+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India eVisa experience, timeline

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hey Guys - India just retstarted e-visa for canadians...I am applying for it now...there is a question is the form asking "Citizenship/National Id No" right after "country/region of birth". Do I enter my Indian passport number there?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hey Guys - India just retstarted e-visa for canadians...I am applying for it now...there is a question is the form asking "Citizenship/National Id No" right after "country/region of birth". Do I enter my Indian passport number there?

TIA.
Didn't you surrender your indian passport?
If yes then how can you enter that and even you are applying visa for India so not sure why they will ask you indian passport no.

Anyways I don't know the exact answer but thinking that way..
Lastly, is that a mandatory box to fill..

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Didn't you surrender your indian passport?
If yes then how can you enter that and even you are applying visa for India so not sure why they will ask you indian passport no.

Anyways I don't know the exact answer but thinking that way..
Lastly, is that a mandatory box to fill..
No I didn't surrender my Indian passport yet....got BLS appointment for end of this month....yes the field is mandatory....I can enter NA I guess...just wondering if anyone remembers what value they entered!

For e-visa, Indian passport surrender certificate is not required.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am filling out the e-visa application.

Not sure what to enter in the 'Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details' section which has :

1) 'Cities previously visited in India' - should we enter only cities visited during the latest trip to India or all the cities visited during all the trips taken to India?

2) 'Last Indian Visa No/Currently valid Indian Visa No.' There is also a drop down after this one 'Type of Visa' - what would these be for an Indian citizen after obtaining Canadian citizenship?

Thanks in advance.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

TIA.
I think if they needed us to enter passport number, then they should have asked for passport number instead of citizenship/national ID number. I have entered NA for it.

Reactions: canada@2018

steveD

Dec 4, 2012

TIA.
Enter your citizenship number there from Citizenship certificate

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
Hi all,

I am filling out the e-visa application.

Not sure what to enter in the 'Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details' section which has :

1) 'Cities previously visited in India' - should we enter only cities visited during the latest trip to India or all the cities visited during all the trips taken to India?

2) 'Last Indian Visa No/Currently valid Indian Visa No.' There is also a drop down after this one 'Type of Visa' - what would these be for an Indian citizen after obtaining Canadian citizenship?

Thanks in advance.
I believe we do not need to enter anything as they are asking if you have visited india after receiving canadian passport..

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Enter your citizenship number there from Citizenship certificate
But it is being asked right after the Country of Birth. Doesn't that mean that they are asking the National ID / Citizenship No for India and not Canada?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I believe we do not need to enter anything as they are asking if you have visited india after receiving canadian passport..
Oh ok. They should have a checkbox to select for people like us and this section should be hidden for us. That would avoid confusion.

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017

TIA.
Hey guys - Update: Got eVisa ETA issued today - validity 1 year (they haven't started 5 years for Canadian passport for some unknown reason). It took less than. 24 hours. I entered NA for the "Citizenship/National Id No" in the application form.

Thanks for helping me out :).

Reactions: CABA