+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete Application for Citizenship

qqyon4

Jan 28, 2018
Hello everybody, need help.

Minor 5(1) Grant application with attached all documents I sent were returned last week because of an incomplete application.

I have not provided an explanation of any gaps in passport validity.

The letter says;
OPTION 1 - Resubmitting a complete application

They returned all my documents with staple and wholes. Can I use these documents including a birth certificate, photos, application form, and so on again? Do I have to prepare all documents again? Do I have to take new photos?

Thank you.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Minor 5(1) Grant application with attached all documents I sent were returned last week because of an incomplete application.

The letter says;

They returned all my documents with staple and wholes. Can I use these documents including a birth certificate, photos, application form, and so on again? Do I have to prepare all documents again? Do I have to take new photos?

Thank you.
You can submit the same application package again. Make sure to include everything that's missing.

Also, note the following:

Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future).

Reactions: Bargeld and qqyon4

qqyon4

Jan 28, 2018
You can submit the same application package again. Make sure to include everything that's missing.

Also, note the following:

• not signed and dated
Thank you very much.
I'm glad to hear.

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Hello everyone, my application was returned, and they highlighted a section where I forgot to tick with green color. Is it okay if I just tick there with my handwriting, or should I print out another application? Your urgent replies will be much appreciated!!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone, my application was returned, and they highlighted a section where I forgot to tick with green color. Is it okay if I just tick there with my handwriting, or should I print out another application? Your urgent replies will be much appreciated!!
Both calls are OK.
Just make sure, if you decide to just tick the missing section, that your signature dates are less than 3 months old the moment they receive the application again.

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Both calls are OK.
Just make sure, if you decide to just tick the missing section, that your signature dates are less than 3 months old the moment they receive the application again.
Thank you so much.
This is so stressful. They have to receive it in 2 days then since the 6th of april is the 90th day. And there's no delivery company that delivers it before the 9th of April.
What can I do?? Any suggestions? :(

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you so much.
This is so stressful. They have to receive it in 2 days then since the 6th of april is the 90th day. And there's no delivery company that delivers it before the 9th of April.
What can I do?? Any suggestions? :(
If that's the case, then I would recommend that you send a brand new application.

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
I am out of country right now though. I won't be able to be back until June :(
Wouldn't they look at the postmark date? Since I am sending it within 90 days.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

This is what the guide says:

• not signed and dated
They would look at the date it's received at CPC-Sydney.

alioo16

Apr 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

I had multiple forms returned. One explicitly says "Do not re-submit the enclosed application form", so I am going to do a new one.
However, one of the applications returned with it doesn't say this and only says "If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:[...]". The form was returned for missing information, which is highlighted. Do I just fill in the highlighted missing information in the old form and resubmit it?

Thanks in advance!

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi chacha91,

I am in the same position. My family application is returned as they want translation for my son's birth certificate (though it is both in English and local language). My application will reach 90 days after the application sign date.
Can you let me know how you addressed this issue?

mnsx236

Sep 9, 2018
Hi chacha91,

I am in the same position. My family application is returned as they want translation for my son's birth certificate (though it is both in English and local language). My application will reach 90 days after the application sign date.
Can you let me know how you addressed this issue?

what documents you sent for birth certificate translation: Now you can sent below docs :

sent below docs:

1.Translation document In English
2. Certificate of Translation by Translator with notarized ( statement that translator Sworn before at Notary public)
3.after that I have notarized the original document(negative language document) (This notary is different from Translated above notary )

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi,

Were you able to send the application within 90 days? Did they accept it?
I am also in the same situtation. My family application (4 members) was returned as my son's application was incomplete.
I have to send the entire application now but it will be more than 90 days for the other 3 applications. Please let me know how did you proceed.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
what documents you sent for birth certificate translation: Now you can sent below docs :

sent below docs:

1.Translation document In English
2. Certificate of Translation by Translator with notarized ( statement that translator Sworn before at Notary public)
3.after that I have notarized the original document(negative language document) (This notary is different from Translated above notary )
Thank you mnsx236.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013

The letter says;

Thank you.
Hi qqyon4,

Can I know how you submitted the application? Did you remove the staples and used the same form?
I noticed that they didn't send the checklist back. Did it happen to you too?
Did you submit the checklist again?