+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Letter Templates

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Thank You soo much..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

If you have worked under someone else, it would be the same as an employment.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Hey Guys,

Can anyone please let me know what is the requirement of PR relative living in Canada.
As In My case:

I received my PR in September 2017 and landed in Canada in November 2017. Lived their with relatives so no utility bill or mortgage lease etc. Worked there till October 2018 and came back home in November 2018.
Now I am going to Canada in May this year and going to rent a place there.

My brothers are filing their case now their scores are 440+ so I am hoping for their files to be selected in upcoming draws. So to claim relative point what is the requirement like

1. Do I have to be living in canada when they submit their EE applications or do I have to be living in Canada when they submit their PR File after draw.

2. How to prove my living status in canada when I don't have any utility bill apart from Mobile number that is currently suspended.

3. Will this 6 months stay out of Canada will cause any issue in their point claim?

4. Do I have to be strictly in canada when they submit their files both EE profile and PR File?

Thanks for your guidance and help in advance...

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hey Guys,

Can anyone please let me know what is the requirement of PR relative living in Canada.
As In My case:

I received my PR in September 2017 and landed in Canada in November 2017. Lived their with relatives so no utility bill or mortgage lease etc. Worked there till October 2018 and came back home in November 2018.
Now I am going to Canada in May this year and going to rent a place there.

My brothers are filing their case now their scores are 440+ so I am hoping for their files to be selected in upcoming draws. So to claim relative point what is the requirement like

1. Do I have to be living in canada when they submit their EE applications or do I have to be living in Canada when they submit their PR File after draw.

2. How to prove my living status in canada when I don't have any utility bill apart from Mobile number that is currently suspended.

3. Will this 6 months stay out of Canada will cause any issue in their point claim?

4. Do I have to be strictly in canada when they submit their files both EE profile and PR File?

Thanks for your guidance and help in advance...
You will get all your answers under
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points), here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

& Here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relatives-how-to-document-that.73719/

However to answer your questions quickly:

1. Yes
2. You should go to Canada first, get these documents and then have them file these. You would ideally need the most recent documents in order to prove you are currently in Canada. Alternate ways to prove your residency in Canada when you are not, are not recommended.
3. Yes
4. Yes

@cansha @sid1987 @tobs any other suggestions?

Reactions: preet14 and tobs

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Thank You so much for your response and links :)

I just need few clarifications::

Can they submit their express entry profile while I am out of Canada?

I will be in Canada when they will be submitting their PR Files.

I will be submitting my tax return in April can that be used as my proof of residency? Or I can get a rent deed for the proof? They will need the document when they will submit their PR File and at that time the document will be genuine as I will be actually living in Canada at that time.

I mean someone might have to go out of Canada due to some personal reasons. That does not mean a sibling cannot claim points for that when the PR is actually living and working in Canada and is out of Canada for a short period of time.

You will get all your answers under
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points), here:

& Here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relatives-how-to-document-that.73719/

However to answer your questions quickly:

1. Yes
2. You should go to Canada first, get these documents and then have them file these. You would ideally need the most recent documents in order to prove you are currently in Canada. Alternate ways to prove your residency in Canada when you are not, are not recommended.
3. Yes
4. Yes

@cansha @sid1987 @tobs any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prashant86_2000

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Thank You so much for your response and links :)

I just need few clarifications::

Can they submit their express entry profile while I am out of Canada?

I will be in Canada when they will be submitting their PR Files.

I will be submitting my tax return in April can that be used as my proof of residency? Or I can get a rent deed for the proof? They will need the document when they will submit their PR File and at that time the document will be genuine as I will be actually living in Canada at that time.

I mean someone might have to go out of Canada due to some personal reasons. That does not mean a sibling cannot claim points for that when the PR is actually living and working in Canada and is out of Canada for a short period of time.
As mentioned in the second link, any of the given below proofs should work.

include copies of:
• Lease agreements [Rental Contracts],
• A current Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada,
• An Employer's Letter confirming employment,
• Monthly Utility Bills [Telephone, Mobile, Cable, Gas etc.].

Note:
As long as any of these evidence show the your "name" and "full address" in Canada and you have someone at the address to acknowledge you live there, it should be good.

Please understand your being in Canada too is as important. Merely, having the PR is not enough. However emergencies should be fine. It should not be OK if you aren't present in Canada when they apply, or after in case of emergency.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: preet14

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Thank you so much..
As mentioned in the second link, any of the given below proofs should work.

include copies of:
• Lease agreements [Rental Contracts],
• A current Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada,
• An Employer's Letter confirming employment,
• Monthly Utility Bills [Telephone, Mobile, Cable, Gas etc.].

Note:
As long as any of these evidence show the your "name" and "full address" in Canada and you have someone at the address to acknowledge you live there, it should be good.

Please understand your being in Canada too is as important. Merely, having the PR is not enough. However emergencies should be fine. It should not be OK if you aren't present in Canada when they apply, or after in case of emergency.

Hope that helps.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi. In my express entry profile, I put in an amount on the funds that I have like $19,340 because I have two children. But I already have a job waiting for me there (complete with LMIA and job contract). Do I still need to show proof of funds or would the LMIA and job contract suffice? Thanks.