+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Thanks for the info. I will email them , hope they would respond at least to emails. Do we have to attach BLS checklist form with the application? If yes then do we have to mention any comments against section in the form where it says: "DOCUMENTS: Provide the documents below, in original and photocopies on letter size paper. Please note: Both your original Indian passport and status in Canada are to be submitted along with the photocopies of the same. "
No i didn't attach the BLS checklist form.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
All,

I posted few questions to BLS thru email few days ago, I recieved their response this morning. Thought to share this information to this forum.

1. Do we have to self attest all photocopies to be sent to BLS? Answer: Yes, its recommended.

2. As per latest updates on CGI Toronto website for PCC during Covid-19 situation, it is mentioned that application need not to submit any original with the application? Please confirm.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

Answer: Photocopies are sufficient

3. Do we have to attach single Bank DD for 88.80 for both my aand wife application or separate DD is required for each applicant. Answer: Single draft would also work

4. Can we send my and wife's application in same envelope with Puralator. I am planning to use two small envelopes to separate my and wife;s documentation and put both envelopes in a large envelope to handover to puralator. Please suggest if this if ok. Answer : Thats ok.

5. Currenly, our work permits has expired on April 05, 2020 and my company has already submitted an extension to CIC before April 05, We are currently in Implied status which means as per Canada law implies you are a temporary resident and continue to legally stay and work until CIC decide on your new permit application. I am planning to attach Work permit extension application submission confirmation document from IRCC along with expired Work permit copy. Please suggest if any other documentation is required. Answer: You may also include copy of receipt of work permit extension along with confirmation email from CIC.

Hope this helps!!!

jasjeet virk

Apr 24, 2020
@jasjeet virk

I need a quick clarification, Do we need to self attest all photocopies to be sent to BLS? I am planning to submit two separate DD for 44.40 CAD each for me and spouse and enclose each applicant's docs in a small envelope and send both envelopes in a large envelope thru Puralator. Please confirm if this is correct approach.
Yes. All the photocopies should be self-attested. I'm not sure about the delivery approach though. Should not be a problem but confirm from BLS once.

ArshaA

Apr 18, 2020
The Purolator tracker says the documents reached BLS on April 29th, but the BLS tracker says "No records found". BLS phone lines not responding. Is anybody here facing similar problem?

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
The Purolator tracker says the documents reached BLS on April 29th, but the BLS tracker says "No records found". BLS phone lines not responding. Is anybody here facing similar problem?
They are only responding to email. You can try reaching out to them over email. This is the ONLY means for communication with them.

sraghuvan

May 5, 2020
Hello,

Please refer this page, if you are from GTA

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/discontinuation-of-walk-in-services/

Quoting from the link

For Passport / PCC / OCI services – Please send your Passport, OCI and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) applications at the BLS by Post/courier. BLS is offering postal service due to COVID-19. Please contact their call centres / customer service to book your postal application at the given numbers (Brampton/Toronto – 4163072237; Winnipeg- 2042853985. BLS can also be contacted by email at – qc.ca@blsinternational.net (website - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/). Services may have longer processing times.

We need to make a call to call center number to book a application pickup. They would collect the details, and after you pay for Purolator pickup/delivery, they help to create a pickup label. Once you have the label ready, you can call purolator pickup to come and collect your documents. We can track the delivery of the documents. After few days, we can track the status of application from here https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php. Hope this helps.

sraghuvan

May 5, 2020
The call center number for BLS brampton is never answered. How to setup the appointment? Do we really need to send original passport and visa? How much is the fees? Should it be certified cheques or money order and how many?

ArshaA

Apr 18, 2020
The call center number for BLS brampton is never answered. How to setup the appointment? Do we really need to send original passport and visa? How much is the fees? Should it be certified cheques or money order and how many?
I setup the appointment by calling BLS. Luckily they answered that day. Postal order from Canada post will work. No need to go to bank if it's far. You can schedule pickup/drop of package by Purolator, on the BLS website.

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
U need to wait for 7 days .after that they will process.INDIAN officials are very very hardworking

nikhil7567

Apr 19, 2020
Right
U need to wait for 7 days .after that they will process.INDIAN officials are very very hardworking
Any idea how long will this process take.? Before it you use to be only 2-3 hrs, and now I think it will atleast 3 weeks. If somebody recently got there pcc done please reply here with the process timeline.

sraghuvan

May 5, 2020
All,

I posted few questions to BLS thru email few days ago, I recieved their response this morning. Thought to share this information to this forum.

