+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If no TR2PR in 2022, will it be a violation of the Mandate Letter issued by the PM?

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
In "Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Mandate Letter" (https://pm.gc.ca/en/mandate-letters/2021/12/16/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter), there is a bullet point:
"Expand pathways to Permanent Residence for international students and temporary foreign workers through the Express Entry system."

I am wondering how to interpret this one?

Based on yesterday's level plan, there will be no new TR2PR programs in 2022.

But, there is a mandate given by the PM.

Wouldn't it be a violation of the PM's order if there is no new program serving international students and temporary foreign workers this year?

Hope someone can help me understand it.

Thanks in advance!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
You mean the one introduced last year?

It is just processing the existing apps.

How does it count as "expanding pathways"?
The problem is IRCC took on more applications than they can process last year which created a big backlog for TR2PR and even after cutting down the express entry target by half, there is still no space for new TR2PR applications in 2022. The mandate letter thing is getting fulfilled because TR2PR applications will be processed this year, you can thank Marco Mendicino for this situation.

Reactions: dankboi

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
The problem is IRCC took on more applications than they can process last year which created a big backlog for TR2PR and even after cutting down the express entry target by half, there is still no space for new TR2PR applications in 2022. The mandate letter thing is getting fulfilled because TR2PR applications will be processed this year, you can thank Marco Mendicino for this situation.
Yeah, whoever came up with that TR2PR program definitely needs to check their IQ.

Whoever decided to sacrifice EE's credibility and continuity for the so called "6 months processing time standard" needs an IQ check as well.

D

Deleted member 1050918

You mean the one introduced last year?

It is just processing the existing apps.

How does it count as "expanding pathways"?
The mandate letter gives the tasks to Fraser for the next four years so Fraser doesn't have to create or expand pathways for TR2PR in 2022. He can do it anytime in the next four years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ah... I think you are right. The mandate letter is for 4 years...
Thanks.
Plus politicians stay stuff all the time which they don't necessarily end up doing.

Reactions: seadrag0n
D

Deleted member 1050918

Ah... I think you are right. The mandate letter is for 4 years...
Thanks.
Also Fraser and the other ministers could receive further mandate letters from the PM regarding recent developments and issues. Those of course would cause a different reaction in the corresponding minister's decision making (i.e. they'd act sooner).

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Also Fraser and the other ministers could receive further mandate letters from the PM regarding recent developments and issues. Those of course would cause a different reaction in the corresponding minister's decision making (i.e. they'd act sooner).
oho i was hoping tr2pr will be back this year, damn i hyped some fellas here about the return of tr2pr believing in mandate letters, mendishitno and trudo.

D

Deleted member 1050918

oho i was hoping tr2pr will be back this year, damn i hyped some fellas here about the return of tr2pr believing in mandate letters, mendishitno and trudo.
Eh, what other opportunity could they have anyway? Right now it really isn't "should I wait for CEC or look into PNP or TR2PR?" kind of situation, either they'll get lucky for a PNP nomination or even luckier for a returning TR2PR invitation. Pretty sticky situation for everyone.