+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample LOE format

Apr 2, 2018
I know many were asking for a sample format for the LOE so I thought I should upload mine. Here is a format of LOE that we attached with our application. We wanted to address POF points so the letter is geared to address that. It might not be much helpful but I thought this could give you an idea/start. Thanks and best wishes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 00/00/0000

To,

The Immigration Officer,

IRCC, Government of Canada,

Canada.

Subject: Letter of explanation for Express Entry-FSW application (Application no.)

Dear Officer,

I want to thank you for the invitation to apply for the Permanent Residency received 1th May 2018 under the Express Entry-FSW stream. I have uploaded all the required documents on the CIC web portal. A detailed list of all the attached documents can be found in the Appendix I.

For our settlement in Canada, I will be bringing in $00000 CAD in settlement funds to support me and my accompanying spouse. I usually transfer my savings to my wife who then transfers our monthly savings from her bank account [bank name] into her savings account (bank name, account number:00000000). My spouse(name of spouse) is currently the sole account holder of the [Bank name] account. The ‘Proof of Means of Financial Support’ section in application includes all our bank details along with following documents:

· The last 6 months’ statements of her bank name Savings account,

· Bank account verification letter and,

· Screen shot of the account home page with full account number displayed.

· Letter signed by my wife stating no objection from her to use the funds from her account for our settlement in Canada.

Additionally, I have provided a detailed explanation (Table 1) and additional supporting documents (Appendix II) for all deposits in our salary accounts > USD$000.00 from last 6 months. This excludes our payroll deposits and the transactions that happened between me and my accompanying spouse. Recently, I closed two of my credit card accounts and have attached the account closing letters below (Appendix II). Me and my wife solemnly declare that we have not borrowed any money for our settlement in Canada and all the deposits in our accounts come from our payroll/savings.

Sincerely,

[Primary Applicant] [accompanying spouse]
+1-000-000-0000 +1-000-000-0000
xyz@gmail.com xyz@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------The forum would not let me post a pic so I have mentioned all the columns from our table. We thought table format was much easier to read than paragraphs.
Columns as below:--------------------

Table 1: Summary of deposits > $000 in our salary accounts

(Bank Name)

(Account holder's name)

(Account number)

(Transaction date (dd/mm))

(Page No.from Proof of Financial Means document)

(Description as on Statement)

(Transaction Amount (USD)) : USD$000.00

(Source of Funds): [explain in short]

(Additional Supporting Documents (Appendix II)): Bulleted list of supporting documents you want to attach

(Additional information about the transaction): [Explain in detail]

-------------------------The following list will be different for everyone. This is just a sample ------------------------

APPENDIX I: DOCUMENTS ATTACHED WITH MAIN APPLICATION

Primary Applicant – [Applicants name]

A) Passport/Travel Documents

1) Passport​

2) Valid Visa from old passport​

B) Marriage License/Certificate

1) Marriage Certificate​

C) Police Certificate: USA

1) FBI PCC from USA​

D) Police Certificate: India

1) Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2) Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

E) Proof of Medical Exam

1) E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

F) Education (Diplomas/Records)

1) IELTS Report​

2) WES Report​

3) Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]​

4) Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]​

5) Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]​

6) Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

G) Employment Records

1) Official Employment letter from Employer​

2) Last 6 months paystubs​

H) Proof of Means of financial Support

1) No objection Certificate from [spouse name] for the use of Funds from her account​

[applicant name] Bank Details

2) [Bank name] – Account Summary Letter​

3) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

4) [Bank name]- Screen shot of Account Home page​

5) [Bank name] - Account Summary Letter​

6) [Bank name] - Last 6 months bank statements.​

[spouse name] Bank Details

7) [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

8) [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

9) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

10) [Bank name]– Account Summary Letter​

11) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

I) Digital Photo

1) Digital Photo for [applicant name]​

Supporting Documents – [Accompanying spouse name](Accompanying spouse)

A) Police Certificate USA

1) FBI PCC from USA​

B) Police Certificate: INDIA

1) Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2) Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

C) Passport/Travel Documents

1) Passport​

2) Valid Visa from old passport​

D) Proof of Medical Exam

1) E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

E) Education (diplomas/degrees)

1) IELTS Report​

2) WES Report​

3) Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]

4) Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]

5) Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]

6) Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

F) Employment Records

1) Official Employment letter from Employer​

2) Last 6 months paystubs​

G) Digital Photo

1) Digital Photo for [spouse name]​

------------In Appendix II we attached the documents that we had mentioned in the table and other documents we felt will strengthen our case-------------

APPENDIX II: ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (Attached below)

A) [Document 1]

B) [Document 2]

C) [Document 3]

D) [Document 4]

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
All that? I just sent a word document with a few bullet points explaining some issues like my last name difference, exchange rate and distance learning. Not even one page.

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hi,

I am writing a LOE for my address history, in the last 10 years I have mostly lived in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore for work and studies.

But on passport and all other documents (PCC) I have maintained my permanent address (Assam)

Firstly, do I have to write a LOE explaining that I have lived across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore for work and education, however my current and only permanent address is the one that is mentioned on the passport (Assam)

And if it is advisable to submit one, please let me know if the below content is OK

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is with respect to my Express Entry-FSW application no. xxxxx

Kindly note my current and permanent address is as per my passport and same is consistent across all my documents including the PCC, POF, ETC.

In the last 10 years I have temporarily lived in other cities within India for education and employment excluding the gap years (as mentioned in my employment and education history) while I was unemployed. I have mentioned the same in my address history. However this is to clarify that my permanent address has remained the same as mentioned on my passport through out these years and consistent across all other documents.

Thanks

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I am writing a LOE for my address history, in the last 10 years I have mostly lived in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore for work and studies.

