+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INDIA - PASSPORT SUBMISSION - APRIL/ MAY 2021

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Passport was picked on 21st July from Nagpur, sent to Jalandhar and then to Delhi. Latest update was on 28th July:
Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi OC on 7/28/2021 7:29:52 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in New Delhi OC for processing.
No update after that. I have seen people getting "Under processing" message after few hours of this message. Worried since I have tickets booked on 12th August. Anyone else in similar situation ? Any information would help.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Finally my passport has left ahmedabad vfs and enroute to
Passport was picked on 21st July from Nagpur, sent to Jalandhar and then to Delhi. Latest update was on 28th July:

No update after that. I have seen people getting "Under processing" message after few hours of this message. Worried since I have tickets booked on 12th August. Anyone else in similar situation ? Any information would help.
Why did you book tickets without passport in your hands.. thats a big mistake/risk. Due to current situation, these things are taking more time.
I hope you get it before that

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Finally my passport has left ahmedabad vfs and enroute to IRCC. What will be the next update now? Will i get a message once it reaches IRCC?
Will we get any updates on GCKEY aswell?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Finally my passport has left ahmedabad vfs and enroute to

Why did you book tickets without passport in your hands.. thats a big mistake/risk. Due to current situation, these things are taking more time.
I hope you get it before that
I booked because the prices were going up each day (about 1.5 lac one way). I booked changable/flexible flights, so I can change the travel dates by paying the difference.
People were getting back their passports in 14 days and I booked after 21 days after the pickup date.
I understand that it is not recommended to book without passport in hand.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
I booked because the prices were going up each day (about 1.5 lac one way). I booked changable/flexible flights, so I can change the travel dates by paying the difference.
People were getting back their passports in 14 days and I booked after 21 days after the pickup date.
I understand that it is not recommended to book without passport in hand.
Stay positive. I hope you get it on time

Reactions: absingh

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Finally my passport has left ahmedabad vfs and enroute to IRCC. What will be the next update now? Will i get a message once it reaches IRCC?
Will we get any updates on GCKEY aswell?
I received a message like this when it was dispatched to IRCC office from Jalandhar VAC.

Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Jalandhar Office, on 7/27/2021 2:28:40 PM for processing.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I’m not sure how it works in the city you are in- in Mumbai, there are designated centres for students going abroad that work on a walk-in basis. Visit -> collect the token -> provide proof of going abroad -> get vaccinated
Yeah, you are right. A nearby Vaccine center says you can walk in. Now to wait for the passport & stamp to come back from IRCC..:)

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
While the passports zip zap across the country ..:) , can anyone throw light on how to get the 2nd Vaccine Dose for students. Maharashtra, where I live does not have any online portal/facility to book it, and COWIN is not ready yet to request for a student exception. How are you guys going about it ?
Luckily my normal date was yesterday but I got so busy with work and evening sessions at B school that I couldn’t book. Good point. I should book (very low availability here in my area).

For you: My classmates have gone to various centers that big districts have and they could walk in, explain to them and get their shots. But its all up on the stocks they have that day because there still isn’t a rule in place :/
Not even stamps, you can also show the request letter but yeah, if you are about to get your PP back, better to wait.

Last edited:

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Luckily my normal date was yesterday but I got so busy with work and evening sessions at B school that I couldn’t book. Good point. I should book (very low availability here in my area).

For you: My classmates have gone to various centers that big districts have and they could walk in, explain to them and get their shots. But its all up on the stocks they have that day because there still isn’t a rule in place :/
Not even stamps, you can also show the request letter but yeah, if you are about to get your PP back, better to wait.
Hey, congrats for the PPR. My file is also at NVDO
Did you tried to contact them while waiting for PPR? Did they respond ?

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Hey, congrats for the PPR. My file is also at NVDO
Did you tried to contact them while waiting for PPR? Did they respond ?
Well. Can’t say they responded. Webforms went unanswered and one of my emails received a generic copy pasted response.
Getting a specific query resolved or answered looks like an uphill task mate.

But try. They definitely look into your requests I am sure cause they all go into the system. At least let yourself be heard. That’s my POV.

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Well. Can’t say they responded. Webforms went unanswered and one of my emails received a generic copy pasted response.
Getting a specific query resolved or answered looks like an uphill task mate.

But try. They definitely look into your requests I am sure cause they all go into the system. At least let yourself be heard. That’s my POV.
I emailed them and got generic reply. BTW any update on your spouse app?

sdCan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Yes got mail requested additional details” - this email will contain a new tracking number from Blue Dart and another tracking ID
okay.
I got this update today morning - "Your application, tracking ID No. xxxx has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, NEW DELHI on 2021/07/30 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in NEW DELHI for processing. "

sdCan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
okay.
I got this update today morning - "Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxx The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC. "
After the previous email, I got the below one,
"Your application, tracking ID No.xxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 7/30/2021 6:58:26 AM"

Anyone has idea after this whats the next milestone/email we get and after how much time?

Last edited:
Reactions: RAGHAVK