+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5546E Military Service Record

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi. No, my husband hasn't got any update in his application. He applied for GCMS notes to IRCC to know about the updates in February 2023 but till now he never got any reply. Recently he applied for another GCMS notes to Canadian Border Service Agency to know about his application (why it's stuck). Don't know when will this wait over!
Please let me know if you have any updates on your application. Thank you.

Parvez2233

Jul 22, 2023
Hello Bushra, is it possible to connect you anyway. My spouse has also military background and they asked to fill up detail military history form. Really worried looking at your situation. Also would like to get some advice about how to fill up the form (if you are ok)

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hello Parvez. You can text me to my WhatsApp number which is +8801730734035. I have no idea about the form but I can connect you with my husband. He's in Bangladesh. His WhatsApp number is +8801713097727. You can text him as well. His name is Murtaza. I hope I could help you. Thanks.

Parvez2233

Jul 22, 2023
Thank You for your help. I hope this ends soon and you get a decision. Just one thing, did you try to contact local MP office? Sometimes, MP office can help. They can contact IRCC and ask for information.

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Yes, I did. I contacted two MPs but they denied to help me saying that my family or the main applicant doesn't live here! If they were here why would I ask for their help! I tried every possible way to speed up the process but no luck...

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you get the decision soon, too.

manojkapri

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
@Bushra Toma , @Parvez2233 @mvk88 No updates on my case either guys. Sorry, been busy with work. Are you guys OK to be part of a WhatsApp group on this ?
Might be more easier to communicate and share our updates with each other.

if Yes, please feel free to direct message your number to me and I can initiate a group and all all of you there.

Last edited:

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi Manoj. My WhatsApp number is +8801730734035. My husband's (main applicant) number is +8801713097727. Please let me know if you initiate a WhatsApp group for all of us. BTW...is there any update on your application? My husband has got an email from IRCC Singapore two days back saying the same old thing to keep patience. Secondary clearance in being done and they will give a decision soon. Regards...

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
Hi, How much time should I expect after submission of IMM5546 please?
Country - Pakistan
Application submitted on portal (Visitor Visa) - 4 June 2023
Biometrics - 17 March 2023
Eligibility Completed - 28 July 2023
Background Check - In progress since 28 July 2023
Military Record asked - 11 September 2023 (submitted 12 September 2023)
regards

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi. There is no set timeline for the process of the application after submitting the additional document. Currently it's taking a huge time beyond imagination. Next month will mark 1 year since my husband submitted this document after IRCC requested for this. Still we are waiting for the decision. My husband reached out Singapore IRCC many times by uploading webforms but no response at all. He just got 2 emails within this 11 months stating that his secondary clearance is being done by the CBSA and CSIS. Don't have any idea when this wait time will over. For your information, my husband applied for a open work permit from Bangladesh. Thanks.

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
Hi. There is no set timeline for the process of the application after submitting the additional document. Currently it's taking a huge time beyond imagination. Next month will mark 1 year since my husband submitted this document after IRCC requested for this. Still we are waiting for the decision. My husband reached out Singapore IRCC many times by uploading webforms but no response at all. He just got 2 emails within this 11 months stating that his secondary clearance is being done by the CBSA and CSIS. Don't have any idea when this wait time will over. For your information, my husband applied for a open work permit from Bangladesh. Thanks.
May the extended waiting be over for you guys, am really grateful for response.

Pat Bond

Oct 22, 2023
Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong section. I have some questions about the imm5546e military service record form.

1) Some of the boxes have a small character limit, what have others done when the information is larger than the allocated box on the form?
2) What happens if a position covers a long time with multiple commanding officers over time? especially when you can't remember them all?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.