But on passport and all other documents (PCC) I have maintained my permanent address (Assam)

Firstly, do I have to write a LOE explaining that I have lived across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore for work and education, however my current and only permanent address is the one that is mentioned on the passport (Assam)

And if it is advisable to submit one, please let me know if the below content is OK

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is with respect to my Express Entry-FSW application no. xxxxx

Kindly note my current and permanent address is as per my passport and same is consistent across all my documents including the PCC, POF, ETC.

In the last 10 years I have temporarily lived in other cities within India for education and employment excluding the gap years (as mentioned in my employment and education history) while I was unemployed. I have mentioned the same in my address history. However this is to clarify that my permanent address has remained the same as mentioned on my passport through out these years and consistent across all other documents.

Thanks
Why you need to write in LoE when they have provided you form for address history in pr application. Just fill that. Unnecessary explanations not needed

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Why you need to write in LoE when they have provided you form for address history in pr application. Just fill that. Unnecessary explanations not needed
Thanks for the revert, the thing is I haven't lived in my permanent address (at all) in the last 10 years except a gap year. 5 Years education in Delhi and Bangalore. And 5 Years employment in Mumbai. My concern is; will this create any issue (or any back and forth) because across all my documents including the PCC i have mentioned my permanent address.

PS: What exactly is the purpose of address history, my PCC had no mention of the cities within India I have lived in.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for the revert, the thing is I haven't lived in my permanent address (at all) in the last 10 years except a gap year. 5 Years education in Delhi and Bangalore. And 5 Years employment in Mumbai. My concern is; will this create any issue (or any back and forth) because across all my documents including the PCC i have mentioned my permanent address.

PS: What exactly is the purpose of address history, my PCC had no mention of the cities within India I have lived in.
Your PCC covers entire country and is not specific to your city, so you are thinking it all wrongly here. Just mention all addresses in address history form, employment in work history and last 10 years of history in personal history form including unemployment.

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
There is no requirement from IRCC to upload address proofs.
Thanks, this is such a relief, although super confused about everything i am so close to the application deadline and still struggling with the documents, good thing you guys are here for all the help and advice!

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
@hope2018 This is off this topic, but can you please help with the below query??

1. I have a FD which is borderline 6 months old (created on 22nd Feb 2018) and I am planning to submit my ITA application by Sep 1st Week 2018
  2. I got a bank letter on bank letterhead as below; is this OK? The bank letter does not mention my FD number, however it does mention my savings account number, should this be OK? I had the savings account since 2013 and the letter did not mention the FD opening date.
  3. I will also include a color scanned copy of the FD
  4. Should I include six months FD statement?
  5. Should I include savings bank account statement for six months?
  6. I am also planning to attach my salary slips for six months as supporting documents, is it fine
  7. I received the bank letter in below format with the below details, is this OK?

TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN
This letter is to certify that Mr. XXX, resident of XXXXX and holder of Indian passport XXXXXX has been maintaining saving bank account number XXXXX with State Bank Of India, Branch DIBRUGARH BAZAR, since____ 2013 and he holds fixed deposits AND saving funds with the bank of approximately XXXX which is equivalent to Canadian Dollars XXXX in our account books at the close of business today on______ 2018. It is also to certify that these funds are fully free of any liens, debts and/or encumbrances and are maintained and available for immediate transfer as of________2018. This certificate is issued at the request of customer.

Bank manager sign & seal

Please let me know if the above documents will suffice
Thanks in advance;

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
also is it mandatory to mention the average balance for the last six months in the bank letter, or the closing balance is fine? Do you think I should request the bank manager to issue another letter with the additional info?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
@hope2018 This is off this topic, but can you please help with the below query??

1. I have a FD which is borderline 6 months old (created on 22nd Feb 2018) and I am planning to submit my ITA application by Sep 1st Week 2018
  2. I got a bank letter on bank letterhead as below; is this OK? The bank letter does not mention my FD number, however it does mention my savings account number, should this be OK? I had the savings account since 2013 and the letter did not mention the FD opening date.
  3. I will also include a color scanned copy of the FD
  4. Should I include six months FD statement?
  5. Should I include savings bank account statement for six months?
  6. I am also planning to attach my salary slips for six months as supporting documents, is it fine
  7. I received the bank letter in below format with the below details, is this OK?

TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN
This letter is to certify that Mr. XXX, resident of XXXXX and holder of Indian passport XXXXXX has been maintaining saving bank account number XXXXX with State Bank Of India, Branch DIBRUGARH BAZAR, since____ 2013 and he holds fixed deposits AND saving funds with the bank of approximately XXXX which is equivalent to Canadian Dollars XXXX in our account books at the close of business today on______ 2018. It is also to certify that these funds are fully free of any liens, debts and/or encumbrances and are maintained and available for immediate transfer as of________2018. This certificate is issued at the request of customer.

Bank manager sign & seal

Please let me know if the above documents will suffice
Thanks in advance;
It looks good if you can just get FD number added as well as six months average balance on the bank letter. It will avoid the need for you to attach statements and FD receipt.

Salary stubs as supporting is fine. Even bank statements provide transparency so nothing wrong in it but both of these are not mandatory. It's good to have.

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
It looks good if you can just get FD number added as well as six months average balance on the bank letter. It will avoid the need for you to attach statements and FD receipt.

Salary stubs as supporting is fine. Even bank statements provide transparency so nothing wrong in it but both of these are not mandatory. It's good to have.
Thank you so much, so I requested the Branch Manager to re-issue the letter, but he refused, so now I am going ahead with the Letter + FD receipt and both salary account and FD statements + salary slips for the last six months, LOL, I hope this should be fine? .. Going to try once more to convince him to issue a fresh letter though, thanks so much :)