+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
@cansha,

Seek your expert feedback on this essay, please. It was done within the 40 min time-frame.
Length: 270 words

Today more and more tourists are visiting places where conditions are difficult, such as Sahara desert or the Antarctic.

What are the benefits and disadvantages for tourists who visit such places?

-----------------------------------------------

An increasing number of tourists have now started exploring challenging destinations like Sahara desert and the Antarctic.

While there are many pros to such experiences, one needs to be mindful of the cons too.
The biggest advantage of such trips is the sheer thrill that can get the adrenaline rushing. ( How and what this rush will achieve ?)

Visiting places with extreme climatic conditions helps one experience nature at its very extreme and such an experience can make one more adaptable. ( How ?? )

Besides, as it offers a completely contrasting experience to our mundane lives, it can get us recharged with a completely fresh approach.

Exploring such unchartered territories also provides an opportunity to gain life skills from an exciting experience. ( How ?? )

Such dangerous adventures have some perils too. (which are those ?)

If one has not researched enough before planning the trip, one might be in for some unpleasant surprises. (which are those ?)

A lot of times when you are at the mercy of nature, it could get extremely risky. ( How ?? )

What if the experience leads to life-threatening repercussions? ( How ?? )

One needs to take into consideration every little health condition before setting-out for such testing experiences. ( How ?? )

Despite all preparations, the situation might go out of hand. ( How ?? )

Hence, medical assistance must be handy.

Also, children and senior-citizens must be either kept away from such situations or venture into them with appropriate precautions.

here you are giving a solution, precaution, question just asking disadvantages

Every trip brings with it a whole lot of learning.

On top of it, if it is an adventurous rendezvous like this ( where ?? ), it tests your limits to the very best.( How ?? )
It is
(which one ?? ) a must-have experience.

Having said that, people need to make sure that they are well-guided and well-guarded before setting out on every such uncommon adventure.

IELTS is going to punish you with 6 to 6.5 bands.

you are talking alot, english is good.
but Task Achievement is severely affected.

you can say, what is this bullshit ?, right ?

it is non conclusive talk, intangible, where is your example,

BP2:
general statement
One of the major disadvantage of such remote places is the lack of adequate emergency health facilities.
explanation
In extreme weather situations of the Sahara or the Antarctic, one can easily fall sick, and without proper medical attention common conditions such as dehydration can lead to life threatening situations.
example - fake one
In a recent report, authorities concluded that 80% deaths of inexperienced tourists caused by lack in proper preparation of basic necessities such as water, and along with one to seek thrill on unexplored trails which cause them to loose their way back and delay in the required medical treatment.
Conclusion: link back to general statement
Lack of knowledge and delayed treatment could result in unfortunate deaths of tourists which is the darkest side of the adrenaline rush (thrill) seeking activities.

121 words, more than enough
I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way.
The eye is a better pupil, more willing than the ear;
Fine counsel is confusing, but example is always clear,
And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds,
For to see a good put in action is what everybody needs.
I soon can learn to do it if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you and the high advise you give,
But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live
go and read this

http://www.yourdailypoem.com/listpoem.jsp?poem_id=2270

can_da

Dec 21, 2015
Dear @H0peAndFa1th and @cansha

Please can you give a quick review. Wanted to bring in conditional and question sentences to see if I am doing right?
I know opinion shouldn't be in the intro that's why I enclosed in brackets as wanted to know what is the best alternate way to give something to intro para?

Many Thanks

Government spending on restoration of old buildings in cities should be stopped. Instead they should spend the money for housing and road development. Do you agree or disagree?

It is thought by some that government is spending money to restore old fashioned buildings unnecessarily, whereas the same money can be used in a more productive way by making new residential units and improving the road network. (In my opinion, I agree with this proposition as it will directly benefit a number of citizens)

There are myriad or arguments to abandon the refurbishment of old buildings. The most preponderant one is that, God forbid, if any building falls apart during repair or even after restoration, the money spent will be deemed a mere waste of resources. Moreover, such collapse can prove lethal and take human lives too, a loss that cannot be compensated at any cost. Besides, most of such buildings lose their charisma and attraction after they are rehabilitated; people do not show much interest to visit them as the originality diminishes with such rework.

