Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
If inland application fails, can I apply outland then since there is no right of appeal for inland?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Yes you can.

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Ok.

I know outland applications has the right of appeal, but what does it mean? If the inland app gets refused, why would outland approve it?
Can you cancel an inland app that is received but not in process, and get your money back?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi lizet,

Yes, I believe you can obtain a refund, if it hasn't started processing yet. It takes a little while to receive the refund, but you'll get it. You could call CIC and ask about cancelling.

When you apply inland, you waive the right to appeal, if they reject you. I'm not sure why. It would be more fair to allow appeals for inland AND outland, in my opinion.

There's no guarantee outland would approve it either, but you'll know whether it's approved/denied faster (a matter of months), and if they deny you, you can appeal whatever problem they raise. I don't believe they can deny you twice (similar to double-jeopardy), so if you win the appeal, you're good to go. As long as your situation/application doesn't have anything obvious which would raise suspicion, you should be fine, or at most, be called for an interview, if you lack supporting evidence, etc. I can't tell you for sure what will happen with your case, but if it's straightforward, you should be good.

I'd definitely go outland, if possible. It's faster, you have the right of appeal, you can come and go from Canada as you wish (provided you prove you won't overstay your allowed limit (visa-exempt is six months)), etc.

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Thank you very much for great and fast answer. You seem to understand my question but I can explain a little more.

I live here in Canada and have been since May 2009. I have maintained my status all trough, have no "bad" or complicated background and we even got married a while ago so I cant see why there would be a problem. The one huge mistake I've made, I just realized, is that we applied inland. I haven't been able to work for months and it's driving me nuts just sitting around, even though I do some volunteer work for a church. What I can see here in the forum and on CIC's website, it is soo much faster to apply outland and I cant get my mind of that. I wish I would've realized it 1 month ago! (when we sent of the app lol). My plan now is to cancel the inland app and apply outland to buy me some time. How does that sound?

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
lizet said:
Thank you very much for great and fast answer. You seem to understand my question but I can explain a little more.

I live here in Canada and have been since May 2009. I have maintained my status all trough, have no "bad" or complicated background and we even got married a while ago so I cant see why there would be a problem. The one huge mistake I've made, I just realized, is that we applied inland. I haven't been able to work for months and it's driving me nuts just sitting around, even though I do some volunteer work for a church. What I can see here in the forum and on CIC's website, it is soo much faster to apply outland and I cant get my mind of that. I wish I would've realized it 1 month ago! (when we sent of the app lol). My plan now is to cancel the inland app and apply outland to buy me some time. How does that sound?
Hi!

This is a good idea, but keep in mind that you have to "rebuild" your application again. Did you keep copies of it? You might have to redo some police clearances, too. Which outland visa office would review your case?

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Yes, I would have to redo my whole application. I do have copies of everything. I'm read to do that so I possible could save some month and be able to apply for OHIP sooner. The office I would send it to is London.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - the office you would send your application to is Mississauga. They will forward your file to London once the first phase of processing is complete (sponsor approval).

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Oh, okey I haven't read to much about it since we thought inland was the thing to go for. But yes Mississauga would be the office to send it to and then I guess we should expect about 12 month process time for London applications. I wonder if you can apply for the outland before the withdraw has gone trough or if you have to wait for it..

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Hey Lizet your application will take about 1 month to process in Misssissauga and London is processing farely quick according to some on this this forum, 4-6 months. You will only get Onatrio health after 3 month waiting period once you get your permanent residence.

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Yes, even if it took the 9 month London could take, it will still be faster! Not to excited to redo everything do, but that's the price you pay for a dumb misstake I guess. :)

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lizet, I know what you mean. I prepared to apply inland and had almost completely finished (but had not yet mailed it) when, through this forum, I realized outland would be much quicker for me (and allow more freedom to travel, if necessary.) So we decided to re-do the application to be outland. But I figure it is saving perhaps six months to a year or more in my case. Good luck!!!