+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India eVisa experience, timeline

Manikanta30

Sep 1, 2023
Can someone suggest what is the information to provide for the below field while applying for eVISA.

I was Indian Citizen in the past and recently got the Canada Citizenship. First time applying for eVISA.

details need for:

Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details:

Have you ever visited India before?
Yes / No
Last Indian Visa No/Currently valid Indian Visa No.
Type of Visa
Place of Issue
Date of Issue

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can someone suggest what is the information to provide for the below field while applying for eVISA.

I was Indian Citizen in the past and recently got the Canada Citizenship. First time applying for eVISA.

details need for:

Yes / No
Type of Visa
Place of Issue
Date of Issue
Have you ever visited India before? No (Previously you were a Indian citizen, visiting on Indian passport)
Last Indian Visa No/Currently valid Indian Visa No. Not Applicable

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017

details need for:

Yes / No
Type of Visa
Place of Issue
Date of Issue
1-NO
2-NO

rpatel1290

Sep 11, 2023
Hello,
I have applied for Canadian passport and it's under processing, and I am traveling to India end of October, I am just wondering do I need to surrender Indian passport? because I am not going to apply OCI for now, I am going to apply E Visa.

And is it ok after returning from India I will do Indian citizenship surrender process?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for Canadian passport and it's under processing, and I am traveling to India end of October, I am just wondering do I need to surrender Indian passport? because I am not going to apply OCI for now, I am going to apply E Visa.

And is it ok after returning from India I will do Indian citizenship surrender process?
Yes it's fine

Reactions: rpatel1290

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello,
I just got canadian passport. I know India has stopped visa for Canadians now but do I need to surrender my indian passport/ submit surrender certificate for applying for 5 years tourist e-visa? Thanks.

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
I just got canadian passport. I know India has stopped visa for Canadians now but do I need to surrender my indian passport/ submit surrender certificate for applying for 5 years tourist e-visa? Thanks.
Till the eVisa was being offered, surrendering Indian passport was not required
But you cannot apply for eVisa anymore now

Reactions: canada@2018