Another pivotal aspect of the argument is that, what if the same resources are utilized in uplifting living standards of residents? As an option, new residential colonies can be built by acquiring cheap land in the outskirts of the city. These newly built apartments or houses will not only offer modern and safe living environment but will also render traffic-jam free commute. Last but not least, improving the road network is another area that needs authorities’ attention more than outdated buildings. As a result, improved and widened roads will bring an array of benefits like less traffic congestion, fewer life losses caused by road accidents and time-saving for the dwellers. Needless to say, all these merits stand diverting the funds reserved for building restorations towards dealing with more basic issues in a good stead as far as better lifestyle is concerned.

To sum up, old structures are not worthy spending huge sums on replenishing, this money should go to other sectors like housing and road network which will bring deluge of benefits for the general public.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, you along with @cansha are doing a commendable job by helping people to prepare well for there writing module. Hats off to you guys!!!

Your selfless effort is really appreciated, but I have an enquiry about the correct introduction format for "Discuss both sides and give your opinion" question. Here you are emphasising on eliminating writer's opinion from the intro and restrict it to the conclusion only; However, I'm not sure whether this approach is good for an IELTS essay as different IELTS bloggers like IELTS Liz, E2 language, IELTS advantage, Myieltsclassroom do include their opinion in intro itself. Actually, this is not the first time when I have come across this suggestion of not giving my opinion in the intro as my mentor from IELTS Ninja also suggested this approach, but at that time also I was sceptical about using it bcz all the renowned IELTS trainers are saying that it is crucial to give your opinion in the intro in order to show a clear opinion throughout the essay. I do understand your's and my mentor's point also that if we religiously follow the instructions, then we have to discuss both sides first and only after that give our opinion. But, maybe that approach is for actual academic essays and not for IELTS essays. I'm really confused whom to agree here.

P.S I have attempted IELTS 2 times and both the times I got discuss both sides and give your opinion essay. I gave my opinion in the intro in both attempts as I didn't want to risk losing marks by not following the structure taught be famous IELTS trainers and my score was Band 7 in both, still confused if that was a right choice or not

@cansha could you also give your take on this?
I answered this exact question here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-151#post-8135252

And my opinion on this differs from dear @H0peAndFa1th on this one. It's possibly because I only followed IELTS Liz. To be honest I have never read any other blog on IELTS writing and I'm not even aware of what other websites / tutors (like Simon) mentioned on this thread prescribe.

The reason for that is essays are subjective and everyone would have a different style / advise and it is sometimes confusing. Initially when I was browsing through IELTS essay I may have read few other blogs but I found IELTSLiz to be more logical or rather closer to my style of thinking and writing and then I didn't really read anyone else. Luckily I didn't have to take IELTS multiple times and hence probably that also limited my desire to explore other tutors.

Finally it all comes down to how you really "execute" and approach Task Response. If your Task response is clear chances of 7+ score increase. If Task response is bad more often than not you will get stuck at 6.5.

@H0peAndFa1th just wrote a beautiful post on how to "directly answer" the question. In my most reviews I tell folks to focus on Task Response. In my earlier reviews I would really get down to dissecting that but then it was getting repetitive. So, I just mention "Task Response" because honestly there is no point in dissecting every essay as topics on exam day could be different. I always hope that people would really use this thread and see and learn.

Reactions: Ria-sharma

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
yea thank you, but it boils my blood, when I see people making the same mistakes as I used to make in my 6.5 band era, 8 ielts test to be precise.

I was craving for the information, but nobody was there for me with that much info at one place, wild guess, probably this thread has the most concentrated info about writing on the entire internet.

should we make list of old reviews, to give it to lazy people ?

you are checking their essays, investing your time, despite that, meat is missing from essays, they don't get the point, Task achievement is shit in most essays, paragraph are clumsy, they don't understand the topic fully, its all mess. Literally break my heart, to avoid that pain, I don't even open this side of forums anymore.

and you might also aware of unlucky November 2018 AOR one's, shit is taking tooo much time, SithLord is our leader :(
:D Well I have mentioned many times here to learn from other's mistakes. But, I guess most people don't really learn unless they make the same mistake themselves. Also, I have in past actually re-posted links to old posts which have specific details on task response etc.