1. Do we have to self attest all photocopies to be sent to BLS? Answer: Yes, its recommended.

2. As per latest updates on CGI Toronto website for PCC during Covid-19 situation, it is mentioned that application need not to submit any original with the application? Please confirm.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

Answer: Photocopies are sufficient

3. Do we have to attach single Bank DD for 88.80 for both my aand wife application or separate DD is required for each applicant. Answer: Single draft would also work

4. Can we send my and wife's application in same envelope with Puralator. I am planning to use two small envelopes to separate my and wife;s documentation and put both envelopes in a large envelope to handover to puralator. Please suggest if this if ok. Answer : Thats ok.

5. Currenly, our work permits has expired on April 05, 2020 and my company has already submitted an extension to CIC before April 05, We are currently in Implied status which means as per Canada law implies you are a temporary resident and continue to legally stay and work until CIC decide on your new permit application. I am planning to attach Work permit extension application submission confirmation document from IRCC along with expired Work permit copy. Please suggest if any other documentation is required. Answer: You may also include copy of receipt of work permit extension along with confirmation email from CIC.

Hope this helps!!!
This was helpful. Few more questions-
1. Do we have to pay additional fees or envelope for return of our passport? What i understood is 88 CAD for 2 passports as total fees and then is there any additional fee for return courier charge?
2. Do purolator courier actually comes at your address to pick the envelope or we have to mail/drop at their address?
3. Is appointment mandatory for these or can we coordinate with BLS over email also?

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
This was helpful. Few more questions-
1. Do we have to pay additional fees or envelope for return of our passport? What i understood is 88 CAD for 2 passports as total fees and then is there any additional fee for return courier charge? Amount 88.80 CAD is for 2 PCC that includes fee and other service charges for consulate and BLS. Apart from that you need to pay courier charges, both pickup and dropoff.
2. Do purolator courier actually comes at your address to pick the envelope or we have to mail/drop at their address? Yes courier guy will come to pickup. Please note due to current covid 19 , BLS is only accepting packages from Purolator booked thru their BLS VAS section.You can also drop to their location but why to do so as you are already paying them for picking and dropping to your address. Make sure the label should be used only generated from BLS site as it has the record of your passport no against tracking number.
3. Is appointment mandatory for these or can we coordinate with BLS over email also?They are not answering to phone any more. Not sure if any other means avialbale except email. I have sent email to BLS regarding courier two days ago, will need to wait for their response.
Answered above.

Last edited:

desiking

Apr 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
Nomination.....
23-04-2020
AOR Received.
04-05-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
If anyone trying for PCC who didn't start via BLS consider sending directly to Indian Consulate via Canada post(92$). I send the docs to the consulate directly on April 22 and Got back my PCC by April 28.

Note: I am not sure about the current condition of the consulate whether they are taking applications like this or not. But I got PCC as the timeline i mentioned above. Please verify it with others also.

I went to Indian Consulate on April 22 without knowing the consulate is closed. But fortunately, I found some people who are in my situation on the ground floor of the same building. Those people told me there is another option by sending via Canadapost. There is a convenience store below the Indian consulate near to no-frills I remember( provided Gmap link below). Either you can bring all the documents( Copies) as per Indian consulate directions(provided below) or you can bring all originals there and take copies from the convenience store. If you take copies from them they will guide you because they are getting paid. If you have all the documents ready to send, tell the convenience store people, you need to send PCC to Indian consulate, They gonna give a money draft(92$), 2 Envelopes ( 1 to send to the consulate and others to send back PCC to you). Fill the details like from and to in the envelope you are sending. Put all the documents in the bigger envelope, including money draft and 2nd envelope. Finally, they gonna give 2 tracking numbers. Using 1st tracking number you will know whether docs reached there and 2nd tracking number will be active when they send back PCC to you. For me, the envelope reached consulate the next day I send and got back PCC in a week.

Documents Required ( Only Copies Required)

I. Requirements to submit an application at the Consulate General of India, Toronto:

• -Fill in the application form-https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/.
  • -Original passport of the applicant.
  • -Current Indian passport with a copy of legal status in Canada ( PR Card/Work Permit/Student Permit/ Visitor Record etc.) or Canadian passport in original and photocopy.
  • Note: For PR card issued without the category on the back, please submit the original and photocopy of the PR card and landing paper.
  • -A copy of the first and last page of the current passport.
  • -A copy of the landing paper.
  • -A copy of proof of address (copy of the driving license or any other government-issued address proof).
  • A fee of C$92/- can be paid through debit card/bank draft/money order (drawn in favor of " Consulate General of India")
Convenience Store Name: DUPL2X Business Services.

nikhil7567

Apr 19, 2020
Today i did the process of Bls for PCC. But then I had one doubt for this whole process. I only got one label for printing and also the Purolator guy said that they will only use one envelope and where not gonna put one extra for them to return it, he also didn't let me come in the store, said he will do everything and took the documents from me. Just wanted to know if was it the same for all you guys.?

Reactions: shan991