+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete Application for Citizenship

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi ,

CIC returned both me and my wife's application stating incomplete . They mentioned in the letter that they have returned the application and proof of payment. Here are our timelines

• Application filling date and signature - Last week of July 2019
  • Application received by CIC - 2nd week of August 2019
  • Date of application return by CIC - 1st week of Sep 2019
  • Reason :- Incomplete . They have mentioned Incomplete sections have been highlighted. Only one line in my Wife's application was highlighted . A consent question which required a yes/no tick was missing . [Something related to consent to CBSA to disclose details .. ]

They further state

if you choose to resumbit the application, make sure you include:

• The completed application form submitted on a version … Oct 2017 or later ….
  • Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
  • All the required documents based on the Document Checklist of the form …. and
  • The proof of payment

Here are couple of questions I have

• Am I ok to resubmit the application ? I am thinking of taking print out of that just one page and tick the option to yes in the consent question and resubmit. Which means application will be dated July 2019 .
  • Our photo's already expired on 3rd week of August . Do we need new photos for sure then ?
  • My Driving license document I submitted along with application expired on last week of August . Should I wait for new one and attach it to the application?
  • I paid the fees online. Do I still need to repay ? I am not sure if they have started the refund process.
Hi Irow,
I have same situation and timelines as you. My spouse application is okay but for my file - they have highlighted with green for point# 14.

Couple of questions:
How did you resubmit the file?
While resubmitting did you remove the Incomplete letter?
Any cover letter provided for missing information.

Thanks,

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Venu, Did you able to figure it out?
Hi little star,

i resent the application with the Birth Certificate translation along with the CIC letter. I didn't open the stapled completed applications.
It worked. I just got my Oath invite too. Good luck !

Regards
Venugopal

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi Irow,
I have same situation and timelines as you. My spouse application is okay but for my file - they have highlighted with green for point# 14.

Couple of questions:
How did you resubmit the file?
While resubmitting did you remove the Incomplete letter?
Any cover letter provided for missing information.

Thanks,
I resbumitted the application after attaching the requested documents. I just wrote on top of the letter CIC sent that i am attaching the requested documents and signed. Didn't provide any covering letter. Not sure what point #14 is now but if you can't provide that I think you need to provide a covering letter with explanation. Hope this helps.

Regards
Venugopal

Perk2020

Feb 23, 2020
Hi,
My file was returned because of stale date and I am resubmitting my file. I have a print out copy of my application. Can I scribble over the date part and change it ? If yes, do I need to sign beside that .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
My file was returned because of stale date and I am resubmitting my file. I have a print out copy of my application. Can I scribble over the date part and change it ? If yes, do I need to sign beside that .

1. No, because you will need a new calculator.

Perk2020

Feb 23, 2020
Hi

1. No, because you will need a new calculator.
Thank you for your quick response
Yes I got a new calculator with new eligibility period. However I forgot to make changes on my main application. I just wanted to know if it’s safe to scribble it out or do I need to make another round to Staples.

I have everything updated except for point 9 on page 2 which says eligibility period.

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Hello every one . I have already sent my family application for citizenship in the last month. But today I read here regarding return because of translation of birth certificate.

Actually my daughter birth certificate which is already furnished in two languages ( urdu language and english language in terms of same particular/ data). even I clearly mentioned in the covering letter for birth certificate which is already furnish in english.

What do you think that CIC ll return my application package for minor birth certificate separate translation. If they ll return in future then could I send a copy of translation via web form now ? Please suggest me .

Reactions: gsmo12

Noreen1876

Mar 6, 2020
Hi ,

CIC returned both me and my wife's application stating incomplete . They mentioned in the letter that they have returned the application and proof of payment. Here are our timelines

• Application filling date and signature - Last week of July 2019
  • Application received by CIC - 2nd week of August 2019
  • Date of application return by CIC - 1st week of Sep 2019
  • Reason :- Incomplete . They have mentioned Incomplete sections have been highlighted. Only one line in my Wife's application was highlighted . A consent question which required a yes/no tick was missing . [Something related to consent to CBSA to disclose details .. ]

They further state

if you choose to resumbit the application, make sure you include:

• The completed application form submitted on a version … Oct 2017 or later ….
  • Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
  • All the required documents based on the Document Checklist of the form …. and
  • The proof of payment

Here are couple of questions I have

• Am I ok to resubmit the application ? I am thinking of taking print out of that just one page and tick the option to yes in the consent question and resubmit. Which means application will be dated July 2019 .
  • Our photo's already expired on 3rd week of August . Do we need new photos for sure then ?
  • My Driving license document I submitted along with application expired on last week of August . Should I wait for new one and attach it to the application?
  • I paid the fees online. Do I still need to repay ? I am not sure if they have started the refund process.

• Hi, just wondering what u did with your application?Did u just submit the missing form together with the original application that they sent back? I just recieved my papers back cause i missed no.8 question on page 5, wasn’t able to check it that no.8 wasn’t printed out on the paper that i submitted. Anyway they sent back both mine and my son’s application. Attached w/ my son’s application is a letter saying that my son’s application is already complete but they have to send it back together my application because mine is incomplete.