India eVisa experience, timeline

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks,

what did you answer for;
  • Any other valid passport/ identification card held ?
  • Have you ever visited India before?
  • Last India visa no/ current visa no. ?
Thanks
i genuinely don't remember. what i do remember is that they had an issue with my line of work so sent a follow up email with a bunch of questions. answered it and got my visa 1-2 days later.

agautam

Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone

Anyone has any idea how long it takes to get 5 years e tourist visa for India?
If you’re a Canadian citizen, there are two options available for e-visa, i.e. 30 days and 1 year e-visa with multiple entries.

thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha @forw.jane Hey buddy! I surrendered my Indian passport and got the surrender certificate. I am now applying for e-visa but confused about this section. What should I enter? Last time I visited India as a Citizen but that's not an option to provide here.

Can you please check and let me know?
Like @amak07 mentioned select No at the top of this section on the visa application since you previously visited as an Indian citizen Carey Indian passport. This for Canadian/Foreign passport holder who have visited India on a visa

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
Hey Guys. I am about to apply for my E-visa. I have a couple of doubt if anyone can clear. I do not have enough time to surrender my Indian passport and I plan to do it after I return (It will be less than 90 days from getting my Canadian Citizenship). The forms asks me whether I hold another passport. Should I put the information of the India passport in that section?
Also, Originally I never has a last name/surname from India. Now my Canadian passport only has a last name but no given name. The e-visa application has a mandatory Given name field. What should I do?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey Guys. I am about to apply for my E-visa. I have a couple of doubt if anyone can clear. I do not have enough time to surrender my Indian passport and I plan to do it after I return (It will be less than 90 days from getting my Canadian Citizenship). The forms asks me whether I hold another passport. Should I put the information of the India passport in that section?
Also, Originally I never has a last name/surname from India. Now my Canadian passport only has a last name but no given name. The e-visa application has a mandatory Given name field. What should I do?
You should say No. as soon as you take the citizenship oath of another country in your case Canadian, Indian citizenship is relinquished, its a requirement from Govt of India formally surrender your citizenship and cancel your Indian passport

For the name thing my suggestion will be to get an affidavit

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
e-Visa timeline:

Applied 1 year multiple entry e-visa on 7th March, 2024 at 5:15pm (Toronto Time)

Got Granted email on 8th March 2024 at 8:13am

Documents submitted: PDF copy of passport, 2*2 photograph

It does take some time to get success status for Payment and visa processing is done once payment is successful.

Reactions: simuser7

User01

May 31, 2023
Hi,

I got my citizenship 5 months before but I missed to surrender Indian passport. Now I want to travel India. I have both Indian passport and Canadian passport with more than year of validity. I applied evisa but no response yet. Can I travel without evisa ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I got my citizenship 5 months before but I missed to surrender Indian passport. Now I want to travel India. I have both Indian passport and Canadian passport with more than year of validity. I applied evisa but no response yet. Can I travel without evisa ?
You cannot go with Indian passport and come back with Canadian passport. You will need to surrender your Indian passport and get exit permit before leaving India.