+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal in the USA trying to get legal at Canada... can anybody help?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have been an illegal alien in USA. for 8 years and i have no criminal history . my fiance lives in canada as PR . so can she apply PR for me ???and there is anything to do with my past illegal status in USA ??? thank you
She can sponsor your PR as a spouse. You will have to be 100% honest about your immigration history and you won't be able to enter Canada on a temporary basis. You'll have to process your application outland and you may have to return to your home country for an interview. You also need a valid passport.

Reactions: josefeb33

josefeb33

Dec 4, 2018
She can sponsor your PR as a spouse. You will have to be 100% honest about your immigration history and you won't be able to enter Canada on a temporary basis. You'll have to process your application outland and you may have to return to your home country for an interview. You also need a valid passport.
thank very much .
Is it gone make any difference to my visa application cuz i was in us illegal????

josefeb33

Dec 4, 2018
A bit more scrutiny than other /uS applicants but as long as you are 100% honest you should be fine. You will be banned from entering the US for 10 years.
thank you very much .
so there is any chances to denied my PR as a spouse application from CANADA immigration? coz i was in us illegal ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you very much .
so there is any chances to denied my PR as a spouse application from CANADA immigration? coz i was in us illegal ?
As long as you are 100% honest about your immigration history in the US - no.

Reactions: josefeb33

Alexander694

Jun 3, 2019
I'm an illegal alien that came into the u.s at age 5 currently (16) and I'm wondering if later on I could apply for a PR in canada, I am currently learning about stocks but since I can't do that in the u.s without using a Social security number I have no choice then to move somewhere else(future).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm an illegal alien that came into the u.s at age 5 currently (16) and I'm wondering if later on I could apply for a PR in canada, I am currently learning about stocks but since I can't do that in the u.s without using a Social security number I have no choice then to move somewhere else(future).
Yes you could apply for permanent residency if you qualify. You may have to return to your home country and you will need a valid passport.

Pech

Jun 22, 2019
I’m Illegal in the US and my wife is a US citizen I have applied for Us resident but I have been denied what are my chances to apply for a Canada residence? Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m Illegal in the US and my wife is a US citizen I have applied for Us resident but I have been denied what are my chances to apply for a Canada residence? Thank you in advance
It's impossible for any of us to say - it will depend on your qualifications and background. You need to research Canada's economic immigration programs to see what it takes to qualify and apply. I would recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program which is a points based immigration program where those with the most points based on education, skilled work experience, age, language capabilities and other factros are selected first. Right now you need to have 460+ points to be selected. More information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Note that once you leave the US, you will automatically be banned from returning for 10 years.

m4t30

Oct 2, 2020
I overstayed in the USA with my visitor visa (6 months) while waiting for the approval of an L1 visa. Unfortunately the company closed and the L1 visa was denied. I have been living here for 6 years, my youngest daughter was born here in the US (5 years old). My family and I no longer want to be here and we would like to migrate to Canada. What type of visa should I apply for? student visa or permanent residence? Can I apply from the USA without having to return to my country of origin?
In my country I don't have a family, they are all here (parents, brothers, cousins, with legal stay) Thank you in advance for your help.
PS: I´m a telecom engineer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I overstayed in the USA with my visitor visa (6 months) while waiting for the approval of an L1 visa. Unfortunately the company closed and the L1 visa was denied. I have been living here for 6 years, my youngest daughter was born here in the US (5 years old). My family and I no longer want to be here and we would like to migrate to Canada. What type of visa should I apply for? student visa or permanent residence? Can I apply from the USA without having to return to my country of origin?
In my country I don't have a family, they are all here (parents, brothers, cousins, with legal stay) Thank you in advance for your help.
Any sort of temporary visa (study permit, work permit, visitor visa) will not be approved due to your status in the U.S. You will need to focus on applying for permanent residency through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. Yes, you can apply without leaving the U.S. Note that once you leave the U.S., you won't be able to re-enter for a decade. You can find details about the Express Entry program below. This is a points based program and right now you need 470+ points to be selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also expect a 10year ban when you leave the US.