+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating as Self-Employed, is there a specification on supporting documents?

Vanjaklc

Oct 26, 2017
Hello Guys, a quick glance at my application on CIC and it still states in progress. However the average processing time has dropped to 26 Months (Updated 18th March).

I have also gone a step further to request GCMS notes expecting feedback by 30th March. Will probably get them after the Easter Celebration now. It is frightening how on can get AOR 1st March 2017 no movement or any form of contact 12 months and a few weeks later. Waiting is not for the feint hearted my people.
Hi! I see that you ordered GCMS notes .I am waiting for mine to come. Can you please share some info from your notes?
Like, in which stage are you currently, have you passed eligibility, etc. Thank you!

bimboajayi

Sep 23, 2016
Infact my advise would be that you contact them directly, that is 28 months, such an awful long time. write a polite mail to them, they will respond (if you haven't already done this)
i wrote them last month ,response my file is on Queue.

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi! I see that you ordered GCMS notes .I am waiting for mine to come. Can you please share some info from your notes?
Like, in which stage are you currently, have you passed eligibility, etc. Thank you!
Hello, doesnt say much to be honest, i basically just know that the file is in accra ghana, and they are reviewing.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi Brigante and Bimbo, any news on your applications?

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi Brigante and Bimbo, any news on your applications?
Hello,

So CIC contacted me 17th July, to provide updated schedule A and proof of funds. (I have a 30days window to do) as they will take a decision on my application in 30 days.

I am trying to gather the funds required for a family of 3 together now.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Congratulations are in order! Things are moving up. Didnt you submit proof of funds with your application the first time?

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Congratulations are in order! Things are moving up. Didnt you submit proof of funds with your application the first time?
Many Thanks, No i didnt submit POF with my First Application, only filled the Asset Form (Schedule 6A or so).

bimboajayi

Sep 23, 2016
Hello,

So CIC contacted me 17th July, to provide updated schedule A and proof of funds. (I have a 30days window to do) as they will take a decision on my application in 30 days.

I am trying to gather the funds required for a family of 3 together now.
same here receive the request also.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi Bimbo, what exactly did they ask you for? Did you not submit the docs earlier with your application or they just want updated ones? Please share. Cheers!

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hey Bimbo,

Aufar? any updates/progress from your end?
Still wonder whatever happened with your application after the requests as you never got back to the group nor replied my direct email...

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi I'm a music teacher. Was planning to submit soon, but just read someone's post on another thread,that one has to be world class and self employed? He posted some rejection cases, after reading, getting quite worried here. Anyone been asked for interview? He posted that he just went for interview.