I learnt based on my experience on this forum that biggest mistake people make is that they are trying to write a jazzed up essay and forget to focus on task response. Issue is most essays won't even sound logical even if they were translated in their local language. So, it is not really a Language issue but comprehension issue.

I have been advising people to build their "idea banks" so that they have initial ideas and thoughts on any essay topic. Plus most essay topics in IELTS have similar areas. It is extremely difficult to just start writing on the fly. Essay writing starts much earlier than the first word is even written on paper.

Reactions: H0peAndFa1th

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
IELTS is going to punish you with 6 to 6.5 bands.

you are talking alot, english is good.
but Task Achievement is severely affected.

you can say, what is this bullshit ?, right ?

it is non conclusive talk, intangible, where is your example,

BP2:
general statement
One of the major disadvantage of such remote places is the lack of adequate emergency health facilities.
explanation
In extreme weather situations of the Sahara or the Antarctic, one can easily fall sick, and without proper medical attention common conditions such as dehydration can lead to life threatening situations.
example - fake one
In a recent report, authorities concluded that 80% deaths of inexperienced tourists caused by lack in proper preparation of basic necessities such as water, and along with one to seek thrill on unexplored trails which cause them to loose their way back and delay in the required medical treatment.
Conclusion: link back to general statement
Lack of knowledge and delayed treatment could result in unfortunate deaths of tourists which is the darkest side of the adrenaline rush (thrill) seeking activities.

121 words, more than enough

go and read this

http://www.yourdailypoem.com/listpoem.jsp?poem_id=2270
Your questions of How and Why after every sentence were exactly my thoughts while reading that essay.

nthalork

Aug 23, 2019
Some people think that the media (newspaper) have the right to publish details of people's private life, while other's think it should be controlled?
Discuss both views.

It is sometimes believed that print media has the right to publish people’s personal information; while others believe that it publication of such information should be restricted. This essay will discuss both sides of arguments to reach a meaningful conclusion.

On the one hand, there is a popular belief that newspapers can print people’s personal information in news and stories. People argue that this is necessary for fair delivery of news reports to the general public as without the personal details such as name, age, and place of residence in news stories would not only lack facts but also look fictitious. For example, what if you just read a story of an Indian winning the Badminton World Championship, would you feel completeness in the story without knowing the details of the actual winner. Thus, many people think that it is pertinent to news houses to mention individual identities and information related to them.

On the other hand, opponents of this idea contend that there should be a code to limit the usage of people’s private information by press. Arbitrary use of such information by these agencies may be used to defame individuals or may even endanger lives. For instance, a boy in New Delhi recently committed suicide after news daily mistakenly published his name in a theft case as a suspect. If the news channel would not have had permission to disclose personal information before conviction by courts such incident may have been avoided. Hence, many raise their voice to have a law to restrict the use of personal information by news reporters.

To recapitulate, although some are in favor of the freedom to press on publication of peoples private information as without it news would look untrue, others; however, feel that this invade the privacy of people and may lead to unfortunate incidents such as happened in New Delhi recently.

rer1

Aug 16, 2019
let's see what is topic.

some says, natural ability is must to succeed at sports

other say, hard work and practice can deliver the results, aka success

let's see if you got it right or not.

Discuss both views and give your opinion?

this is an instruction for you/writer, look here https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/instruction

now, it is asking you to be specific.
first give me both views, and then, give me your opinion.

It is not 100% necessary, but I prefer to stick to instructions, for a very specific reason.

you can not discuss both views genuinely after stating your opinion.
what is means that, your reader is going to think that you are biased to one view
or there is possibility that you can bias the reader to one view, then reader will discard arguments of another view.

In English language, instructions are very important, just like in listening or reading section of IELTS.
for example, one word blanks or one to three word blanks (need more attention, mostly prepositions or articles )

you can not ignore instructions.

https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/what-is-a-discursive-essay/

see it for yourself.

https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/why-avoiding-bias-in-writing-is-so-important-and-how-to-do-it/
https://www.essay.uk.com/guides/types-of-essay/discursive-essay.php

there is no point of reading the whole essay, if I know your opinion before reading the whole.

you all need to get your head around this. don't mess with instructions, or you will loose the bands, I am dead sure about it.

