+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5546E Military Service Record

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Thank you for giving me hope. I know my husband’s timeline has exceeded. Unfortunately, the local MP was unwilling to help in my case. I reached out 2 MPs but failed to get any help from them. I also called IRCC Canada but they said that they cannot access applications which was launched out of Canada. I’m getting hopeless day by day.

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
Bonjour ,
je viens solliciter une orientation concernant l'entre express pour une Mère d'un enfant de 9 ans au canada
Hello
I am here to request an orientation regarding the Express Entry for a Mother of a 9 year old child in Canada

I guess this thread won't be relevant for the needful...

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
Thank you for giving me hope. I know my husband’s timeline has exceeded. Unfortunately, the local MP was unwilling to help in my case. I reached out 2 MPs but failed to get any help from them. I also called IRCC Canada but they said that they cannot access applications which was launched out of Canada. I’m getting hopeless day by day.
HOPE is only thing in our control. I think your time is about to come soon , IA. May be a month or so maximum. Keep the spirits high. MP does not give a concrete reply in such cases. In my case he said that criminality etc is passed (this gave me lot of hope) and BG in progress. So, i must emphasize, keep looking for light at the end of tunnel, You will find one soon. Cheerz

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Thank you so much for the good wishes. I hope you get your decision soon. Everyone in this group will get their decisions soon. We just need to be patient and hopeful.

ashsense

Star Member
Aug 18, 2022
Thank you so much for the good wishes. I hope you get your decision soon. Everyone in this group will get their decisions soon. We just need to be patient and hopeful.
I hope it works out for you soon. I am in the similar boat where I applied for my father's visa who is a retired government employee. In September, it will be full 2 years since his application was submitted.
It is very frustrating that there is absolutely no transparency from Canadian High Commission in most of the cases and there is this extremely endless wait. Waiting almost 2 years for a simple visitor visa for someone who has visited most of Europe in the past does not make sense. Canada needs to really re-check and understand how insane this is.

Reactions: Bushra Toma

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Thanks for your good wishes. Do you have any idea about how to speed up the process? I heard about mandamus but don’t know about the process and expense.

Reactions: ashsense

ashsense

Star Member
Aug 18, 2022
Thanks for your good wishes. Do you have any idea about how to speed up the process? I heard about mandamus but don’t know about the process and expense.
It looks like a lawyer needs to be involved here. And whenever there is a lawyer, there is definitely big amount involved.
Imagine paying thousands of dollars for mandamus process for 300$ visitor visa.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sorry to hear that the wait time has been so long for you guys.

So for any ex army / government officers, is the wait time definitely longer than other applicants? Or is it on a case by case basis?

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
sorry to hear that the wait time has been so long for you guys.

So for any ex army / government officers, is the wait time definitely longer than other applicants? Or is it on a case by case basis?
Hi. I believe the wait time is longer for the defense/ police/ Gov. officials. I saw similar cases previously only for these particular groups. However, it depends on the cases too. For example, it took a little bit shorter for the aspiring visitors whereas longer for OWP or PR applicants. Would be grateful if others also answer to this question to clarify the situation. Thanks.

HelenBarnesz

May 15, 2024
I saw only pieces of information about request of Form imm5546E Military Service Record. That is why I will create this thread so anyone can share experience or knowledge about this topic.

In my case ADR for military service was made for secondary applicant (me), on friday. From IRCC letter, they only asked for imm5546e form, nothing else, so today I submitted the form with information, and in few days will submit additional documents with translations (military service card, discharging documents) through web form.
Kodi
If anyone had experience with ADR on military service please share. With timelines etc.

Last edited:

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi. May I know which country are you applying from? In my husband’s case (in Bangladesh) he was asked to submit IMM 5546 in October 2023. After 1 year of silence IRCC requested for another military form to be completed which was attached with the email. That being said, this form is not an IMM form but was an attachment with the email sent by IRCC. I am confused if IRCC process the military officers’ files depending on the country where they are from. All I understand it’s an endless tiring and exhausting super slow process.

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi. May I know which country are you applying from? In my husband’s case (in Bangladesh) he was asked to submit IMM 5546 in October 2022. After 1 year of silence IRCC requested for another military form to be completed which was attached with the email in October 2023. That being said, this form is not an IMM form but was an attachment with the email sent by IRCC. I am confused if IRCC process the military officers’ files depending on the country where they are from. All I understand it’s an endless tiring and exhausting super slow process.

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
Hi, in my case, it is just a visitor visa, and i ll be completing 1 year of waiting period. The timeline gets even complex, in case one has served at UN mission. I only submitted IMM 5546e. and the status shown states that additional documents provided are uploaded. I suppose it gets closer when it states uploaded documents being REVIEWED.