+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India eVisa experience, timeline

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi,
I recently became canadian citizen. While applying 1-year eVisa, I have the below questions.
Can you please clarify?

1.Countries Visited in Last 10 years (What should I answer for this)
I have visited UAE. Should I include India/Canada too?

2. What are the documents to upload?
a) photo - yes
b) do we need to upload the scanned canadian passport also (bio-metric page alone)?

Thanks.

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
Hi,
I recently became canadian citizen. While applying 1-year eVisa, I have the below questions.
Can you please clarify?

1.Countries Visited in Last 10 years (What should I answer for this)
I have visited UAE. Should I include India/Canada too?

2. What are the documents to upload?
a) photo - yes
b) do we need to upload the scanned canadian passport also (bio-metric page alone)?

Thanks.
I had the same case ,I did not mention any country , as After becoming Canadian citizen , I have not visited any country .

Documents : photo upload and Bio matric page of passport upload.
My e visa got approved in 24 hrs.

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Anyone who recently got e-visa : For how many maximum days you can be in India for a trip? Please help. Thank you!!

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
Anyone who recently got e-visa : For how many maximum days you can be in India for a trip? Please help. Thank you!!
Visa is issued for 365 days
  • Continuous stay in India on each entry should not exceed 180 days.
  • Maximum stay in India in one calendar year on an e-Tourist Visa or paper Tourist Visa or both, shall be restricted to 180 days.
  • Multiple entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your passport.

Reactions: mk9353

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Visa is issued for 365 days
  • Continuous stay in India on each entry should not exceed 180 days.
  • Maximum stay in India in one calendar year on an e-Tourist Visa or paper Tourist Visa or both, shall be restricted to 180 days.
  • Multiple entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your passport.
That's a relief. Thank you so much for replying.

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Thank for the reply.

I would like to make a correction, Return ticket is not needed for eVisa. I have travelled to India on eVisa and i wasn't asked about my stay duration or return ticket.

No you dont need to land at the same airport that you mentioned in your eVisa application
Yes return or onward journey is mandatory while travelling on eVisa. Check FAQs on the eVisa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
Also keep this in mind...

For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calendar Year should not exceed 180 days.
For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Thank for the reply.

I would like to make a correction, Return ticket is not needed for eVisa. I have travelled to India on eVisa and i wasn't asked about my stay duration or return ticket.
How many days it took for you to get a visa? And did you get 1 year visa with multiple enteries?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank for the reply.

So you are saying, that since return ticket was not asked from you, is it the new rule? that means the FAQs in the official website through which you can apply eVisa is not correct ?

agautam

Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’ll be travelling to India on my Canadian Passport on an e-visa WITHOUT surrendering my Indian Passport.

Can anyone assist on what should I enter for the below questions ?

1. Any other valid passport/ identification card held ?
  2. Have you ever visited India before?
  3. Last India visa no/ current visa no. ?

Has anyone travelled to India without surrendering Indian Passport ?

Thanks in advance

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

I’ll be travelling to India on my Canadian Passport on an e-visa WITHOUT surrendering my Indian Passport.

Can anyone assist on what should I enter for the below questions ?

1. Any other valid passport/ identification card held ?
  2. Have you ever visited India before?
  3. Last India visa no/ current visa no. ?

Has anyone travelled to India without surrendering Indian Passport ?

Thanks in advance
i have. had no issues.

Reactions: agautam