+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

shahzo

Aug 18, 2010
brill said:
I have 17 years of experience in my field.I have current employer letter with job duties,but my past employers letters have no job duties only letter ,period of job and stamp with signature.
The problem is that some of my past employer doesn't exit now.and to some I couldn't contact as am abroad.What should I do?Should I sent my past employers letter without job duties?any guidance............

you need 4 year expereince to claim full points why u r so worried claim recent 4 years relevant expereince and give them upto date reference letter. and for past employers if they fall in the same job duties then just send ur appointment letter.

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
ammaartahir said:
This is why I am also confused that in the CIO checklist column it says that only COPY of the documents listed in the VO checklist are to be sent while in the VO checklist, original are demanded :O confused :S someone please enlighten!!!
Don't be confused. The copy mentioned in front of the number 12 of CIO checklist does not refer to the documents included but refer to the 2 document checklists. It means as it is stated send these 2 documents checklist copies (CIO checklist should be cover page) to CIO. All the documents mention in both checklist should be included in the package send to the CIO as stated either original or notarized copy except PCC.

I hope this one help. I send an email to CHC of my country and they mention the same thing to me.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
OhCanadiana said:
I just took a look at the New Delhi visa office specific instructions and it does ask for sealed transcripts so I'd really try to get them - your university may surprise you! All they need to do is take a copy of a document with the classes you took and your grades (the marksheet?) and put it in an envelope and seal the back with their stamp. If they don't normally do this, perhaps you can persuade whoever is writing the certificate of completion for you to do this for you (they should have access to the records to write the certificate of completion anyway)? You may be pleasantly surprised!
...... worth starting a new thread for?

Hope that helps!
Dear OhCanadiana

I am a regular visitor to this forum...but hardly post anything. Recently started to do this ::) With your experience and suggestions, I would like to have a clear picture on the following issues (though you have already discussed for few) -

(1) Original transcript in an university sealed envelope (or in an envelope rubber sealed by that university) - I would like to have more clarification regarding the term 'Original Transcript'. I am aware that it is a consolidated marks sheet for the whole number of years that you have studied for a particular degree / course.
* Do we have to send this original paper / certificate under sealed envelope from university.
**OR we have to get the photocopy of this original certificate, get the attestation done by university Dean / Principal or Registrar with the university seal (something like notary by an advocate) and get it packed in an envelope with University rubber stamp all over.
*** OR we have to request the university for one more Original transcript (actually duplicate) and get it in an University sealed envelope. :eek: ??? :-\ . Of course... any of these options will have to be followed as per the regulations and fees.
Does this apply to the spouse also??

(2) Proof of Fund - If the funds (bank a/c or FDs) are in spouse name AND I am not a joint a/c holder...then can we show this as PoF??

We are waiting for the IELTS certificate. We will be able to submit the application only after the above clarifications.

Thanks in advance.....
Cheers

iram1

Star Member
Aug 22, 2010
hi seniors
i want to know that as i have heard from many people who are in canada that canada does not accept female cooks from pakistan ,only those female cooks are granted visas who have experience from very high ,well reputed restaurant or hotel like pc,seerena, marriot, merry inn etc etc...many people say that it is difficult to justify to visa officer that female cook is working in any local restaurant...no doubt in that restaurant only i was one female and all others are male...and someone was saying that being only one female cook canada can denies to my application of cook... but i have experience from a local restaurant and i have been worked there for 4 years and for last one year i am not working there...
what they will do with my application
plz shed some light over it
regards regards

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil04_10 said:
Dear OhCanadiana

I am a regular visitor to this forum...but hardly post anything. Recently started to do this ::) With your experience and suggestions, I would like to have a clear picture on the following issues (though you have already discussed for few) -
Welcome to the posting world!

anil04_10 said:
(1) Original transcript in an university sealed envelope (or in an envelope rubber sealed by that university) - I would like to have more clarification regarding the term 'Original Transcript'. I am aware that it is a consolidated marks sheet for the whole number of years that you have studied for a particular degree / course.
* Do we have to send this original paper / certificate under sealed envelope from university.
**OR we have to get the photocopy of this original certificate, get the attestation done by university Dean / Principal or Registrar with the university seal (something like notary by an advocate) and get it packed in an envelope with University rubber stamp all over.
*** OR we have to request the university for one more Original transcript (actually duplicate) and get it in an University sealed envelope. :eek: ??? :-\ . Of course... any of these options will have to be followed as per the regulations and fees.
Does this apply to the spouse also??
The last option - "have to request the university for one more Original transcript (actually duplicate) and get it in an University sealed envelope"
TIP: consider getting 2 copies so you can open the one you are NOT sending and use it to get the translation (that way you are sure you are translating the same thing as formats do change over time)

anil04_10 said:
(2) Proof of Fund - If the funds (bank a/c or FDs) are in spouse name AND I am not a joint a/c holder...then can we show this as PoF??
I don't recall any rules saying the funds have to belong to the principal applicant. However, some visa offices do have specific requirements that do vary so check the website and specific instructions for your visa office. However, if you are applying to immigrate together and your wife agrees I would imagine you most likely can - consider sending in a letter from your wife authorizing the use of the funds for your immigration if you want to avoid any questions.

anil04_10 said:
We are waiting for the IELTS certificate. We will be able to submit the application only after the above clarifications.

