VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello @cansha @marosa @CA GURPREET SINGH MANN

I applied for EOR and my result got revised. My updated result is

L 8
R 8
W 7
S 7.5

Thanks a lot for all the unconditional support throughout this time. My update CRS is 468 which a bit below than required cut-off score. I will appear again within two weeks to get 7.5 in writing and 8.5 in listening.

Thanks alot again.
Congrats buddy for scoring a 7 in writing. Rest of the scores are great too. Your hard work has paid off. It's always a pleasure to see that this thread helped someone to get the desired scores. All the best for rest of the process. You may get an ITA at 468 as well.

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Any feedback are very much welcome..thank you

Topic.
Today's teenagers have more stressful lives than previous generations.
Discuss your views.

Stress level of teenagers in the present generation is higher compared to previous generations. In early years, teenager’s expectations in life are simple, relationships with families are great, and employment is not difficult, unlike in recent years, societal standards are higher, competition in the job market is increasing, and most people are busy with their own lives, especially parents.

First and foremost, life is quiet and simple in previous generations. Teenagers are expected to help in farming, or do household chores with families and in return it helps develop closer ties in the family. Some teenagers find it easier to confide their problems to others and are more willing to discuss their concerns. Families and friends are helpful to each other, and most of the teenagers have a lot of free time to spare and use it to explore their surroundings and enjoy the beauty of nature. Moreover, finding a job is not an issue since individual skills are highly acknowledged during that time. It is not a requirement for one to earn a diploma, since most companies hire based on skills. With these reasons, young adults have a calmer disposition in life.

On the other hand, due to the increasing development of the world, people have higher expectations in life. Nowadays, society measures success as having a luxurious life. Stress levels are higher for teenagers of the present time because of the increased societal standard. They feel pressured to attain a sound academic background and do their best in order to meet greater endeavors in life. More often than not, huge companies mostly hire individuals from outstanding universities. Some teenagers find it stressful and unfair, since tuitions in these universities are expensive and some cannot afford. There are few that are unable to even complete tertiary education due to financial constraints. Furthermore, youngsters have limited time to bond with their career-oriented parents in the present time. Adults are mostly preoccupied with other matters and losing time for their children. Due to the lack of someone to talk to, teenagers feel withdrawn, and stressed by the current situation.

In conclusion, present teenagers are feeling more stressed due to the increased requirements of acquiring a job, and the lack of connection to immediate people. In comparison to the previous generation, teenagers are mentally healthy because of the good interpersonal relationship they have to others, as well as, the lack of formal education is never an issue in job placements.

Last edited:

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Any feedback are very much welcome..thank you

Topic.
Discuss your views.

Stress level of teenagers in the present generation is higher compared to previous generations. In early years, teenager’s expectations in life are simple, relationships with families are great, and employment is not difficult, unlike in recent years, societal standards are higher, competition in the job market is increasing, and most people are busy with their own lives, especially parents.

Introduction sentence 1 - paraphrase the question:

“It is thought by some that stress level of teenagers in the present generation is higher compared to previous generations.“

Sentence 2 - direct answer to the question. Now, the question on the exam will be more clearly stated and you will for sure know what they expect you to write. However from this current one it’s not clear whether you need to discuss both views and give your opinion, whether you should agree or disagree, or if it asks for the reasons why it is so... I will just assume that it asks if you agree to this statement or disagree. In that case your 2nd sentence will look something like this:

“In my opinion, currently younger generation indeed lives in much more stressful conditions, both because they had fewer responsibilities in the past, as well as due to propaganda of luxurious life in the modern society.”

I have a detailed comment on how to start each BP for each type of question, please find and read it. Right now your essay is structured in the following way “firstly.... moreover... on the other hand... furthermore”, which is not logical and does not help the examiner to easily get your point.
First and foremost, life is was quiet and simple in previous generations. What is your main idea for this BP? This sentence adds no value and should be removed at all. Teenagers are were expected to help in farming, or do household chores with families and in return it helps develop closer ties in the family. I’m not able to understand if your idea is that teens had easier lives because there were fewer responsibilities or because they were more connected to the family. Some teenagers find it easier to confide their problems to others and are more willing to discuss their concerns. Families and friends are helpful to each other, and most of the teenagers have a lot of free time to spare and use it to explore their surroundings and enjoy the beauty of nature. Moreover, finding a job is not an issue since individual skills are highly acknowledged during that time. It is not a requirement for one to earn a diploma, since most companies hire based on skills. With these reasons, young adults have a calmer disposition in life. Your whole BP should’ve been in past tense, as you were talking about how it used to be in the past. I understand you simply wrote down all the ideas you had with regards to this topic, that’s not how it should be done. Besides, where is your example?

