+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
If Passport gets renewed from Toronto consulate can we get PCC quicker, somewhere I read few folks got it in 15 days whose passport got renewed inside canada.

ac_kolk

Oct 27, 2016
New PCC Timeline

27th May 2022 - Applied for PCC on the Portal
30th May 2022 - BLS Received Application
1st June 2022 - PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
5th June 2022 - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
5th June 2022 (same day) - CAT Number generated.
6th June 2022 - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
7th June 2022 - Got a call from the local Police station and was asked to come along with documents.
8th June 2022 - Documents were verified at the police station and was told that they will upload it to the portal.

I will update rest of the timeline once I get the PCC delivered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prakash_Reddy

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone, My husband had applied for PCC from US through VFS global. His current status is "PCC report is clear and is available for issuance". It's been at the same stage for more than 2-3 weeks now. Is there any email ID or contact number we can reach out to passport seva or Indian embassy/consulate to follow up on the application? Thanks!

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
This forum has helped me a lot. so it's my time to share my timeline as it may help others...

Timeline-
4/25/22 - Purolator pickup arranged.
4/26/22 - Purolator picked up.
4/27/22 - Purolator delivered to BLS.
4/28/22 - BLS-under process.
4/29/22 - BLS-Under Process. In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General.
4/29/22 - PP-PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
5/6/22 - PP-Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
5/7/22 afternoon IST- PCC initiation email received.
5/7/22 evening IST - police called my father ~6pm asking for home address location and get ready with documents - Aadhaar copy, passport 1st/last copy, passport photo & two witness signatures and they need to bring their Aadhaar copy. Police at our door step ~7pm.
5/8/22 - PP-Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.
5/25/22 - PP-Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.
5/27/22 - BLS-In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre.
5/30/22 - BLS-Ready for Dispatch @11am.
5/30/22 - BLS-Dispatched via Courier @2pm. PUROLATOR AWB #nnnnnnnnnn.
5/31/22 - Delivered @2:30pm.
Thank you for letting us see your timelines.
Did you sent out ur original passport for pcc and if so, when did you get it back?

Takita

May 12, 2021
If Passport gets renewed from Toronto consulate can we get PCC quicker, somewhere I read few folks got it in 15 days whose passport got renewed inside canada.
I got my passport renewed at Toronto in Sep 2021. I applied for PCC in May 2022. It had to go through each step just like everyone else. check my timeline posted in thread.

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Team,
I was looking to apply for PCC through BLS for my spouse, though he is currently in India. Is it still valid ffor me to apply through BLS or the applicant has to be here?

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi Team,
I was looking to apply for PCC through BLS for my spouse, though he is currently in India. Is it still valid ffor me to apply through BLS or the applicant has to be here?
He has to apply at a passport office in India. PCC through BLS is valid only if the applicant is in Canada.

Reactions: sk1622

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
He has to apply at a passport office in India. PCC through BLS is valid only if the applicant is in Canada.
His passport address and current residential address is of different states. is it necessary that he has to go to passport office of the one which is in passport or he can apply at any passport office?

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
His passport address and current residential address is of different states. is it necessary that he has to go to passport office of the one which is in passport or he can apply at any passport office?
I think he needs to update his current address in his passport before applying for PCC

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
HI EVERYONE.

Please help.

I applied for indian PCC through BLS on 18th March. I put my current address where I lived just for 1.5 months after marriage. I attached Aadhar card with updated address on it along with marriage certificate. When police verification was done at my current address, they said everything is Ok and they asked for some signed form from my previous address which we provided them. But now the status is showing ‘ The police verification is not clear and is under review at Indian embassy’ .

What should I do? How can I contact Indian embassy?
Hi, did you get your PCC from Indian embassy? What did you do to get it? I am in the same boat with respect to the status. Thanks!