+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I transfer my Refugee claim file from Toronto to Alberta

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello Seniors,

My hearing got postponed today in Toronto. If I transfer my Refugee claim file from Toronto to Alberta. Is that good option in order to get a quick new hearing date at Alberta office.

Please guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No matter where you file your case there is a backlog. There has been a significant increase of asylum claims this year and the system was already at capacity. If you are using a legal aid lawyer I believe you would have to find new representation because funding is associated with the province where you live/you file. You would also have the hassle/expense of moving. Unfortunately you will just have to be patient.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
No matter where you file your case there is a backlog. There has been a significant increase of asylum claims this year and the system was already at capacity. If you are using a legal aid lawyer I believe you would have to find new representation because funding is associated with the province where you live/you file. You would also have the hassle/expense of moving. Unfortunately you will just have to be patient.
Right, as you said. Thanks

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
I believe it will be faster then Toronto.i can't say that you will get an immediate date in Alberta but it should be faster then Toronto.
My date was prosponded in Toronto.then I moved to Montreal.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I believe it will be faster then Toronto.i can't say that you will get an immediate date in Alberta but it should be faster then Toronto.
Did you get the date in montreal?

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Since the reason for postponement is for unavailability of my security clearance certificate from CBSA. What will happen if I shift to Alberta. They will also wait for the security clearance or without that they give me a new date.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since the reason for postponement is for unavailability of my security clearance certificate from CBSA. What will happen if I shift to Alberta. They will also wait for the security clearance or without that they give me a new date.
They won't be able to proceed without the security clearance. They will wait for the security clearance as well.

Reactions: SURVIVAL

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Did you get the date in montreal?
My file has just transferred to Montreal.i called the scheduling klerk and they told me that I should wait 7-30 days to get a new date
One things I am confident that the process will be faster then Toronto.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
They won't be able to proceed without the security clearance. They will wait for the security clearance as well.
I heard, once 6 months passed and if still CBSA had not cleared security checks then IRB will be rescheduling the hearing date without it. Is it true ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds unlikely. Even if they do you will still have to wait for the security clearance to be completed before hearing whether you can remain in Canada.

nalax85

Aug 10, 2017
any news guys?
my hearing was in April and was cancelled due to security clearance not being ready yet.
how long do you think before we get another date?

jacksparrow1

Dec 2, 2017
I am in ontario, my hearing postponded in September and think of going to montreal as well, I will really apreciate it if you can help me with few questions.

1. What did you do with legal aid?

2. You were working or on ontario works? How are you going to survive until you find a job?

3. How do you move your file?

4. I don’t speak french, if you like me, do you go to french classes? Do you get allowance for it?

5. What is the porspect for non french speaker in finding a job while going to french school, is it possible?

Thank you a lot.

EugeniaM

May 17, 2018
Hello, just a question. How is your immigration now since you moved to Montreal? My husband and I just received a Notice of Decision from a court, we are finally Convention Refugees. We live in Toronto, it's time to apply for PR now, but my husband got a job opportunity in Alberta. I called CIC and they confirmed that we can move with no problem and apply for PR from Alberta, but I'm kind of scared. Will it influence the speed of processing time? I don't know what to do...

EugeniaM

May 17, 2018
I am in ontario, my hearing postponded in September and think of going to montreal as well, I will really apreciate it if you can help me with few questions.

1. What did you do with legal aid?

2. You were working or on ontario works? How are you going to survive until you find a job?

3. How do you move your file?

4. I don’t speak french, if you like me, do you go to french classes? Do you get allowance for it?

5. What is the porspect for non french speaker in finding a job while going to french school, is it possible?

Thank you a lot.
Too bad no one answers, hope you could find the answers yourself and moved to Montreal successfully. If you have any experience please share=)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, just a question. How is your immigration now since you moved to Montreal? My husband and I just received a Notice of Decision from a court, we are finally Convention Refugees. We live in Toronto, it's time to apply for PR now, but my husband got a job opportunity in Alberta. I called CIC and they confirmed that we can move with no problem and apply for PR from Alberta, but I'm kind of scared. Will it influence the speed of processing time? I don't know what to do...
PR processing time for refugees is a federal matter so it isn't dependent on the province so go ahead and move to Alberta. Believe the process has become above 25 months so you have a while to wait.

Reactions: EugeniaM