+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669E Schedule A question 4 part c clarification

ManFromVan

Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can kindly provide any clarification on this. I am sponsoring my spouse. Her brother applied for refugee protection last year and was accepted. Now I am sponsoring my spouse, and on this question, it asks

4- if you "the principal applicant" or any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canda ever;
c) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

Should I select "Yes" or "No"?

On the guideline, it clearly defines "Family Member" as:
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

So I presume my answer should be no as this definition does not include siblings but when I spoke with a couple of lawyers they mentioned that my answer to this question should be yes. Confusing! I appreciate your comments

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if you "the principal applicant" or any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canda ever