+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India eVisa experience, timeline

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
In eVisa application, there is a question about port of entry. My final destination is HYD but i might travel through DELHI. I haven't booked my ticket yet. In that case what should I write?
Also is return ticket mandatory while travelling on eVisa?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
In eVisa application, there is a question about port of entry. My final destination is HYD but i might travel through DELHI. I haven't booked my ticket yet. In that case what should I write?
List of the 30 authorised landing Airports in India:
RETURN TICKET- YES

• Ahmedabad
  • Amritsar
  • Bagdogra
  • Bengaluru
  • Bhubaneshwar
  • Calicut
  • Chennai
  • Chandigarh
  • Cochin
  • Coimbatore
  • Delhi
  • Gaya
  • Goa(Dabolim)
  • Goa(Mopa)
  • Guwahati
  • Hyderabad
  • Jaipur
  • Kannur
  • Kolkata
  • Kannur
  • Lucknow
  • Madurai
  • Mangalore
  • Mumbai
  • Nagpur
  • Port Blair
  • Pune
  • Tiruchirapalli
  • Trivandrum
  • Varanasi
  • Vishakhapatnam

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
List of the 30 authorised landing Airports in India:
RETURN TICKET- YES

• Ahmedabad
  • Amritsar
  • Bagdogra
  • Bengaluru
  • Bhubaneshwar
  • Calicut
  • Chennai
  • Chandigarh
  • Cochin
  • Coimbatore
  • Delhi
  • Gaya
  • Goa(Dabolim)
  • Goa(Mopa)
  • Guwahati
  • Hyderabad
  • Jaipur
  • Kannur
  • Kolkata
  • Kannur
  • Lucknow
  • Madurai
  • Mangalore
  • Mumbai
  • Nagpur
  • Port Blair
  • Pune
  • Tiruchirapalli
  • Trivandrum
  • Varanasi
  • Vishakhapatnam
I think you didn’t understand my question. I know the list of ports of entry. But I was asking if I have to land in the exact port of entry which I have selected in the application or can I land in different one.
Anyways , I got the answer from another source and thank you for the reply.

gbiradar

Jan 28, 2018
I am in the same boat, can you please help me with the answer.

I think you didn’t understand my question. I know the list of ports of entry. But I was asking if I have to land in the exact port of entry which I have selected in the application or can I land in different one.
Anyways , I got the answer from another source and thank you for the reply.

Reactions: raja1028

sdpandya92

Aug 23, 2020
On arrival in India they didn't ask about our previous citizenship, even though they can see place of birth as India and know. I was photographed and finger printed, so was my daughter. Immigration wasn't an issue as much as the overall airport experience in Delhi was. On the way back we arrived at the airpor, 4 hours prior to departure and made it to the plane only on the final call!
Hello, I got the E visa and travelling in january 2024. I didnt apply for surrender certificate will that create any problem in immigration ? also I have seperate domestic flight booked from bombay (not connecting) Can I travell domestically from any airport in india with my E-visa and canadian passport ? Please help. Thanks

Reactions: Harrysingh04

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello, I got the E visa and travelling in january 2024. I didnt apply for surrender certificate will that create any problem in immigration ? also I have seperate domestic flight booked from bombay (not connecting) Can I travell domestically from any airport in india with my E-visa and canadian passport ? Please help. Thanks
Won’t have any issue if you did not surrender the Indian passport. Just do not present the Indian passport at the immigration or while entering the airport for your domestic flight.
EVisa is not required to travel between different cities within India

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
hey its 40 USD for 1 year eVisa
Hey, I am bit confused. E-visa portal mentioned $40 USD for 1 Year e-TV but BLS Toronto - $137.82. Is it different than e-TV?

Also, I have tickets booked end of Jan-2024 and planning surrender Indian Passport in nearby PSK in India? Hope this is fine and no issues in e-Visa or Travel?

Appreciate your inputs/experiences.

Thanks!

amak07

Nov 27, 2023
Hey, I am bit confused. E-visa portal mentioned $40 USD for 1 Year e-TV but BLS Toronto - $137.82. Is it different than e-TV?

Also, I have tickets booked end of Jan-2024 and planning surrender Indian Passport in nearby PSK in India? Hope this is fine and no issues in e-Visa or Travel?

Appreciate your inputs/experiences.

Thanks!
Apply for e-visa don't go through BLS for visa. It will take much longer. E-Visa's are cheaper and are much faster. It is taking less than week and for some a day to get there e-visa.

Reactions: gir_8

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
No you dont need to land at the same airport that you mentioned in your eVisa application
Yes return or onward journey is mandatory while travelling on eVisa. Check FAQs on the eVisa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
Also keep this in mind...

For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calendar Year should not exceed 180 days.
For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.

Reactions: raja1028

anshulbanwari

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,
Trying to apply for eVisa to India, but in Canadian passport there is no Given Name. Its only Last name.
But in eVisa application its mandatory to put Given name. What should I do?