was told that the application status on the portal will be updated last Tuesday, 23rd February 2021. I have been checking the portal as well as my email (spam included) but I have still not received any confirmation. I have been trying to contact BLS through phone but I have been unable to connect to seek clarity on my application status. I have even mailed them my query but haven't received a reply yet.
I read that your file has now changed status to 'Police Verification has been initiated'. I wanted to ask you some questions regarding that as I have still not received any mail nor my status has changed.

Did you receive a mail from BLS ?
When you log into your account on the Passport Seva at Indian Embassy website does the status update in the track application option or is there another way to check it ?

I am really worried as its been more than 2 weeks and I haven't had any clarity on the application. I need the PCC clearance to file my PR application and hence I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.
Bro what i did i called bls on 16 feb as i didn’t receive any single email from bls. So on call guy said by today or tomorrow slot ur file will be initiated and you will get an email by bls. No email from bls till now. But on 16 status on bls is documents sent to Indian consulate. Next day i got that pcc initiated on this link https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/
And yesterday i got an email from passport seva that ur pcc started at police station.

my advise keep calling bls so that they can push ur file.

VishKini

Feb 25, 2019
Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on how to apply for PCC from Bls Canada. little confused with what they have mentioned on their site. Can someone pls let me know the procedure? I have an Application created on the embassy site for me & my wife but when it comes to payment, how do I go about. How do I avail Purolator service.

Thanks

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello There!
I really appreciate your response! Indeed I am a Colombian citizen who has been in Canada for the last 2 years and lived in India for 8 months, 12 years ago. Unfortunately I am not in touch with any of the people I met at that time ... and I think what you said makes sense, although the consulate shows that it seems to be possible. I just hope that the consulate or someone gives me a written response in case a PCC is not possible to obtain for me.

I am doing this just in case IRCC asks for it during our paper based PR application. Thanks again for your time.
Regards,
I don’t know if this helps but the US department of state has it on their website that Indian police clearance certificate is not available to foreign nationals not currently living in India. Refer to link under police, court, prison records: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Comments: Police certificates are only available for Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals currently living in India. Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) nationals applying outside India.”

I can tell you that if you were applying for permanent residency in the US, you would be exempt from submitting an Indian PCC. I would think that IRCC would be similar.

joyvik

Feb 14, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

There's a good chance this might have been answered before but couldn't find it in the last 10 pages so here we go.

My wife and I are applying for her PCC (India) from Toronto so that I (PR holder) can sponsor her PR. I wanted to confirm the documents that need to be brought to the office or sent via mail. We tried calling BLS, but what they were suggesting on the phone is a bit different from their application checklist. We would really appreciate your help.
From the checklist, we understood we need the following documents -
  • Application form filled on the embassy website
  • Photograph (Only 1) 51x51 [Toronto needs only 1 I guess]
  • Passport - Wife - Original (required?) + Photocopies of all non-blank pages (on letter pages)
  • Passport - Husband - Original (required?)
  • My PR Card (original or photocopies?)
  • Marriage certificate
  • Wife's address proof - what can I attach for that as she's here on a visitor visa?
  • Do we need a change of appearance form?
  • Are we missing any documents or any minute details that we need to be aware of such as self-attestation etc?
Also, can we apply this in person, or these days they are only accepting mail-in applications? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
Rk
HI,

I need some help regarding this BLS.
How did you pay the processing fees?
How many Money Order did you use? is it 2 for each person?
can you please provide some details about these details.
As it is pick-up and drop so that will be paid over but How to pay for the processing fees and etc?

joyvik

Feb 14, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on how to apply for PCC from Bls Canada. little confused with what they have mentioned on their site. Can someone pls let me know the procedure? I have an Application created on the embassy site for me & my wife but when it comes to payment, how do I go about. How do I avail Purolator service.

Thanks
I am in the same boat. Looking for the some help regarding to Pay.

joyvik

Feb 14, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some help from some who have applied PCC or passport renewal recently.
I am applying for all but unable to to understand how to Pay?
Money Order --> what is the most convenient way to get it?
For each application How many Money Order do I need to prepare, 2? one for consulate and another for BLS?
what are the amounts need to mention in the Money order?
Once Payment is completed is there a way instead of Pick-up I can submit the envelope to any store? is there any such option?

Prithvi17

Feb 20, 2021
Hi Everyone, my PCC was verified and submitted from India to the consulate here in Toronto on Friday February 19th. There is a family emergency and I have to travel to India ASAP. I tried to contact BLS via Twitter since they are not answering phone calls or emails. They replied back in twitter saying they will get back to me which is a standard answer they are giving to everyone. I really need to go to India ASAP, Does anyone know how long would it take for them to return my Passport and Work permit as they are with them. I paid for Purolator Express pickup and drop off. Any help would be appreciated