----
you may find me rude, but you will feel much worse when you see 6.5 in results.
you must read this thread from start. repeating this 10000th time, why don't you people listen to simple advice ???????

My take: you don't know, how to construct a paragraph, in a way IELTS want you to.

go, start reading this thread from first page, you will see me ranting that alot.

we have

some says, natural ability is must to succeed at sports

other say, hard work and practice can deliver the results, aka success

your First BP, failed to address both of them, its confusing.

pooooorly constructed paragraph, bad very bad.

writing about one thing, then offering concession,
then other thing, again concession.

before posting any essay, I strongly recommend you to read this entire thread, Learn from mistakes made by your predecessors, including me, before wasting your time, money, and our time ofcourse, wouldn't it be just a prudent idea ?????
Hello, Thank you for your feedback,

rer1

Aug 16, 2019
Hello Mr. Cansha

I wish to share another essay with you. Thank you in advance.

‘Nowadays, news companies spend a lot of money covering international news. However, local news is more relevant to people’s lives and should receive more funding.’

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

In today’s world, news broadcasters allocate great portion of their financial sources for international news coverage. Many people believe that these funds should be switched to the local news, due to the irrelevance of international news to the society. In my opinion, I believe that even though local news is essential for citizens, international developments around the world should not be neglected.

First and foremost, local news is significant for every person in a country. This is because national developments affect people’s lives, therefore individuals should keep themselves informed with the latest local news. For instance, in 2019, Italian government was abolished by the Prime Minister due to a dispute between the coalition parties and parliament decided to go for snap elections. If an Italian voter does follow that update, then he or she may miss to fulfill his/her responsibility as a citizen. Apart from that, TVs and newspapers should ensure to convey the latest advantages or improvements in the country, such as newly constructed public transport lines or a law that gives extra tax refund for seniors, hence people can benefit from these local developments. Consequently, every person should keep himself/herself updated with local news in order not to miss developments that are vital for them.

On the other hand, international news should be covered by the news channels adequately since many global developments are relevant for everyone in the world. Considering this, particular global issues are significant for every resident because globalisation connects everyone to each other with strong bonds. To illustrate, a raise in the interest rates of the Unites States Federal Reserve, which is the Central Bank of the USA, detoriorates the payback conditions of the debt owners in the world since the interests rates in global financial institutions are correlated with the interest rates in the Federal Reserve, so a hike in interest rate in the USA could increase the marginal interest payment of a mortgage debt owner in Turkey. From that concept, it can be comprehended that global news can be valuable for individuals if it affects their life, people should keep an eye on this news.

To sum up, I believe that even though covering local news is a must for the news broadcasting firms to keep people informed, individuals should not ignore major global news not to miss any relevant information.
I wrote that essay before too, @H0peAndFa1th
I will be grateful if you can check my work.

Aug 15, 2018
Question

You work for an international company and would like to spend six months working in its head office in another country.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter

• explain why you want to work in the company’s head office for six months.
• Say how your work could be done while you are away
• ask for his/her help in arranging it.

Answer:

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to express my interest to work in our organization Head office which is located in Ontario, Canada.

For one of our projects majorly supporting from Headquarters, I would like to work with the team to enhance my technical skills so that I can work independently in our Hyderabad office. In my opinion, it will take not more than six months to gain the necessary information.

As I discussed with Mr Mahesh, my colleague, he will work on my tasks as he does not have too many responsibilities for the upcoming two quarters. If he unable to complete any crititical tasks I will work on it once my knowledge transfer session is completed.

Could you please help me on the process, how to raise the employee movement? what are the documents required? so that I will arrange all necessary documents and passport for travelling.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours faithfully,
Chakravarthy Lekkala

Please correct my letter bro

Ashinder

Aug 19, 2018
@cansha can you review the essay and provide your feedback. Thanks in advance

Topic:

Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while other think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both opinion and give examples.

Essay:

In recent times, pet related injuries and mortality have sparked heated debates about whether it is healthy for children to be around pets or not. In my opinion, I agree that with owing pets children receive plethora of benefits however there are some drawbacks of keeping pets with children that cannot be overlooked.

