+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 - Schedule A

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021
Hello,

I received the below from IRCC after I submitted my application for permanent residency:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18. or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

I have 7 days from today to submit this information.

Further down below it indicates the following

Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:

1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

• If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I have found the form they are indicating here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf

Do I have to fill out the entire form or just the section around the personal history? The instructions are a bit confusing since it says "newly completed", but it only references the "personal history". Also, the number of entries I have will go over the rows they have allocated, would you recommend that I leave that section empty and just indicate "See attached"? and include say an excel sheet of the personal history?

Can I submit this information directly on the IRCC portal or as per the bullet point, I should always submit any documents post-application submission via the webform? The options are a bit confusing, in one section it says I can use the IRCC for instant updates, but further down it says I cannot use the portal.

Overall, does this normally happen where applicants are asked to provide a newly completed Schedule A? I was very detailed in my application.

Any information or pointers on this form or the web form would be appreciated! I just don't want to miss anything out and cause any further delays (especially with covid and all already delaying everything).

Thank you as always!

Al

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello,

I received the below from IRCC after I submitted my application for permanent residency:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18. or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC webform at:

I have found the form they are indicating here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf

Do I have to fill out the entire form or just the section around the personal history? The instructions are a bit confusing since it says "newly completed", but it only references the "personal history". Also, the number of entries I have will go over the rows they have allocated, would you recommend that I leave that section empty and just indicate "See attached"? and include say an excel sheet of the personal history?
Fill in the entire form just the same way you did before print it sign it by hand and scan it, if the table does not fit use external sheet as per the instructions printed on the form, do not take personal initiatives just follow the instructions besides there are plenty of vedios on YouTube on how to fill Schedule A form

Can I submit this information directly on the IRCC portal or as per the bullet point, I should always submit any documents post-application submission via the webform? The options are a bit confusing, in one section it says I can use the IRCC for instant updates, but further down it says I cannot use the portal.
Log in to your GCKEY account, next check application, next upload a document and see if there is a case holder that is active for upload ? If so use it. I am not pretty sure but here IRCC portal could refer to non GCKEY EE Application something related to inland applicants.
Overall, does this normally happen where applicants are asked to provide a newly completed Schedule A? I was very detailed in my application.
A few ppl that i have followed and were asked for ADR including Schedule A have received CoPR the next day they uploded the document but those were at the final stage, not sure about you. It could only be the R10 check either.
I hope the best for you cannot tell honestly
Any information or pointers on this form or the web form would be appreciated! I just don't want to miss anything out and cause any further delays (especially with covid and all already delaying everything).
Just make sure it is accurate and the latest form https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

[/QUOTE]
Pls keep us updated

Last edited:

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021
Fill in the entire form just the same way you did before print it sign it by hand and scan it, if the table does not fit use external sheet as per the instructions printed on the form, do not take personal initiatives just follow the instructions besides there are plenty of vedios on YouTube on how to fill Schedule A form

Log in to your GCKEY account, next check application, next upload a document and see if there is a case holder that is active for upload ? If so use it. I am not pretty sure but here IRCC portal could refer to non GCKEY EE Application something related to inland applicants.

A few ppl that i have followed and were asked for ADR including Schedule A have received CoPR the next day they uploded the document but those were at the final stage, not sure about you. It could only be the R10 check either.
I hope the best for you cannot tell honestly

Just make sure it is accurate and the latest form https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html
Pls keep us updated
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Bacelor for the detailed info, I will get started on this today! You're right! I can see the schedule A upload ability when I login to my GC account, so no need for the webform...phew!

Just one more question, on your note below:

What can I use as an "external sheet"? Can I use excel? Is there a specific form I have to use for that? I checked online and there are videos on youtube but no one of them show an example where they fill an "external sheet".

Thanks again for your help!

Al

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Pls keep us updated
Thank you very much Bacelor for the detailed info, I will get started on this today! You're right! I can see the schedule A upload ability when I login to my GC account, so no need for the webform...phew!

