AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I don’t see this happening, they have people walking around checking people are speaking, not going to happen with most masks. Virtual ceremonies are different of course, though this thread was entitled virtual tests!
Virtual oath ceremony is possible and being done since they do not require masks to be worn. They can watch you move your lips and hear you speak the actual oath. The only issue is that applicants are suppose to surrender their PR cards. Not sure how they can accomplish this.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I don’t see this happening, they have people walking around checking people are speaking, not going to happen with most masks. Virtual ceremonies are different of course, though this thread was entitled virtual tests!
We were also thinking that virtual online oath was not possible but now its possible. So they can conduct test online, seems not impossible. Or orally can be questioned to answer live with the officer with just additional few more minutes with the interview as anyway officer will interview/interact with each and every candidate.

When the important step, the oath itself is virtual hence test can be done or should be done to clear backlogs.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
The only issue is that applicants are suppose to surrender their PR cards. Not sure how they can accomplish this.
Not everyone surrenders PR cards. Many lose PR cards just before oath and they end up finding it later too. So even if the guys are using it but it would show up in the system as citizen anyway. So not a big deal. Also people will not be using 99.99%. Always we will have problem of minor % of people in any case. So it should be ok. Also they can ask candidates to discard/cut the PR cards in front of them - not the intention of govt taking and storing the plastic cards as they destroy them finally anyway.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
We were also thinking that virtual online oath was not possible but now its possible. So they can conduct test online, seems not impossible. Or orally can be questioned to answer live with the officer with just additional few more minutes with the interview as anyway officer will interview/interact with each and every candidate.

When the important step, the oath itself is virtual hence test can be done or should be done to clear backlogs.
You can't cheat by speaking the oath online, unless you can move your lips without actually saying the oath. If you are going to move your lips, you might as well speak it. Virtual online test can easily be abused by looking up the answers on their phones or having someone else do the test or even get help from another while doing the test themselves. Virtual tests will allow applicant who don't have a clue about Canada to pass the test. Plus doing the test in person allow agents to confirm that you are actually in Canada, part of the requirements of obtaining citizenship. Paper tests forces applicants to pay and fly back to Canada to do the tests if they are outside Canada. There is no way to prove you, are in fact, in Canada when doing a virtual online test.

Last edited:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Not everyone surrenders PR cards. Many lose PR cards just before oath and they end up finding it later too. So even if the guys are using it but it would show up in the system as citizen anyway. So not a big deal. Also people will not be using 99.99%. Always we will have problem of minor % of people in any case. So it should be ok. Also they can ask candidates to discard/cut the PR cards in front of them - not the intention of govt taking and storing the plastic cards as they destroy them finally anyway.
Physically showing the PR card being destroyed front of the camera before taking next step is viable sense-able approach and does help / contribute to the surrender of PR card requirement of obtaining citizenship. Didn't think about that. I can now see why virtual oath ceremony can be done.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
current virtual oath will require candidates to cut their PR card in front of camera.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
actually having PR card without being destroyed is valuable for citizens from some countries where dual citizenship is not allowed.

by having a Canadian PR card they can show to their home country that they are not dual citizen yet(while they are already) so that they can keep their citizenship of home country. (e.g. Japan, China, Korea, Singapore, India..)

Reactions: carl321

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
I applied in Feb 2019, 18 months still no test invite. I hope they start taking tests soon, online or in person with social distancing measures in place.
Hi Buddy,

You should have escalated this issue, once it crossed the time frame of 12 months and should have got the whole Citizenship process done well before the COVID hold up started.

Reactions: carl321

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
actually having PR card without being destroyed is valuable for citizens from some countries where dual citizenship is not allowed.

by having a Canadian PR card they can show to their home country that they are not dual citizen yet(while they are already) so that they can keep their citizenship of home country. (e.g. Japan, China, Korea, Singapore, India..)
This doesn't make any sense, NO one can be a permanent residence and a citizenship at the same time.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
This doesn't make any sense, NO one can be a permanent residence and a citizenship at the same time.
for Canadian government, one is citizen for sure after oath.

But for his home country, showing a piece of plastic card(PR card) is enough to assure his home country that he's only citizen of home country(which is a lie). but it works for many people who want to keep citizenship of home country.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi Buddy,

You should have escalated this issue, once it crossed the time frame of 12 months and should have got the whole Citizenship process done well before the COVID hold up started.
No way to escalate. Some offices are slower than others. I am a March 2019 applicant and average time at my office is 15-16 months under normal conditions.

Reactions: mrrobot

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hi Buddy,

Hey,
I tried calling them in November 2019, to ask if everything okay with the file, any more documents required or something. Ircc agent said: No your file looks okay, its a routine application, we don't need anything so far. If we need some documents we will get in touch with you. I called them to see which was my local office, Its Scarborough. At that moment I was relieved because I looked at excle sheets, Scarborough was Random, some were gettin test invites after 10 or 11 months. Also getting next day oath ceremonies. Fast forward to 26 Feb, 2020. I called again since it was 12 months and 6 days. I asked whats the hold, agent said: Its a routine application, I can see someone recently worked on your file, since its just 6 days above the 12 months. She's not going to notify the local office. Furthermore she told me to be patient because its just 6 days over. Later that day I ordered Atip notes. In which I couldn't find anything. Most of the process was not started. They started to close down offices because of pandemic March 2020. I'm just unlucky. Nothing I can do to escalate it. I try to patient but when I see people who applied months after me getting their tests and oaths makes me anxious.

• Sad
Reactions: aditvasu

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
As issteven said. Holding an old PR card while being a canadian citizen, is good for those who want to fraudulently hold two citizenships for a short period. The holder can show PR card / native passport to India, for example, and then as far as India is concerned you are not Canadian, when in fact you are. You are basically hiding this fact from your own country. Mind you, this would work only for 5 years max, since the PR card has a 5 year life. After that you won't be able to obtain a new PR card and these countries would not accept an expired PR card. An expired PR card doesn't prove anything, whether you have a valid PR status or you have Canadian citizenship.

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Reminder - Check the expiry date of your Perm Residency Card. Given the delays in Citizenship one ought to act if the expiry date is approaching.

Since they are developing a whole new system, I don't expect a resumption of any testing until at least November. by the time it is developed, tested, trained and rolled out So all in all- add a year onto your processing times.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
As issteven said. Holding an old PR card while being a canadian citizen, is good for those who want to fraudulently hold two citizenships for a short period. The holder can show PR card / native passport to India, for example, and then as far as India is concerned you are not Canadian, when in fact you are. You are basically hiding this fact from your own country. Mind you, this would work only for 5 years max, since the PR card has a 5 year life. After that you won't be able to obtain a new PR card and these countries would not accept an expired PR card. An expired PR card doesn't prove anything, whether you have a valid PR status or you have Canadian citizenship.
Second that, its actually a act of fraudulent, Imagine if a PR card is lost for some reason while traveling then there is no way to get around other than accepting this, lol