On the brighter side, in this contemporary era, parents spends very little time with their young ones. As a result children feel alone and depressed but having pet such as dog, cat or more can resolve this problem as they are considered to be true friends and companion and helps children to stay elated. For example, a recent article published in times of India newspaper has proved that children grown up with pets are more agile and salubrious as compared to others. Furthermore, they help pupils in their holistic development as children learn many skills such as social skill by sharing strong bond of love and affection with beloved ones, attain sense of responsibility and more. Hence due to all these reasons pets are considered to be beneficial for children.

On the darker side, few people think that pets in young ones life are noxious. Children are vulnerable and possess less immune system as compared to adults. Generally, pets gather bacteria when they roam around contaminated places during their routine walks. As a result, children easily get infected by coming in contact with them and fell prey to the hazardous ailments. For instance, dogs shower their love to the caretakers by touching their body and face resulting in making them sick with various contagious diseases. However, with proper vaccination and precautions such problems can be deterred.

In conclusion, although people vary in their opinion, I assert that pets are human’s best friend and they equally contribute to the holistic development of the children by inculcating moral values which will help them to became responsible citizen of the society.

Aryan Afghan

Aug 26, 2019
Can someone please review my essay. I have booked an exam in the near future and I would really love to get those last-minute tips and feedback.

Some people say that it is possible to tell a lot about a person’s culture and character from their choice of clothes.
Do you agree or disagree?

The way people dress up definitely says a lot about them, however, whether it can speak of a person’s culture or character will be interesting to know. I believe clothing can gigantically describe people’s cultural and traditional values and it has a minimal to zero effect when it comes to describing characters.

As far as the cultures are concerned, I consider clothing has a direct impact. People across different cultures wear specific garments to represent their society core values. It is also possible to spot a particular event just by looking around people and the types of clothes they have been putting on. In India, for example, people tend to wear white cloths when they attend funeral ceremonies, whereas colourful dresses are worn on happy occasions, such as Diwali and Holi.

Nevertheless, when it comes to telling about people’s character, clothing has very limited to zero effect for two main reasons. Firstly, many people consider a simple way of living and they tend not to overcomplicate their life with all choices of clothing available. As an example, Steve Jobs who was considered to be among the richest on the planet would always wear a simple black shirt and blue jeans which were affordable even by the poorest class of society. Secondly, it is also hard to know whether or not a person is showing off by wearing a range of luxurious items. In other words, people might look rich from their appearance but in reality they might be exaggerating.

In conclusion, while it is hard to know about a person’s character, I believe it much easier to predict about a particular event or know about people’s traditions from the choices of clothes they make.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
@hope and @cansha

I have worked essay, by reading this thread and more topics along with building idea bank: I took my time to touch writing this time.

I have written this without timing myself just to see if I go in cracking TA or not.

Just pay some time and see if this has made any improvement.

Nowadays more and more business meetings and business training are taking place online.
Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Ups : convenient - anytime anywhere - Cost effective
Downs:
Lack of focus > People often get distracted in online meetings.
People usually reschedule it as it is convenient to do so

Recently, the trend to carry out business meetings and trainings online is on the rise which has its own positives and negatives. In my opinion, there are more upsides such as convenience and cost effectiveness which overshadow its downsides such as distractive audience and less significance.

To begin with, professionals who seek participation in online business meetings and workshops are prone to lose focus due to various day-to-day activities. This means, people attending the meeting might get distracted by work related emails or phone calls from a co-worker. For example, when I used to join an online business meeting, I usually get calls and emails which grabs my attention. Furthermore, people find online meetings less important than the work which available at their desk since these can be rearranged or accessed later from the archive. However, if people can pay their undivided attention and reduce replanning the web meetings then, it could become more meaningful arrangement.

On the other hand, conducting web based meetings and trainings regarding work is useful as they offer convenience. This means, attendees can join the meetings from almost anywhere provided they should have access to the internet. To exemplify, I have joined work related calls and workshops when I am on vacation or on travel. Additionally, the aforementioned setup is cost effective as well due to the fact that one can gain access to the meetings by remaining at their location, and can avoid travel to the designated place. Therefore, people and companies can save a considerable amount of money which would be spent otherwise on travelling.