On the other hand, due to the increasing development of the world, people have higher expectations in life. Ok here I see your main idea. Nowadays, society measures success as having a luxurious life too short. Stress levels are higher for teenagers of the present time because of the increased societal standard. They feel pressured to attain a sound academic background and do their best in order to meet greater endeavors in life. More often than not, huge companies mostly hire individuals from outstanding universities. Some teenagers find it stressful and unfair, since tuitions in these universities are expensive and some cannot afford. There are few that are unable to even complete tertiary education due to financial constraints. What does the issue of high tuition fees have to do with high life standards? Also, which country are we talking about? In many countries education is really affordable Furthermore, youngsters have limited time to bond with their career-oriented parents in the present time. How did you get from living standards to expensive education and then to career-oriented parent? Adults are mostly preoccupied with other matters and losing time for their children. Due to the lack of someone to talk to, teenagers feel withdrawn, and stressed by the current situation. No wonder, anyone would get stressed with the situation described in this BP))) too much poor teens have to go through))))) However, you don’t need that last sentence, it adds no value to the essay.

You repeated the same ideas as you had in BP1. In BP1 you had 2 (actually 3, but whatever) main ideas - teens were more connected to parents in the past, no diploma was requested to get a job in the past. Your main ideas in BP2 are - everyone requires diploma now, parents are not as connected with kids now.

In conclusion, present teenagers are feeling “feel”, you should improve your grammar, you confuse tenses too often more stressed due to the increased requirements of acquiring a job, and the lack of connection to immediate people. In comparison to the previous generation, teenagers are mentally healthy because of the good interpersonal relationship they have to others, as well as, the lack of formal education is never an issue in job placements. This last sentence contradicts your whole essay.

Reactions: cansha

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Hello @cansha @marosa @CA GURPREET SINGH MANN

I applied for EOR and my result got revised. My updated result is

L 8
R 8
W 7
S 7.5

Thanks a lot for all the unconditional support throughout this time. My update CRS is 468 which a bit below than required cut-off score. I will appear again within two weeks to get 7.5 in writing and 8.5 in listening.

Thanks alot again.
Congrats and good luck!

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
@marosa

Is it possible end of your correction you assign any score ? Or at least inform us, it desire for what band ?
Your assistance is really appreciated , but if you assign a score , indeed , others can understand firstly ,what it was ? then it will desire to rise up to which band
I am sorry for this suggestion : but I have not seen any given score based on 4 criteria in this froum
please at the end of correction either give a score or separate mark to each criteria I'm sure it boosts it as well
thanks

Last edited:

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
@marosa

Is it possible end of your correction you assign any score ? Or at least inform us, it desire for what band ?
I’m not an IELTS examiner, I can only tell if an essay is above or below 7. Your essays for now below 7.

Your assistance is really appreciated , but if you assign a score , indeed , others can understand firstly ,what it was ? then it will desire to rise up to which band
I am sorry for this suggestion : but I have not seen any given score based on 4 criteria in this froum
please at the end of correction either give a score or separate mark to each criteria I'm sure it boosts it as well
thanks

Well sorry for not meeting your expectations but I do most I can.

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
I’m not an IELTS examiner, I can only tell if an essay is above or below 7. Your essays for now below 7.

Well sorry for not meeting your expectations but I do most I can.
NO never say like this .
From my side , at least , I am most grateful from what you have done here ,
Actually , that was not mine , but I have used from your profound advise .
All the best and wishes for you

Vyn

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
@marusa i have tried to rewrite it..trying to stick with the main idea, thank for your time marking it. My sincere apologies for giving you a headache reading my essay..

Topic.
Discuss your views.

It is considered by many that teenagers feel more stressed nowadays compared to previous years. In my opinion, it is due to higher societal standards and lack of adult's guidance.

To begin with, due to continuous development of the world, people have higher expectations in life. Stress levels are higher for teenagers of the present time because of the increased societal standard. They feel pressured to attain a sound academic background and do their best in order to meet greater endeavors in life. Some find it challenging to balance studying and working. For instance, in the US, when a child turns 18 years old, he is expected to live his life alone and strive hard to finish college. This ruling greatly affect the well-being of the teenagers since it is difficult to manage resources, energy and time for both school and work.

Furthermore, in present time, youngsters have limited time to bond with their career-oriented parents. Adults are mostly preoccupied with other matters and losing time for their children. A very good example to note is when parents miss out important occasions and events due to higher demand at work. Teenagers feel neglected and alone for having no one to turn to during challenging times in their life, specifically, issues concerning their studies. With this fact, it creates emotional imbalances to the youngsters, and increase the probability of suicidal tendency.