Thanks in advance.....
Cheers
Good luck! Hope this helps.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iram1 said:
hi seniors
i want to know that as i have heard from many people who are in canada that canada does not accept female cooks from pakistan ,only those female cooks are granted visas who have experience from very high ,well reputed restaurant or hotel like pc,seerena, marriot, merry inn etc etc...many people say that it is difficult to justify to visa officer that female cook is working in any local restaurant...no doubt in that restaurant only i was one female and all others are male...and someone was saying that being only one female cook canada can denies to my application of cook... but i have experience from a local restaurant and i have been worked there for 4 years and for last one year i am not working there...
what they will do with my application
plz shed some light over it
regards regards
If meet the requirements and have the necessary proof (e.g., experience letters, etc) you should be eligible. The rules are very clearly defined by the CIC -- gender is neither a qualifier nor dis-qualifier. Take a look at the instructions available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp, which will guide you step by step through determining your eligibility and then through the application process.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edidigit said:
Don't be confused. The copy mentioned in front of the number 12 of CIO checklist does not refer to the documents included but refer to the 2 document checklists. It means as it is stated send these 2 documents checklist copies (CIO checklist should be cover page) to CIO. All the documents mention in both checklist should be included in the package send to the CIO as stated either original or notarized copy except PCC.

I hope this one help. I send an email to CHC of my country and they mention the same thing to me.
Exactly!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammaartahir said:
but would they (CIO) send all the sent documents to the VO on their own???
mrbaig said:
I think this confusion can be solved by:
When we send documents to CIO then what happens if our application is successful and ready for VO, say London.
Do we need to:
a) re-send application forms & documents @ VO OR
b) If required to send documents only then which documents. May be at this time we need to send in all original documents.

Question: Does CIO directly send full application package to VO and we dont need to send application forms & photo copies again.
If approved, the CIO will forward the application to the visa office - per the backgrounder, operation bulletin, and OP-6.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Dear ohcanadiana,
In booklet op6 it is mentioned that "a signed statement to the effect that the information provided is complete and accurate" is required.
what does it mean? how should i provide them this document? Should i have to write down a statement and then notarized it by a notary public just like statutory declaration
?
We noticed that too! There is a statement to that effect in the declaration of Schedule 1. However, you could write and then sign a simple statement to that effect on IMM0008 and sign it to ensure it's there ;) Necessary? Likely not, but you will sleep better at night!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
issacmathews said:
Hi OhCanadiana,

Please help me on this issue. I am a Canadian preparing an application for my brother in New Zealand. His visa office is Sydney, Australia.

As you know new regulation regarding skilled worker immigration to Canada need police clearance certificate (PCC) directly to Nova Scotia, Canada visa processing centre. But Police clearance certificate application found on Australia visa office website instruct New Zealand police to send the police certificate directly to Canadian Embassy at Sydney Australia.

Any thoughts on how to get police clearance certificate directly from New Zealand police to my brother in New Zealand, so he could send it to Nova Scotia, Canada visa processing centre for their initial review / processing. New Zealand police won't even respond to phone calls based on this PCC , Any other alternative to solve this issue?
I truly appreciate the way share you expertise on this subject.

thanks
Issac mathews
Hi Isaac! New Zealand is one of those exception countries. Don't worry ... the CIC is fully aware as you can see at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp:

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants aged 17 or older must provide a police certificate. However, the certificate will be released directly to the Canadian Consulate in Sydney, Australia.
Simply have your brother get the PCC and have it send directly to the consulate. Think positive: the good news is that they will definitely get it within 3 months of the PCC being issued!

Also, please note that the latest instructions indicate that you should NOT send the PCC to Nova Scotia so you have that to fall back on too.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj chandigarh said:
do we need to send police verification certificate along with the initial application???? ??? ???
Please see my post at: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t45808.0.html;msg378815#msg378815

issacmathews

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto , CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-4-2010
Dear OhCanadiana & Hasib ,

I truly appreciate your help. Great KARMA guys, that’s all I could say …..

__ issac

sesh136

Aug 2, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2010
Dear OhCanadiana ,
I'm very upset :( , i send my application on april 28, 2010
to :

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
P.O BOX 7500
Sydney,NS B1P 0A9
canada

today i got all my documents back from CIO, they are saying that
"You did not indicate the Visa Office requested for the process of your application. Please note: Sydeny - CIO is not valid selection."

wat does it mean ??

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
sesh136 said:
Dear OhCanadiana ,
I'm very upset :( , i send my application on april 28, 2010
to :
..... saying that
"You did not indicate the Visa Office requested for the process of your application. Please note: Sydeny - CIO is not valid selection." wat does it mean ??
Dear sesh136

It's bad... I am very sorry for that.

But it seems you filled it wrong. In the main PR application form (0008 Generic).... just above serial # 1, there is a box to be filled in "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" I suppose you filled Sydney / Nova Scotia or left the box blank!!! You have to fill your local country Visa office...from where you are supposed to get the medicals/visa and have to send the passports. Like if you from /residing /working in India...then New Delhi.....or in case of Egypt, then Cairo etc. Hope you got it...

If you are in the NEW NOC just correct the details and send the bunch... :-X ....... BUT remember to go through the checklist again. There are lot of changes in the new procedure as compared to the old one (pre and post June 26, 2010).

All the best.
Cheers, Anil

AND I think you have not mentioned one more point raised by CIO (that you did in other threads)
2."Please review your NOC for eligibility assessment."

This means that either your NOC doesn't match your job profile / duties OR may be you are scoring less than 67 points (which is mandatory).
Moreover, NOC 0213 isn't accepted anymore. Sorry sesh :'(

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
my govt organisation is not forwarding ???? my application to my college for transcript as they are stating that as per rule no transcript can be issued for immigration purposes....i cannot ask college principal for any assisstance as they are also governed under the same rule as my college is a part of our medical institution...i have an original transcript...but is the old one bit torn....what should i doooo??