To conclude, the number of online meetings and trainings are increasing day by day. I believe that this arrangement has more merits namely convenience and affordability over it demerits such as less focused attendees and getting unimportant treatment.

Since it says advantages and disadvantages - I have added more than 1 reason if that is making it underdeveloped the Ideas then please suggest if I can use one advantage and disadvantage irrespective of plural in question. Thanks in advance

My fingers are crossed that this time I am in line what is expected out of me, but trust me journey is frustrating.

Aryan Afghan

Aug 26, 2019
@hope and @cansha

I have worked essay, by reading this thread and more topics along with building idea bank: I took my time to touch writing this time.

I have written this without timing myself just to see if I go in cracking TA or not.

Just pay some time and see if this has made any improvement.

Nowadays more and more business meetings and business training are taking place online.
Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Ups : convenient - anytime anywhere - Cost effective
Downs:
Lack of focus > People often get distracted in online meetings.
People usually reschedule it as it is convenient to do so

Recently, the trend to carry out business meetings and trainings online is on the rise which has its own positives and negatives. In my opinion, there are more upsides such as convenience and cost effectiveness which overshadow its downsides such as distractive audience and less significance.

To begin with, professionals who seek participation in online business meetings and workshops are prone to lose focus due to various day-to-day activities. This means, people attending the meeting might get distracted by work related emails or phone calls from a co-worker. For example, when I used to join an online business meeting, I usually get calls and emails which grabs my attention. Furthermore, people find online meetings less important than the work which available at their desk since these can be rearranged or accessed later from the archive. However, if people can pay their undivided attention and reduce replanning the web meetings then, it could become more meaningful arrangement.

On the other hand, conducting web based meetings and trainings regarding work is useful as they offer convenience. This means, attendees can join the meetings from almost anywhere provided they should have access to the internet. To exemplify, I have joined work related calls and workshops when I am on vacation or on travel. Additionally, the aforementioned setup is cost effective as well due to the fact that one can gain access to the meetings by remaining at their location, and can avoid travel to the designated place. Therefore, people and companies can save a considerable amount of money which would be spent otherwise on travelling.

To conclude, the number of online meetings and trainings are increasing day by day. I believe that this arrangement has more merits namely convenience and affordability over it demerits such as less focused attendees and getting unimportant treatment.

Since it says advantages and disadvantages - I have added more than 1 reason if that is making it underdeveloped the Ideas then please suggest if I can use one advantage and disadvantage irrespective of plural in question. Thanks in advance

My fingers are crossed that this time I am in line what is expected out of me, but trust me journey is frustrating.
Hi,

I just had a quick review. Here are my comments:

1 - Your topic sentence doesn't cover all the points mentioned in your body paragraphs.
2 - Your conclusion is just same as your introduction.
3 - I think in the first body paragraph, you should have discussed the advantages as the questions pattern is like that.
4 - There are many grammatical mistakes. I am not going to comment on them as I do struggle with it.
5 - Overall, you have stayed on topic and it seems that the ideas are relevant to the question.

Reactions: Aruntocanada

nthalork

Aug 23, 2019
People use internet more instead of reading news paper and watching television. Do you agree or disagree.

An increasing number of peoples are preferring web over perusing paper and viewing television. I completely agree with this statement and believe that they are as it is more convenient and cheaper than all other options.

One of the most preponderant reasons people prefer the internet over other options is the convenience it offers. Most of them have internet facility enabled on their compact smartphones, through which they can access a host of information including news and entertainment on the go, which reduces their dependence on television and print media. A recent survey by Harvard Business Review has revealed that more than half of the participants preferred smartphones to access news and entertainment as information there on the net is latest and easy to access.

Another prominent reason why people shifted their attention from traditional sources of entertainment and information channels, such as TV and newspaper, to the internet due to its low cost. Purchasing a net plan is cheaper in many countries than subscribing a newspaper, set-top box, and a telephone altogether, despite the fact that its utility is much greater than all of these combined. For example, in India free unlimited internet access is given by a network provider called Reliance Jio on the subscription of their regular call plans thus users of the internet in developing counties such as India has increased by 60000 percent in the year 2017-18 alone.

To recapitulate, the internet is being preferred over newspaper and television by people owing to its low cost and higher convenience in accessing information.

Last edited: