19-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Hi

I'm currently trying to fill out IMM 5669, but I'm a bit lost at what to write in the Personal History part, so I really hope someone here can help me.

Here's my story: I'm from Germany. I came to Canada on a Working Holiday visa in 2013 and since 2014, I extended my stay through visitor visas and got married to my Canadian husband last year.
Now, here's the thing: I'm a freelance translator/editor and do all my work online for clients outside of Canada. From my understanding, even though I'm in Canada on a visitor visa, since I'm not working with Canadian clients or companies in Canada, this is perfectly legal. (I pay all my taxes in Germany.) However, how do I fill out that form without making it look like I'm working here illegally?
If I fill out the form saying "Activity: Translator", "Country: Canada" and "Status in country: Visitor", it'll look as if I'm working here without a permit. Should I write "online" in the "Country" column and leave the "Status in country" box blank? Should I write a more in-depth description of my personal history on a separate sheet, explaining my situation in more detail to be on the safe side? Since there's this red warning sign above the table, I'm guessing this is a very important part of the application. So I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Teekatze said:
Hi

Should I write a more in-depth description of my personal history on a separate sheet, explaining my situation in more detail to be on the safe side?
You answered your own question. Just explain it as you did here.

The red sign is to warn you to make sure you don't leave gaps in time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in nearly the identical situation when I applied. I simply created a separate sheet (labeled Appendix A, for example) and expanded on the answer.

I believe I wrote (on the form):

[Activity] Working remotely- See Appendix A [city or town or country] Canada [Status in country] Visitor [Name of employer, school...] See Appendix A

Make sure to write your full name, DOB, your sponsor's name, DOB and his/her UCI number at the top of the sheet. Also, list the form and question that this information pertains to, in case it becomes unattached to the IMM5669 form...which it eventually will. ;)

Reactions: auroradarling

Teekatze

Apr 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Thank you for the quick replies, ImABule and Ponga! That really helped a lot. :) I'll go ahead and make that extra sheet then.

CanucksSL

Jun 7, 2019
Hi

I'm currently trying to fill out IMM 5669, but I'm a bit lost at what to write in the Personal History part, so I really hope someone here can help me.

Here's my story: I'm from Germany. I came to Canada on a Working Holiday visa in 2013 and since 2014, I extended my stay through visitor visas and got married to my Canadian husband last year.
Now, here's the thing: I'm a freelance translator/editor and do all my work online for clients outside of Canada. From my understanding, even though I'm in Canada on a visitor visa, since I'm not working with Canadian clients or companies in Canada, this is perfectly legal. (I pay all my taxes in Germany.) However, how do I fill out that form without making it look like I'm working here illegally?
If I fill out the form saying "Activity: Translator", "Country: Canada" and "Status in country: Visitor", it'll look as if I'm working here without a permit. Should I write "online" in the "Country" column and leave the "Status in country" box blank? Should I write a more in-depth description of my personal history on a separate sheet, explaining my situation in more detail to be on the safe side? Since there's this red warning sign above the table, I'm guessing this is a very important part of the application. So I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.

Thank you!
I am curious on the end result of this. As we have the same exact question regarding freelance. Did they accept your explanation about freelance work ?

BANDITSSEN

Feb 22, 2022
Hi

Thank you!
Hi we are in the same position for spousal sponsorship where the applicant is a freelance remote worker.
It´s been a few years for you, could you give us an update if your answers to the questions in the 5669 employment history were accepted by IRCC?

for example: Activity type...?/ Job,activity title,position...?/ Status in country...?/ Name of company,employer...?

Thanks very much for your time!