+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Letter Templates

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Hello Friends,

We are starting this thread to address the need of sample Letters required over the course Express Entry application process.

Over the course of time it will be updated with all the required letters format. Please feel free to suggest any new letters that need to be included in this thread.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Very Generic Template to know current application status through Web CSE:

Hi Team,

I had applied for Canadian Permanent Visa under FSW Outland Express Entry Program on YYYY-MM-DD.

The last change on my Application was made on YYYY-MM-DD, when my Medicals were Passed. After this, the status has not changed in the last two months.

I would like to know if there is a way to know the current status of my application and/or if there is any action required at my end.

Regards,

<Your Name/Signature>

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Template for writing an email to CIC after completion of 6 months timeline:

Hi Team,

Thank you for relentlessly working on our Permanent Residence applications. We appreciate the hard work and effort you guys put in.

My name is <Your full name>. I had applied for Canadian Permanent Visa under FSW Outland Express Entry Program on YYYY-MM-DD. Further details about my application to process this request are given below:

Applicant Information

Name of applicant: <LastName>, <FirstName> (primary applicant)
Email address: <registered email id>
Date of Application: YYYY-MM-DD
DOB of applicant: YYYY-MM-DD
Country of birth: India
Primary Applicant Client ID number: 0000000000
Secondary Applicant Client ID number: 0000000000
File number: E000000000
Type of application: Permanent Residence (applied online) - Express Entry

I was intimated through my CIC Account dashboard that the Background Check on my application was initiated on YYYY-MM-DD. That was the last change on my Application.
As my application has passed six months and it has been almost two months since the Background Check I wanted to proactively check if there was any other recent update OR if any action was required/expected at my end.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards,

<Your Name/Signature>

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Template for enquiring unusually long delay for Security OR any other process to start. Basically, if your file remains untouched for long and your application has passed 6 months:

Hi Team,

Thank you for relentlessly working on our Permanent Residence applications. We appreciate the hard work and effort you guys put in.

My name is <Your full name>. I had applied for Canadian Permanent Visa under FSW Outland Express Entry Program on YYYY-MM-DD. Further details about my application to process this request are given below:

Applicant Information

I was intimated through my CIC Account dashboard that the Background Check on my application was initiated on YYYY-MM-DD. That was the last change on my Application.
However, when I called IRCC help-desk today I learnt that everything on the application looked all right but for the Security Check, that is yet to start. I could not help but feel intrigued to know the reason for such an unusually long delay in initiation of Security Check.
Earlier, when I had checked about the status of my application for a couple of times, I was told that everything looked in order and no other information or action was needed at my end. I wonder if everything was in place, what could have caused this huge gap between now and the last time my file was touched. Please suggest if any action at my end could speed up the process.

Looking forward to receiving a response from you.

Regards,

<Your Name/Signature>

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Template of letter to ex-employer requesting for a reference letter (not the format of reference letter itself).

Hi <Name of HR Rep.>,

My name is <Your Full Name> from <current location (city) >, who had worked with <previous employer name> between <MM, YYYY> and <MM, YYYY> as an <last designation> under the Employee ID <employee id>. I am in the process of trying for a PR Visa to Canada for better career prospects.

As a requirement, I am asked to produce a reference letter from my existing as well as previous employers. To read more about this requirement please refer to the section “Proof of Work Experience” on this link. For your convenience, an excerpt from the page is given below for your reference.

I thus request you to kindly arrange to issue me a letter of reference – as per the attached format (DFA is attached as a docx file for your ready reference).

Please note, the letter is required to be printed in the Company’s letter head in duplicate and signed and stamped. I request you to kindly forward the documents by post / courier to the address below:

<Your Full Name>

<Your Communication Address>

A soft copy of the scanned letter as above may also please be mailed to <your email address>, to enable me to forward the soft copies to CIC Canada along with my application for PR Visa.

Alternatively, I can even have it collected from <Employer Name> office at its <closest branch/office (if any and if convenient)>, once ready.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

<Your Name/Signature>

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Experts,

Could you please let me know if there is any standard format for LOE ? can you please share any sample LOE ?

Thank you in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes please follow this Thread to get an idea about LOE templates . Don’t forget to modify it as per your needs.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sample-loe-format.571421/
This is the most inaccurate advice. Each company has its own format. Also, each format is based on your individual circumstances. Merely copying the formats will land you in troubled waters and raise doubts on the authenticity of your profile.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
This is the most inaccurate advice. Each company has its own format. Also, each format is based on your individual circumstances. Merely copying the formats will land you in troubled waters and raise doubts on the authenticity of your profile.
I completely agree, it’s for them to have an idea because most of the times people are completely clueless about where to start and the content of the letter. It is definitely not for anyone to copy and use but to get and idea and then make changes as per their own requirement which is what I have mentioned there . Please advise any changes to that.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Format to request VO change after receiving PPR from a different VO. Courtesy @tobs

Good day Madam/Sir,

Please I'd like to request a change of the VFS for submission of passports from the VFS in India to the VFS in xxxx, zzzz for onward transmission to Canadian Visa office yyyyyy.
I'm currently living in zzzzz and the VFS in xxxxx has refused to accept the passports for submission to the visa office in New Delhi, insisting on a change of location to yyyyy.

I would appreciate an updated passport request letter to reflect a passport submission to yyyyy and not New Delhi.

I appreciate your help.

Reactions: tobs

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Hello Seniors,

Great thread.. I need to know how to prove work experience for a lawyer in India who is practicing on his own and one who is working with another lawyer.

Thanks in Advance.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Courtesy @tobs

To request a PPR from NDVO

Subject: Application Approved, Exceeded 6 months but no Ready for Visa Email.

Email body:

Good day Madam/Sir,

I'm a Permanent Residency applicant, under the Express entry, Federal Skilled Workers program. My application details are at the end of this mail.
I was told by an officer at IRCC when I called to inquire about my application status that my file was approved on xxxxx, but I've not received the Ready for Visa letter (passport request e-mail).

I'll like to know if you my application file is currently with you at the New Delhi office and if you can help with sending/resending the RFV letter, although I doubt I missed it as I constantly check my emails and online account for any updates.
I am looking forward to your response.

My Application details

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Courtesy @tobs

To request a PPR from NDVO

Subject: Application Approved, Exceeded 6 months but no Ready for Visa Email.

Email body:

Good day Madam/Sir,

I'm a Permanent Residency applicant, under the Express entry, Federal Skilled Workers program. My application details are at the end of this mail.
I was told by an officer at IRCC when I called to inquire about my application status that my file was approved on xxxxx, but I've not received the Ready for Visa letter (passport request e-mail).

I'll like to know if you my application file is currently with you at the New Delhi office and if you can help with sending/resending the RFV letter, although I doubt I missed it as I constantly check my emails and online account for any updates.
I am looking forward to your response.

My Application details

I was looking for this link when people were asking me this morning. Can you post it on the June, July and August threads?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hello Seniors,

Great thread.. I need to know how to prove work experience for a lawyer in India who is practicing on his own and one who is working with another lawyer.

Thanks in Advance.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

If you have worked under someone else, it would be the same as an employment.

Reactions: preet14