+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete Application

grove1995

Oct 26, 2013
My citizenship application was returned recently, reason was 'copy of language evidence was missing'. But lo and behold, a copy of my IELTS result was there. This was the 3rd time they returned my application, with various reasons. But all of the documents they are looking for was there. Somebody suggested to just withdraw the application and resubmit later. Any of you guys had this problem?

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
I checked your proof.. read carefully what version you have

Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General (CELPIP-G) test, but not the academic version. You must have achieved 2H or higher (3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5 or 6)
International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training and not the academic version. You must have achieved:
4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a 4 or higher.)

ikea17

Sep 5, 2013
They done this to us as well! I just send the entire package back to them with a note and they accepted, funny, ridiculous and unfortunate and sucks! not a welcome to Canada sprit lol

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
I would consider taking LINC or any other proof they want

I am applying next month and i am including my university degree in English Literature BA from abroad

grove1995

Oct 26, 2013
canmanottawa said:
did you call CIC? check what is wrong?
I did. But the person on the other end wasn't much help. Before I submitted, I had my application proofread by one of the Immigration services here. And everything seems fine.

grove1995

Oct 26, 2013
canmanottawa said:
I would consider taking LINC or any other proof they want

I am applying next month and i am including my university degree in English Literature BA from abroad
But an IELTS-GT is a proof of Language proficiency. It's very clear in their instruction guide.