In conclusion, it is believed by many that teenagers feel more stressed recently than decades ago because of the pressure in the society, and lack of parental guidance.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017
It is argued that teenagers used to have a happier life in the past than today. I agree with this statement because they feel stressed nowadays owing to the intense competition they face and the lack of family support they get.

Foremost, competition in academics and sports has increased manifold over the decades. As a result, there are a large number of teenagers competing for only a few seats. In order to succeed, they have to work harder without leaving room for any mistake, which is stressful. For example, there are only 4500 government seats for medical enrollments after 12th class for more than 70,000 candidates every year. Failing in this examination means mental pressure as they have to wait for next year to reappear again. The competition at this level was never in existence in the past.

Moreover, the lack of psychological support from grandparents and parents also leads to stress and tension among adolescents. This is because grandmother or grandfather does not live along with them anymore as the trend of the nuclear family is more common than joint family nowadays, who would listen to their problems and offer them solutions. Similarly, parents spend most of their time at work and give nearly no time to provide them emotional support when they go through puberty, hormonal changes, and career choosing options in their teenage. However, there were many adult members at home in the past who used to guide them in case of problems.

In conclusion, an increase in competition and lack of psychological support from family members have made teenagers' life more stressful. Due to the lack of competition and joint family structure of family composition, they were happier in the past.

Reactions: Vyn

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
It is argued that teenagers used to have a happier life in the past than today. I agree with this statement because they feel stressed nowadays owing to the intense competition they face[have confronted] and the lack of family support they[have gotten] get.

Foremost[Firstly], competition in academics and sports has increased manifold over the decades. As a result, there are a large number of teenagers competing for only a few seats. In order to succeed, they have to work harder[incessantly] without leaving room[a room,room here is countable not meaning of space] for[making] any mistake, which is[could be] stressful. For example[For instance], there are only 4500 government seats for medical enrollments after 12th class for more than 70,000 candidates every year. Failing in this examination[would definitely cause] means[unsightly impression] mental pressure as they have to wait for [the] next year to reappear again. The competition at this level was never in existence in the past[In view of this, this kind of competition had never been existed in the past].

Moreover, the lack of psychological support from grandparents and parents also leads to stress and tension among adolescents. This is because grandmother or grandfather does not live along with them anymore as the trend of the nuclear family is more common than joint family nowadays, who would listen to their problems and offer them solutions. Similarly, parents spend most of their time at work and give nearly no time to [settle their problem such as emotive problems] provide them emotional support when[new stages of life is starting] they go through puberty, hormonal changes, and career choosing options in their teenage. However, there were many adult members at home in the past who used to guide them in case of problems.

In conclusion, an increase in competition and lack of psychological support from family members have made teenagers' life more stressful. Due to the lack of competition and joint family structure of family composition, they were happier in the past.
Just an Idea
Not for whole , but some part of the text

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
It is argued that teenagers used to have a happier life in the past than today. I agree with this statement because they they - who? feel stressed nowadays owing to the intense competition they face in labour market and the lack of family support they get no need to keep repeating "they". + You know that if you remove a word, a phrase or a sentence and you see no change in the meaning, you should actually exclude it.

*Maybe you would want to add a general sentence at the very beginning, just not to have such a short intro. Something like "For centuries is has been a common practice for every generation to state that they have lived in tougher times compared to their ancestors" Though, you should be really careful with such sentences and if your intro is not too short avoid it. Actually, in this case even such a short intro probably would not be an obstacle for 7+, because it clearly states the questioin and your opinion + the examiner knows exactly what your BPs are going to be about...

Foremost, competition in academics and sports either explain in the future sentences what you mean by this, or don't mention sports at all has increased manifold over the decades. As a result as a result of what? - your first sentence is there to briefly present the main idea, but after that you're supposed to elaborate on it. And you started the explanation of the main idea by talking about the result of that main idea, not sure how that's gonna work at the exam, there are is a large number of teenagers competing for only a few there's a huge difference between "few" and "a few", google please seats. In order to succeed, they have to work harder without leaving room for any mistake, which is stressful. I dont see any need for this sentence, maybe you could paraphrase the 2nd sentence into smth like "In order to succeed in the modern society, teenagers have to work harder than ever before, due to a larger number of those competing for few seats (though not really sure what you mean by "seats"),. BUT again, you first need to explain to the examiner how you came to the conclusion that a) there are more teens now and b) there are fewer "seats", e.g. at universities. Because like to me, I think people started having fewer kids during the past 20 years, so there should be fewer teens currently than say 20-30 years ago. For example, there are only 4500 government seats for medical enrollments after 12th class for more than 70,000 candidates every year which country are we talking about?. Failing in this examination means mental pressure as they have to wait for next year to reappear again. The competition at this level was never in existence in the past.