Just one more question, on your note below:

What can I use as an "external sheet"? Can I use excel? Is there a specific form I have to use for that? I checked online and there are videos on youtube but no one of them show an example where they fill an "external sheet".

Thanks again for your help!

Al
I think totally ok to use Excel Sheet only adopt the very same criteria/columns as if you "copied snd pasted" the table also to include full name, date, and again signature hand written on the separate page too.

One very common mistake in this form happens during statutory questionnaire , i want to stress for you :" DO NOT FORGET to mention any visa refusals for Canada or any other countries". It is important it represents a candidate truth and honesty.
Last time i tell bro don't fall in to the trap read the statutory questions carefully.

GL

Last edited:
Reactions: ayousefi

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021
I think totally ok to use Excel Sheet only adopt the very same criteria/columns as if you "copied snd pasted" the table also to include full name, date, and again signature hand written on the separate page too.

One very common mistake in this form happens during statutory questionnaire , i want to stress for you :" DO NOT FORGET to mention any visa refusals for Canada og other countries". It is important it represents a candidate truth and honesty.
Last time i tell bro don't fall in to the trap read the statutory questions carefully.

GL
Thank you so much man, you're awesome. Will do I will make sure to account for everything!

I will keep you posted on how it goes :)

Reactions: Bacelor

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021

One very common mistake in this form happens during statutory questionnaire , i want to stress for you :" DO NOT FORGET to mention any visa refusals for Canada or any other countries". It is important it represents a candidate truth and honesty.

GL
Hi again Bacelor, I am getting ready to submit the document, just one last question on the personal history.
  • Say if I was working and during my work period I took a few vacations (traveling), would I break down the work periods in the personal history and "sandwich" the traveling history in between them?
  • Also if I traveled for only a week, would the start and end year and month be the same in that case?
Thanks again for all your help, if you are reading this today, have a great long weekend as well!

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi again Bacelor, I am getting ready to submit the document, just one last question on the personal history.
  • Say if I was working and during my work period I took a few vacations (traveling), would I break down the work periods in the personal history and "sandwich" the traveling history in between them?
  • Also if I traveled for only a week, would the start and end year and month be the same in that case?
Thanks again for all your help, if you are reading this today, have a great long weekend as well!
:)
1- yes especially travelling as it appears in your passport and they might match those.
2- yes same month no other options

Have a sweet weekend

Reactions: ayousefi
Jul 20, 2021
Hello,

Thank you as always!

Al
if i need more row for my educational information, then how can i add more row?

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021
if i need more row for my educational information, then how can i add more row?
The way I did it was I mimicked exactly the form in excel, on the top I included my name and the section name of the question and at the bottom, I added my signature & date

Make sure the columns match exactly. And in the actual document indicate on the last row that more information would be on a separate sheet.

Hope this helps!

kalpanaT

Aug 18, 2021
The way I did it was I mimicked exactly the form in excel, on the top I included my name and the section name of the question and at the bottom, I added my signature & date

Make sure the columns match exactly. And in the actual document indicate on the last row that more information would be on a separate sheet.

Hope this helps!
Did you received PPR yet? How much time it is going to get the PPR after submitting the document?

Ayoubmark

Dec 3, 2021
Dear Bacelor, I am wondering about the use of excel as extra sheet. Isn't it necessary to print out the sheet and sign it manually? or is it ok to keep it in electronic format and insert an image of the signature in the file?
My understanding is to upload one file only in the file holder (on the account), which is a scan of the printed and manually signed form and additional sheets. Is that correct?
Thank you for your support.

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......

Hope this helps!
@ayousefi - After submitting the schedule A, did you get a response back from IRCC or in your cic account?
What is your current application status and timeline?

rushcrush

Jul 14, 2018
Hello,

Thank you as always!

Al

Hey how did you upload the Schedule A?
I don't see any "UPLOAD" option in my IRCC profile within my EE application. I did, however, see an option to upload updated medicals. But no option to upload Schedule A Background Declaration form IMM 5669.