LANDED..........
December, 2016
REPOST:

dev_123

Re: Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
« Reply #3296 on: March 17, 2017, 03:19:24 am »

My concern is as follows, if one can help me:-
Hi..

Can anyone explain the meaning of statement like "Please send PFL LETTER and PCC" on GCMS NOTES.
I know the PCC but can't understand the "PFL LETTER".

PLEASE, WAITING FOR YOUR INPUT.

THANK YOU.

medhat salem

Apr 28, 2017
mikeramma said:
Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers’ Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers’ Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men’s Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women’s Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

dsabri

Apr 5, 2012
Moderators please delete if not allowed. This is not an ad by any means.

me and my wife immigrated from Pakistan almost 8 years ago to Toronto and now are in Winnipeg, she being a seasoned recruiter has loads of experience is helping people finding jobs and have been getting a lot of personal messages lately from other 'soon to be immigrants' and have now developed a Facebook page to help them, she recently recorded a video about Canadian job market from an outsiders perspective; and have another session this Saturday for resume writing.

As we went through this forum zillion times to find answers for us, I thought this it the best possible way propagate this. Feel free to join in the live session. there is no cost. We just want to help people looking to move to Canada OR who have already moved and going thorough that social anxiety that we all face.

Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/wiseupaboutyourcareer/
event is pinned to the top or you can find it on left corner in 'Events' section

we have tried to boost this post in Pakistan and India but to less effect because the demographics are so widely spread. Feel free to share this link with anyone you think can benefit.

Sadaf Ali

Jul 20, 2017
Moderators please delete if not allowed. This is not an ad by any means.

me and my wife immigrated from Pakistan almost 8 years ago to Toronto and now are in Winnipeg, she being a seasoned recruiter has loads of experience is helping people finding jobs and have been getting a lot of personal messages lately from other 'soon to be immigrants' and have now developed a Facebook page to help them, she recently recorded a video about Canadian job market from an outsiders perspective; and have another session this Saturday for resume writing.

As we went through this forum zillion times to find answers for us, I thought this it the best possible way propagate this. Feel free to join in the live session. there is no cost. We just want to help people looking to move to Canada OR who have already moved and going thorough that social anxiety that we all face.

Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/wiseupaboutyourcareer/
event is pinned to the top or you can find it on left corner in 'Events' section

we have tried to boost this post in Pakistan and India but to less effect because the demographics are so widely spread. Feel free to share this link with anyone you think can benefit.
I am from Pakistan but living in Malaysia. Can I PM you to discuss my issue?
P.S. I don't use Facebook.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey all. What do the terms "outland" and "inland" mean? I have seen them around in these forums. Does outland mean you are applying from outside Canada, and inland when you are already inside Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey all. What do the terms "outland" and "inland" mean? I have seen them around in these forums. Does outland mean you are applying from outside Canada, and inland when you are already inside Canada?
It specifically refers to the spousal sponsorship process. There's an 'applying within' and 'applying outside' of Canada process. You can be anywhere an apply outland. To apply inland - both the applicant and sponsor must be physically in Canada.

Reactions: trumprefugee

s.ali88

Jul 21, 2017
Hyderabad India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-12-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
what is IP 1, IP2 etc just before ppr. if it means the updates in express entry cic login, then my updates did not change at all then how did i get ppr email?

haroonrao

Aug 6, 2017
wao amazing

once I started to follow the blogs, I was wondering why people are using these acronyms what I don't know.

thanks,

s.ali88

Jul 21, 2017
Hyderabad India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-12-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017

muskan786

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Hi Experts

Please help me regarding my PR application. I am applying from Pakistan.I have two questions.I don't have my son's Passport copy to attach with PR application because I already applied for work permit and submitted original passport to visa centre.By mistake I forgot to keep the copy of his passport. And second is my IELTS certificate is lost but still valid for 1 year. According to British Council they would not send me certificate again in pakistan but they can send to other country's immigration office upon my request.

So my question is can I send my application to CIC along with 2 cover letters explaining my situation and then send passport copy and Ielts certificate later.

thanks

Ehsaan EA

Dec 9, 2017
Hello guys, I have a question. I have done my bachelor's in Electrical engineering from Pakistan. I am planning to do masters from UK in electrical engineering. What are the chances that I will be granted Immigration in Canada?

Reactions: Rhuforce