Moreover, the lack of psychological support from grandparents and parents also leads to stress and tension among adolescents. This is because a grandmother or grandfather does not live along with them anymore as the trend of the nuclear family is more common than joint family nowadays, who would listen to their problems and offer them solutions Paraphrase this sentence, it's too long and not really logical, I've seen you can do better. Similarly, parents spend most of their time at work and give nearly no time to provide them emotional support when they go through such common issues as puberty, hormonal changes, and career choosing options in their teenage this listing may also work as an example, so ok. However, there were many adult members at home in the past who used to guide them in case of problems.

In conclusion, I believe that modern teenagers indeed go through tougher times and face issues their parents didn't at their age. The main reasons for this phenomena are an increase in competition and lack of psychological support from family members have made teenagers' life lives more stressful than in the past. Due to the lack of competition and joint family structure of family composition, they were happier in the past. 2nd sentence is a repetition of the 1st one.

*Don't forget to restate your opinion in the conclusion, that may lead to score drop.
Overall not bad and may get you a 7 on a bright day. Though I know you can do better, so keep practicing.

@Vyn please have a look at this essay and my comments.

Reactions: Vyn and cansha

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
@marusa i have tried to rewrite it..trying to stick with the main idea, thank for your time marking it. My sincere apologies for giving you a headache reading my essay..

Topic.
Discuss your views.

It is considered by many that teenagers feel more stressed nowadays compared to previous years. In my opinion, it is due to higher societal standards and lack of adult's guidance. Too short, please check ielts liz for writing task 2 introduction tips.

To begin with, due to continuous development of the world, people have higher expectations in life. Stress levels are higher for teenagers of the present time because of the increased societal standard. you repeated the same idea twice They feel pressured to attain a sound academic background and do their best in order to meet greater endeavors in life. Some find it challenging to balance studying and working. work-study balance is a new idea in this paragraph and if you want to have it you'll need to develop it, too For instance, in the US, when a child turns 18 years old, he is expected to live his life alone and strive hard to finish college. this example might work This ruling greatly affect the well-being of the teenagers since it is difficult to manage resources, energy and time for both school and work.

Main idea 1: People have higher expectations. Why? - your second sentence should explain what you meant in the first one or what is the reason for whatever you've described in the first one.

This is what your BP1 had to look like:

"To begin with, teenagers go through much more stressful times than their parents, due to higher expectations in life. Technological development, along with globalization has provided almost unlimited opportunities to people to obtain nearly anything, from luxury cars to education at any top university worldwide. As a result, modern teenagers are more likely to get draged into a race for money and power, causing overwhelming competition rates both at educational institutions and in the labour market. In 2019 UK reported on an average of 200 applicants for each vacant seat at state universities, compared to 50 candidates for each seat in 1998."

1. To begin with, teenagers go through much more stressful times than their parents due to higher expectations in life. <---- Main idea 2. Technological development along with globalization has provided almost unlimited opportunities to people to obtain nearly anything, from luxury cars to education at any top university worldwide. <---- here I explained what I meant by higher expectations, or maybe you would choose to say that it's because social networks promote success, so everyone tries to imitate the lives of celebs.... 3. As a result, modern teenagers are more likely to get draged into a race for money and power, causing overwhelming competition rates both at educational institutions and in the labour market. <--- explaining what the situation described above can lead to, sort of answering to the question "so what?". 4. In 2019 UK reported on an average of 200 applicants for each vacant seat at state universities, compared to 50 candidates for each seat in 1998. <-- not the best example with totally made up data, but still. This should be enough, though if I got this question at the exam I would add a couple more sentences on how this situation affects labour market.

The same structure should be applied to BP2.

Furthermore, in present time, youngsters have limited time to bond with their career-oriented parents. Adults are mostly preoccupied with other matters and losing time for their children. A very good example to note is when parents miss out important occasions and events due to higher demand at work. Teenagers feel neglected and alone for having no one to turn to during challenging times in their life, specifically, issues concerning their studies. With this fact, it creates emotional imbalances to the youngsters, and increase the probability of suicidal tendency.

In conclusion, it is believed by many that teenagers feel more stressed recently than decades ago because of the pressure in the society, and lack of parental guidance. Ielts Liz

Hi, please see above.

I believe this review should be more than enough for one to practice on their own. + use ielts liz, both for sample topics and for tips on how to write Task 1 and Task 2. Good luck!