+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete Application for Citizenship

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi qqyon4,

Can I know how you submitted the application? Did you remove the staples and used the same form?
I noticed that they didn't send the checklist back. Did it happen to you too?
Did you submit the checklist again?
What specifically was the correction that was needed?

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
Hello Guys
Please need urgent help
My citizenship application was returned today due to missing information. Can anyone guide me if i can fill in the missing information with pen in the application they sent me back or i should print new application
Please Help
Thanks

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

Were you able to send the application within 90 days? Did they accept it?
I am also in the same situtation. My family application (4 members) was returned as my son's application was incomplete.
I have to send the entire application now but it will be more than 90 days for the other 3 applications. Please let me know how did you proceed.
Hi there,
Yes I was able to send it with an express post, so it was there the next day which was the very last day. So it made it on time.
Hope they accept yours, or just simply send a new application with the same documents.
Good luck!!

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Hello Guys
Please need urgent help
My citizenship application was returned today due to missing information. Can anyone guide me if i can fill in the missing information with pen in the application they sent me back or i should print new application
Please Help
Thanks
What I did was just to print out the application, and just replace that one page with the complete one. I wasn't sure if they accepted hand written.

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
What I did was just to print out the application, and just replace that one page with the complete one. I wasn't sure if they accepted hand written.
Ok thank you so much
Also did u include the first page they sent with your returned application which is saying application is incomplete

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
Hi there,
Yes I was able to send it with an express post, so it was there the next day which was the very last day. So it made it on time.
Hope they accept yours, or just simply send a new application with the same documents.
Good luck!!
Am also sending my application again but i called cic so they told me to do a new phycal presence calclulation so the application will have a new date .i still have 1 month left to reach 90 days but cic representative told me they will count when they will open application not when they receive.so am dating my application again.

abhi228

Champion Member
Oct 10, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-5-2014
Nomination.....
15-8-2014
I forgot to include document checklist in my citizenship application package? Would this be considered as incomplete package or they will go ahead and process it.. as rest everything looks ok..

Appreciate your reply

konfyus2019

Jun 3, 2019
hello friendly people, I just need some advise regarding a minor applying for citizenship. Here is my story, a minor submitted an application for citizenship at least 3 weeks before his 18th birthday, the application was stamped received two weeks before his birthday and after 60 days, the application was sent back to us due to incomplete package, since we paid CAD $100 dollars for processing because the applicant (minor) was still below 18 years old at that time, can we resubmit the application documents back without paying the CAD $530 dollars difference, because the applicant is 18 years old now as of this writing, any similar situation of this kind. Thank you in advanced.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

CIC returned both me and my wife's application stating incomplete . They mentioned in the letter that they have returned the application and proof of payment. Here are our timelines

• Application filling date and signature - Last week of July 2019
  • Application received by CIC - 2nd week of August 2019
  • Date of application return by CIC - 1st week of Sep 2019
  • Reason :- Incomplete . They have mentioned Incomplete sections have been highlighted. Only one line in my Wife's application was highlighted . A consent question which required a yes/no tick was missing . [Something related to consent to CBSA to disclose details .. ]

They further state

if you choose to resumbit the application, make sure you include:

• The completed application form submitted on a version … Oct 2017 or later ….
  • Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
  • All the required documents based on the Document Checklist of the form …. and
  • The proof of payment

Here are couple of questions I have

• Am I ok to resubmit the application ? I am thinking of taking print out of that just one page and tick the option to yes in the consent question and resubmit. Which means application will be dated July 2019 .
  • Our photo's already expired on 3rd week of August . Do we need new photos for sure then ?
  • My Driving license document I submitted along with application expired on last week of August . Should I wait for new one and attach it to the application?
  • I paid the fees online. Do I still need to repay ? I am not sure if they have started the refund process.

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hi All,

I will be filing citizenship application soon and I need help in the documents that I need to send with the application. Can anyone guide me in that ?

@ razerblade

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I forgot to include document checklist in my citizenship application package? Would this be considered as incomplete package or they will go ahead and process it.. as rest everything looks ok..

Appreciate your reply
Hi,
I'm on the same boat, can you please let me know if you got your AOR or your application got returned just because of this?

Thanks,

~A

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I am out of country right now though. I won't be able to be back until June :(
Wouldn't they look at the postmark date? Since I am sending it within 90 days.
Hello everyone, my application was returned, and they highlighted a section where I forgot to tick with green color. Is it okay if I just tick there with my handwriting, or should I print out another application? Your urgent replies will be much appreciated!!
Hello Chacha91, I am in the same boat as prevously you were. So what was the option you have choose to submit your file? Is it okay to just TICK and resubmit?

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi qqyon4,

Can I know how you submitted the application? Did you remove the staples and used the same form?
I noticed that they didn't send the checklist back. Did it happen to you too?
Did you submit the checklist again?
Venu, Did you able to figure it out?

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi ,

CIC returned both me and my wife's application stating incomplete . They mentioned in the letter that they have returned the application and proof of payment. Here are our timelines

• Application filling date and signature - Last week of July 2019
  • Application received by CIC - 2nd week of August 2019
  • Date of application return by CIC - 1st week of Sep 2019
  • Reason :- Incomplete . They have mentioned Incomplete sections have been highlighted. Only one line in my Wife's application was highlighted . A consent question which required a yes/no tick was missing . [Something related to consent to CBSA to disclose details .. ]

They further state

if you choose to resumbit the application, make sure you include:

• The completed application form submitted on a version … Oct 2017 or later ….
  • Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
  • All the required documents based on the Document Checklist of the form …. and
  • The proof of payment
Hi Irow,
I have same situation and timelines as you. My spouse application is okay but for my file - they have highlighted with green for point# 14.

Couple of questions:
How did you resubmit the file?
While resubmitting did you remove the Incomplete letter?
Any cover letter provided for missing information.

Thanks,

Here are couple of questions I have

• Am I ok to resubmit the application ? I am thinking of taking print out of that just one page and tick the option to yes in the consent question and resubmit. Which means application will be dated July 2019 .
  • Our photo's already expired on 3rd week of August . Do we need new photos for sure then ?
  • My Driving license document I submitted along with application expired on last week of August . Should I wait for new one and attach it to the application?
  • I paid the fees online. Do I still need to repay ? I am not sure if they have started the refund process.