+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from San Francisco - time taken?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Just add your neighbors, they didnt even verify with them for my pcc
Do we have to send passport to the SF consulate with all the PCC documents in the mail? I am bit skeptical about it. What if it gets lost in the mail? I know that we have insurance and everything, but Indian consulate is gonna do shit if it is lost in mail.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Do we have to send passport to the SF consulate with all the PCC documents in the mail? I am bit skeptical about it. What if it gets lost in the mail? I know that we have insurance and everything, but Indian consulate is gonna do shit if it is lost in mail.
Yes,if you arent going there in person. Also if you mail it you wont have your passport with you for ~30 days. Yes its risky to send a passport over mail. Your call. I sent mine over mail with most expensive option with USPS, reached the consulate in 2 days

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.